Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Rescue, it looks like you have quite the crew. Got to hate the dust.

It's a pity we aren't all independantly wealthy and can't just go out and pick up a toy hauler. I would really like to only pull one trailer, but I don't see any changes in the near future. However, I really want to do some stuff to my truck (oh yeah, that's what this threat was about - trucks). I guess my wants are bigger than my wallet.

Confused, where's the pics?

Just4kicks, I've seen your ugly mug and a bag is very fitting for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just kidding - don't get mad...gees....

What happened to MrTommy?

Old 06-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

LOL! Yep, it's just a good thing my kids got thier "looks" from thier mom. I'm Italian-Irish...not the best mix.

confusedbuyer, anytime you're down in the area give me a PM and we'll ride.

rescuediver, nice pics you added, looks like some good times. I really like the wheels on your truck too.

Old 06-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Dust isn't THAT bad. I'd rather take our dry, dusty heat, than the humidity of some places.

Independantly wealthy would be a nice thing too. Though it can get you in trouble. A friend went and bought a 38' 5th wheel toy box. Now he's doggin hills and over weight. Gonna laugh next time when the little pickup blows by a full-size truck pullin a huge toy box. Shoulda bought the diesel (hey, back on topic.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Guess there are some advantages to not having the money to buy the finer things in life.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Too bad we are not rich like, Toyking, 2004YFZ450, mudisnjustforboys, Russ7R (by the way, nice arsenal - planning on joining the Montana Militia?), and just4fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 1992 four door Ford with the 7.3 but i also installed an ATS turbo system. I pull a 26 foot flat bed trailer goose neck. I can put 9 fourwheelers and gear on it and it never quits. But i have a 5 speed, I recomend the same.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 1992 four door Ford with the 7.3 but i also installed an ATS turbo system. I pull a 26 foot flat bed trailer goose neck. I can put 9 fourwheelers and gear on it and it never quits. But i have a 5 speed, I recomend the same.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old 06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old 06-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Quad Patrol

Whitewater, Thanks. The dust isn't to bad especially when your wearing all the gear. The only part I don't like is when riders show no courtesy and just blast past where you set up your camp area without slowing down or decide to do 360's 50 feet up wind from you. That sets me off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
And I hear you on the wants being bigger then the wallet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Just4kicks, Thanks, they perform good too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BlackandRed, How you doing? We have been looking at buying around 40 acres in the Don Pedro/LaGrange area. That way we have our own little piece of land and a place to camp locally too.

Farboy, Welcome aboard

Old 06-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I'm doing pretty good. Haven't ridden in a couple weeks now. Busy with other stuff. Should be back on the bike next weekend up above Oakhurst. Passing on Hollister this weekend for a get together with some people from high school. One of those once a year things that happens.

Heat hasn't been too bad down here really. Pushing the low-mid 90s or so. With the breeze it's pretty bearable...especially at my desk with the A/C on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I know a guy who's got some land up around Greelley Hill. Ride up in the forest above that. Nice riding, though dusty.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel