Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
well, i just finished wiring in the Flextherm heating wire for basement bathroom. tomorrow i'll cover it in tile. nuthin quite like heat radiating from tile.
Is that so "pee" doesn't freeze on the floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] due to the cold winters up north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMAO!! now i just put tile down.MD, do you wait 2 days before grouting like they tell ya to?? I always thot ya could do it the next day.

when we first moved in, there was these tiny little mosaic tiles on our floor. my wife washed with bleach and water, and other concoctions about 4 times. Couldn't even touch the smell of urine. i don't think the old guy had hit the bowl in years. hey, he's a widower, i guess he could pee wherever he wanted (and did). guess ya don't have to worry about lift the lid when you can't even hit the porcelain. i suppose he got close enough by being in the right room. Anywho, i removed the old tile...NOPE! removed sub floor, sealed ship-lathe (sp?)under that, new sub-floor and then my buddy installed a new piece of lino crooked for me! but the smell is gone.
We did it the next day in our house. I can't believe your going through all this trouble[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]When your just going to sell the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Are you going recoupe your cost???

And that's just plain gross[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] After reading that, and going to my brother's house, where 5 boys live[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm glad I have 4 women in my house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVERYTHING has been reno'ed in our house, and this last bathroom is/was hideous. the floor heat i bought 2-3 years ago when i did the hallway.I bought enough to do the bathroom and laundry room too. i never did the laundry room cuz it would have required a seperate thermostat and another breaker in the panel, plus all the work.did tile it tho. i decided to do the bathroom with it cuz it only cost me an extra day.

the tile we got at an auction for less than a buck a tile, 13" tiles. so i've had them around for awhile (3 years ++). I've got enuf T&G 1x6 pine to do 1/3 of the bathroom, floor to ceiling. I just called a guy and can buy the rest of the pine for about $100. I bought a new toilet with lined tank today for $65 (the old one had a big crack in the bowl, and i thot that wouldn't go over big with a home inspector). I bought a used sink and cabinet for $50 that looks great and better yet: was a perfect fit. wife already bought taps and light fixture ages ago. All spent, should be less than $500, for almost complete bathroom job (time is free isn't it??), and only $300 in new money. i left the ugly old shower in. It won't look too bad, but a new one would have been nicer.

always hard to say what you get out when you sell.. heck, my wife is so peeved that her dream home sold, that we may luck out and just stay here for awhile and enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Our tile floors are so cool in the summer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] sometimes, I lay on it just for that reason[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Glad we don't need to worry about heated floors. I wish when we did our bathrooms, I had put some heating wire behind the mirrors to keep them fog free[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Especially in the shower stall. You should easily recoupe those prices[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They do say, when you remodel, your kitchen and bathrooms are the best ones for getting your money back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There will always be another dream home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you don't need to heat ALL year round?? wow!! that's awesome. ya, i like the cool floor in the hot summer (so do the pets). but during heating season, nothing beats radiant heat. i shut off the floor heat about 2 weeks ago. now i'm gonna hafta turn it back on, just to see if it works in the bathroom.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, we have to use heat here too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We get into the 30's at night. Probably avg into the 40's majority of the nights in winter. Get frost 3-4 times a year. During the day we get into the 50's. Just can't see the big need for heated floors. I think it would be over-kill here.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:40 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I'm with MD....waste on the heated floors here. Unless it was a high end home. When hell freezes over we might get down to 17 at which point the orange farmers and cr@ping their pants and getting the dozers lined up for the spring to rip out the destroyed trees.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Speaking of heat. Noone told me it was going to be 45 degrees here this morning.

Ive gotta leave for work here in a bit and i dont have the top or doors on the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Speaking of heat. Noone told me it was going to be 45 degrees here this morning.

Ive gotta leave for work here in a bit and i dont have the top or doors on the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: powerstroke01

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
yeah. twas a bit chilly. I put the doors back on but that only helped my legs. haha

This is JUNE not february! Im ready for teh heat.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

BTW you guys know anything about the laws regarding side mirrors?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel