Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

funny how some quads are so much harder to work on than others.

good thing you're teaching your daughter some mechanical things. when a mechanic tries to lie to her, she'll know. i'm trying to get 9 y/o to help and learn. his attn span for helping is too short. he'll remove some bolts i've loosened, but as i'm thinking about something, he always takes off.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

btw MD, what a trajedy here with the 4 mounties getting shot by the lunatic. at least he did himself after so we don't have to watch the families suffer thru trials, and then puke on our joke-of-a-legal system's mamby-pambying him after. i wish in those circumstances the police just do the guy, and say they returned fire, or make up some other iron-clad excuse. no one would care. captured alive is waste of time and $$, and cruel to the victim's survivors. people think cuz our country doesn't have death penalty that we're all bleeding hearts. believe me, the majority would love to see guys like this tortured and eventually terminated. mind you, all the different states with DP end up keeping the POS alive for years witth ridiculous expense. China does it right.

watching and reading the stuff about the families is heart-wrenching. really chokes me up.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
funny how some quads are so much harder to work on than others.

good thing you're teaching your daughter some mechanical things. when a mechanic tries to lie to her, she'll know. i'm trying to get 9 y/o to help and learn. his attn span for helping is too short. he'll remove some bolts i've loosened, but as i'm thinking about something, he always takes off.
She doing great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Doesn't want me to work on it, unless she's home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Guess, it gives her bragging rights to everyone, she talks too:cool) I'm trying to get my 12 year old into it more. She is the same way, stays focused for a few minutes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then, has enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, she would rather study/read[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] which her mother and I, can't complain about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I understand 110% with whatyour saying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I didn't hear all of what occurred up there. But it's all a tragedy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just like what occurred in Georgia[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I could comment on it, but, it is only being a Monday Morning quaterback, at it's to late for that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Very sad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

same here, we don't really know much, and everyone is wondering how one nutbar can fataly injure 4 rcmp, without them shooting him. i'm not gonna criticize the police at all if they erred in how they handled it, my god, they already paid with their lives. but i have a bad sense they're gonna flower it up to make sure the dept isn't criticized and everyone thinks the 4 fatals were heroic. I'd rather the complete truth come out, and then maybe people could learn from it.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Daughter and I worked on her quad some more today. Found a rip in the boot, that sits behind the carb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Tore the carb apart, and cleaned it real good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it did have some crap in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] can only guess it came through the rip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Decided to get away from the stock intake and go with a clamp on filter. Now to only find one for the mojave.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Just by them going out, doing what they did for a living[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They are heroes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] No matter what the out come is.
You can only move forward, after the truth is out, on what occurred, and hopefully, learn from it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So, no one else will have to pay the ultimate sacrifice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] the same way.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

sorry, i disagree with the overuse of the word "hero". they were noble, unselfish, brave, good men willing to put their life on the line for their sense of community and moral values. i just don't get hero out of it, nor did i feel that way about 9/11.

are you talkin bout the raptor having a rip in the boot? like above the throtttle body?

Old 03-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Quad Patrol

No, the mojave has the rip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Raptor has been good so far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Went out with LJ this weekend. We could have used a winch...a few times. LOL

First time was going to Pilot Peak. We finally figured out which trail (I don't think it would count as a road....) went up it. We're going up and it's getting steeper and steeper. To the point even LJ with the 'Lander in 4Lo was just spinning. We ended up hiking up the trail to the summit. Let me tell ya...this fat boy is outta shape. But it was reassuring that the youngin was having to work hard too. lol. There's not much at the summit. About a 10' circular clearing. That's it. And a stump, I'll post a pic.

So we finished with that. Then road through what was snow last time we were there. Just a few patches left.

Checked the bridge and it's all clear. No snow or ice. Should be good for the ride next month.

Went down our usual tough route. Of course, as usual....STUCK, again. Got a good shot of my bike in the rut. And I mean IN the rut. We made it through that and went for another trail. There's this flipping tree on that trail. I've NEVER made it over it...until yesterday. WOOHOO...of course I promptly got stuck in the slop on the other side. (*&)^ Yeah.

Ok, so on our way we go. We check out one trail and just barely into it it goes vertical and we bail. Then....hmm...this trail doesn't look bad. We passed on it last year. Someone on a WR400 went up before and said it was fine, we didn't believe him. But this time LJ just jumps on and goes. LOL. What can a buddy do but to follow. LOL. And then it began. Got to one section that I just kept getting stuck in. So out came the tow strap. LOL Yeah.

SO we get through that and come up on this section that's washed out just below an erosoin control setup...which is like 10' long...and then it's the road. Do we turn around? Nope. We get the 'Lander up this 2' vertical section. LJ riding and me on the tow strap keeping the front end down.

Next time, we bring the Come-Along...no matter what!

And trail maintenance doesn't exist. The trails are getting SERIOUSLY bad. They need to get some money, NOW.

We did see more people up there than I've EVER seen up there.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel