Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

wow! incredible stupidity. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's an interesting study in human behaviour. Never judge a book by the cover. I always get to know somebody before i try to pass judgement, and even if they rub me the wrong way, I try to "walk a mile in their shoes" so I can at least tolerate them, or understand where they're coming from. Funny, but I find a lot of so-called professionals the most difficult to tolerate because of their hollier-than -thou attitude, and general snobbyness.

my neighbor is a 20 year old Chinese kid. He's recently done the mohawk twice, but way longer spikes than your son. He is THE nicest, hard-working, polite kid you'd ever want to meet.If my kids grow up the same way I'd be proud of them. He laughed at all the razzing we gave him, never got offended. But he finally went with the full head shave (for now) because people were literally freaked out or terrified of him. He got lots of abusive comments too.

Some other clean-cut, nicely groomed puke was just caught scouting our neighborhood on his bike, coming into all our yards, looking in windows,etc. My trailer window is broken and someone tried prying the glass out (same kid i think).

Ya, property has become cost-prohibitive here too. In the mediocre areas of the burbs, a small building lot is $220,000. In the City, a small lot is worth around $650,000. and you remove the 80 year old house. With a new house on it, these places are 1 Mil plus. These are the same neighborhoods that were $10,000. houses in the 50's and were very middle-class, small house on small lot. Acreage is about an hour from the downtown (no traffic), and a 5 acre chunk plus a nice home like your 'hood would be around $750,000. Even after converting this to US $$, it's still pretty expensive. And Whistler (2010 Olympics) UNREAL expensive, and no property left. Couple of Seattle .com billionaires have $10Mil homes up there, still no acreage but incredible homes.

Old 06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try not to judge either. I don't judge you, and you even have a bag over your head.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, we had the 2002 olympics here and prices shot up. Soldier Hollow (nordic skiing, etc.) was in my home town and then other venues, luge, bobsled, ski-jumping, moguls, free-style, etc. was only about 10-15 miles away.

I went to Vancouver a couple of years on business (nice place).

Old 06-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

have the prices corrected? we go through these cycles quite a bit actually, maybe every 5 years. Ya, it really is a beautiful city, but it only got this green from lotsa rain. everything possible here to do though, mountains, ocean, you name it, we've got it. Except ya gotta travel an hour to find good quadding trails!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

the bag seemed appropriate for "confused buyer"...., but nobody reads my signature. by all rights, I should be canucklehead but someone who never,ever posts already has that tag. Then i could use a Vancouver Canucks hockey team logo and you'd see my true colors!

Old 06-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I drove up to Vancouver just a few months ago from Seattle on business. Man, it sure is purdy up there. Next time I go it will be for a fishing trip, not sure when that will be though. I was also surprised to find out that you have the same traffic problems we tend to have down here...I guess I didn't expect that.

I chose the bag head because I'm just too stupid to shrink a picture small enough to use as my icon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

there are so many remote fishing lakes here it's incredible. lots need an atv to get there, lots don't. if it's ocean fishing, there are a couple of spectacular fishing lodges in the Queen Charlotte Islands (part of our province) near the southern tip of the Alaska panhandle (that's the part of Canada you guys stole from us, but we'll do the history lesson another day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). On the radio yesterday, some guy's kid caught a 48lb Chinook salmon using dad's old crappy rod (compared to dad's new rod i guess). over 40lbs is rare, but 20-30 is very common for a Chinook.

well, either I'll call you next time we head down to Old Woman Springs Rd or Joshua Tree, or Pioneer Town,or you can call me next time you're here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ya, our traffic nightmares are because of a few rivers, so the crossings are always the bottleneck. Plus the city was designed with the foresight it wouldn't reach 500,000, but now we're over 2 million in the lower mainland, and growing rapidly. Add to that many of our drivers have never driven in Norht America before, and it equals chaos. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Quad Patrol

Looks like you guys did take over the topic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's nice to read a real dialogue going between adults.
Whitewater, nice pics, that is a load to pull down the road.
I also just put new pictures up. They have the rig and family at our latest outing this last weekend. Lt. Dan

Old 06-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

oops, sorry.

great pics. looks HOT and dry. we have an area sorta like that (in the summer), Kamloops, but more hills. really dry and dusty though, and almost unlimited riding area. Some of the hill climbs are mean/tough for expert riders (not me!).

back to trucks, I haul pretty much the same load on my deck.... Kodiak 450, Yamaha 200, LT160 and a Raptor 80, plus an XR70 dirtbike and then the travel trailer. The F250 without duallys would be overloaded, but if you added air helpers, or, extra leafs, that'd help. I just hate having to take 2 vehicles to go somewhere for one family.

I think when it's time to sell this deck I'm gonna post it here, cuz it looks like a lot of you guys would really benefit from this set-up, and i never see them in the US with aluminum, same size, etc..

Old 06-25-2004, 02:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Thanks, Yea, I hate taking two vehicles when we go, can't wait to get the toy trailer, Unfortunately other priorities right now. So, two vehicles it is. I think about putting air bags on the truck. I have a friend who did and he overloaded his trailer, now it has a bent frame. I should take a picture and post it. It does help, but it doesn't increase your gvw though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Which he tried to do.

It can and does get hot and dry. It was about 90 that day with a nice cool breeze though, otherwise it would of been a short day out.

Old 06-25-2004, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

yah, yer bang on about the air bags. They just seem to level the load and make the ride a little smoother (from what everyone tells me..don't know from experience). A mechanic told me ya really gotta add leaves to the suspension to carry more weight, but that will only go so far... it doesn't make the axles stronger, or the brakes bigger, etc.. Most people don't want overloads or an extra leaf cuz the ride is that much stiffer when empty ( I can attest to the stiffer ride).

Old 06-25-2004, 03:46 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
yah, yer bang on about the air bags. They just seem to level the load and make the ride a little smoother (from what everyone tells me..don't know from experience). A mechanic told me ya really gotta add leaves to the suspension to carry more weight, but that will only go so far... it doesn't make the axles stronger, or the brakes bigger, etc.. Most people don't want overloads or an extra leaf cuz the ride is that much stiffer when empty ( I can attest to the stiffer ride).
You were told right, it does make a big difference on how the ride is smoother and level. No more high beams being flashed at you. And springs is the beter way to go but, like you said, everything else is still the same, sooner or later, something will give.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel