Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Whitewater
It's raining here today.

Hey Lt. Dan, are you doing the moving/packing or are you having movers do it?

Oh, and goodmorning!!!!
Afternoon Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It's not raining here today. But the humidity is higher then normal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Hoss, I brought it up to the wife to have movers do the moving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, she gave me the BIG "NO"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, the movers are my brothers and brother in-law. I don't look forward to moving 16 years worth of accumulated stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Morning...ur...afternoon Skinner.

Sheesh...fuel is 2.80 a gallon today.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
You're still .23 to .59 cents cheaper then us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Quad Patrol

Did you just kick me in the...? I'll admit, that was funny.
Women...grrrrrrrr.
LMAO!

Good one DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I felt that all the way up here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
How much rain PS01? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
No clue. It did rain for a good 3+ hours up at the shop though.
Some guys weather station in Ahwahnee. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I didnt have time to go and get a link for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Book of Job...

THERE was a man in the land of aUz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that efeared God, and eschewed evil.

And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.

His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses (AKA: Dancing Queen), and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.

And he loved FBK and bowed down to Hoss and gave unto him his sheep, and all was good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ya, sompin like that. so it's "job", not "jobe"?? and miss kitty, yer just stompin poor 'ol Hoss while he's in a slump! he'll snap outta it and eventually come up with something clever and witty..... he's got to! remember, even a blind chicken finds corn!

Old 08-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer Ooooops, sorry guys, i just discussed one of the 2 taboo chat room topics: religion. the other is politics.

This iweek in the forum, these topics, especially the first one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] has really stirred some people up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: confusedbuyerhmm, think PSD. well, this darn camper i have is 11' 5", with an extended overhang (north/south bed). man, is it HEAVY, on a dually! and with the enclosed trailer, i'm really not much further ahead than i was with my 30' TT and quad deck. somehow, i thought i'd be a little lighter, but it's barely noticeable. only all the lost trailer/camping space is noticeable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Didn't I mention this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] when you first talked about going to this set-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
no doubt, we knew we'd miss the trailer space. thought i'd lose some weight tho & the pulling would be better. BUT, we can haul all the toys much easier now. like i said before, if there was a PERFECT set-up, we'd all have it.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Confused, How did this morning go? Any word back?
still getting the mushroom treatment (kept in the dark, and fed a lot of ****).
I know exactly what your going through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We have our own little drama going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] A underwriter is flacking on their job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
geez, that's brutal. getting insurance coverage should be a no-brainer. i've already got my quote, and the cheapest is ..... $2600!! YIKES!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] well, there's lotsa buildings to insure.
It just plan stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Our insurance on the new house is about $1100 a year. You guys are way high[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
my current house is 3400sq' + 600'sq detched shop/garage. we pay $1100 cdn for it, with earthquake coverage. the new place has 2 houses, + 1250'sq shop with 12' ceilings & only a volunteer firehall. no proximity to fire hydrant either.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

ya, sompin like that. so it's "job", not "jobe"?? and miss kitty, yer just stompin poor 'ol Hoss while he's in a slump! he'll snap outta it and eventually come up with something clever and witty..... he's got to! remember, even a blind chicken finds corn!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] yeah its job pronounced jobe... God put him to the test. it would kinda suck to be picked on by god and the devil. but i guess god had great faith in job so ya know. i only read like 14 chapters of it before i had to git out the other dayt. i should finish the story

Old 08-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Back to the topic that this great thread was started for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the 7.3 PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

This morning I went out to start my truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it wouldn't turn over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] there was hissing, chimming and clicking going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Check the red/green idiot eyes on the batteries. The passenger battery was red[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] the left green[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Hooked the battery charger up to it and was able to get it started. Took it to the local Ford dealer, they checked the electrical system. Right battery had zero, notta, zilch CCA's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the left had 410 CCA's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They didn't charge me for the test or their services to exchange the batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Got 2 new batteries for $200. Both have a 4 year unlimited replacement warranty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My window is also working better too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
wow, GREAT warranty. so, what's wrong with the batt. with 410 CCA?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

wow, GREAT warranty. so, what's wrong with the batt. with 410 CCA?
Considering it should probably be 650-850 CCA. And considering the PSDs are running two (parrallel, so you double the CCAs). Not sure 410 would have cranked over my Daewoo. It had a 650 CCA battery. And that was only 2 liters at like 9:1 compression. Not 7.3L @ 16:1.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel