Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
UGH! When it rains it pours!

The AC is on its way out in the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
our GM van had the same thing happenin', just got coolant re-charged. $100 later, it's great. so don't delay and do it now.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I know what your going through LJ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I crawled under the PSD today. Found my clunking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It is the bearing/housing that connects the two halves of the drive shaft. Anyone know how hard it is to replace? That will be my first project in the new garage.
driveshaft certainly comes out easy, but i can't picture the bearing/housing. ask Ford how much freeplay is acceptable too.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Went out today and bought the wife a '03 Z400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now, I need to get rid of hers. Or, maybe I should keep the atv just like Endover[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] does with all his motorize vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
whoa dude, WTF RU doing!?!?you just bought a new pad. you musta confiscated a large bag-o-cash or hash today to be able to afford that move!! so now 2 z400s?? guess it's buy-buy Polaris. Hmmmm, who do i know that's thick enuff to drool over Polaris, awww, cmon.... HOSS!! He'll take it from ya for top $$.
Just send the wife to work a couple more shifts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Actually we've been looking since she rode mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] We were on our way to S.F. yesterday and my buddy (who I've had look and posted for z400 in the past) called me and told me this one was in the paper. I finally left the guy a message around 2 pm. He called around 6 pm and said he was at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and had a guy coming at 10am today to look at it. I basically told him, if he want to sell it, I'd go see it when he got off of work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, at 2am. I go to the next county to look at it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It looks decent and the price was right. So, I gave him a deposit and came back with cash this am[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wife is happy she has her Z400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She's happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am Happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Buddy is envious[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He paid $2000 more for his, then I paid for my 2 and he almost went to Mexico to get his[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I would beat, only 4-5 Z400s have been in the paper up here in the last year or so. All were asking almost what a new quad cost[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] other then the two I bought[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Right place, right time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We will probably sell the Polaris. I just can't see having 7 quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] even though an extraa one would be nice seeing people go with us to Pismo that don't have one. But, then, I run into a problem of getting all the quads there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And with the new house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Need to put a little $$$ back into savings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
WOAH.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] this just in from my PI i have stalkin Hoss... Evidence of his Furry Passion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
that is freakin hilarious. RU sure i never sent that to ya? i think that was a Canadian guy (maybe not.. i've seen the pic several times before). the eyewear is a definite improvement for hoss. and those fancy underwear.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Originally posted by: Whitewater
Anyone miss me?
Nope. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ROTFLMFAO!!!! HOHOHOHOHO, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! you just set back don juan to elementary school. he's gonna be CRUSHED. no kidding he's gonna slash the wrists. that's just too funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

hey wait a sec, he hasn't posted since that queen-size body slam. maybe he is floating face down somewhere. at least he coulda given us a more formal good-bye.
Your right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] should we be CONCERNED?????? After-all, who is going to teach the green hair, pee on your leg son[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] how to herass the opposite sex[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

the other thing MD is ALL that maintenance for 7 (?) quads, AND, if someone don't have their own ride, there's good reason. let them get their own, instead of freeloading your ride and trashing it. Are they there to help you fix and maintain them? HEC NO!! I wouldn't be that charitable.

glad to hear you're johnny on the spot. my latest conquest is to find a good Honda 250EX. I'm really not too impressed with our Honda 400 Foreman.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 AM
Quad Patrol

I know what your going through LJ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I crawled under the PSD today. Found my clunking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It is the bearing/housing that connects the two halves of the drive shaft. Anyone know how hard it is to replace? That will be my first project in the new garage.
driveshaft certainly comes out easy, but i can't picture the bearing/housing. ask Ford how much freeplay is acceptable too.
I'll do that. When I was under it, I could see the shaft moving around as it clunked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Definately where my problem is coming from. Guess now is to find out what FORD'S tolerance level is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 AM
Quad Patrol

the other thing MD is ALL that maintenance for 7 (?) quads, AND, if someone don't have their own ride, there's good reason. let them get their own, instead of freeloading your ride and trashing it. Are they there to help you fix and maintain them? HEC NO!! I wouldn't be that charitable.

glad to hear you're johnny on the spot. my latest conquest is to find a good Honda 250EX. I'm really not too impressed with our Honda 400 Foreman.
So true. Right now, I am just keeping up on the 6 we have:Want to buy sand tires for all and some safety items like nerf bars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I guess, when we got started 8 years ago as a family, friends let us use their quads and I am just returning the favor. But, we did bring our own gas and equipment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And "IF" something did go wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was there to pay for whatever it was and help fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I am glad it is happening to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll pray it happens for you too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What's going on with the 400? That's the one you got from the rental place right?

Old 08-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

The AC is on its way out in the jeep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
That stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] expecially with this being the hottest week of the summer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I took the top and doors off. So its not so bad.

Oh, and i get to drive the PSD while its in fresno getting the gears put in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Parents got a rental. haha

Old 08-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

our GM van had the same thing happenin', just got coolant re-charged. $100 later, it's great. so don't delay and do it now.
Naw. Its a bearing or something. The AC still works but its makeing some loud/wierd sound. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel