Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer Ooooops, sorry guys, i just discussed one of the 2 taboo chat room topics: religion. the other is politics.

This iweek in the forum, these topics, especially the first one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] has really stirred some people up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: confusedbuyerhmm, think PSD. well, this darn camper i have is 11' 5", with an extended overhang (north/south bed). man, is it HEAVY, on a dually! and with the enclosed trailer, i'm really not much further ahead than i was with my 30' TT and quad deck. somehow, i thought i'd be a little lighter, but it's barely noticeable. only all the lost trailer/camping space is noticeable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Didn't I mention this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] when you first talked about going to this set-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
no doubt, we knew we'd miss the trailer space. thought i'd lose some weight tho & the pulling would be better. BUT, we can haul all the toys much easier now. like i said before, if there was a PERFECT set-up, we'd all have it.

Isn't the perfect set-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Leaving the wife at home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Quad Patrol

my current house is 3400sq' + 600'sq detched shop/garage. we pay $1100 cdn for it, with earthquake coverage. the new place has 2 houses, + 1250'sq shop with 12' ceilings & only a volunteer firehall. no proximity to fire hydrant either.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You guys need a pool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Out here, it lowers your fire insurance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Back to the topic that this great thread was started for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the 7.3 PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

This morning I went out to start my truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it wouldn't turn over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] there was hissing, chimming and clicking going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Check the red/green idiot eyes on the batteries. The passenger battery was red[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] the left green[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Hooked the battery charger up to it and was able to get it started. Took it to the local Ford dealer, they checked the electrical system. Right battery had zero, notta, zilch CCA's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the left had 410 CCA's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They didn't charge me for the test or their services to exchange the batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Got 2 new batteries for $200. Both have a 4 year unlimited replacement warranty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My window is also working better too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
wow, GREAT warranty. so, what's wrong with the batt. with 410 CCA?
The PSD needs around 600 CCA's out of the batteries to turn over. So, with the right side battery at 0 CCAs, the left one didn't have enought to turn the PSD over.

The old batteries had 750CCA each. The new ones are at 1000 CCA each.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Quad Patrol

just got back from a 4 day quad trip. lotsa great riding and pics (sorry, all SLR 35MM, no digis). saw a couple of black bears. we were camped all alone, for free, right on this river that's more like a creek right now. It was prolly around 80 degrees, and REALLY dusty. boy, was that river nice for bathing, relaxing, keeping stuff cold. the deepest part was about 4', so we didn't have to worry about the kids. JUST started raining here... i guess we need it after a month of sun.
Sounds like a great place to camp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Quad Patrol

I THINK quad batts are around 70cca (for the smaller ones i work on for the kids), so i musta thot 400 was huge.
And you tried telling the wife the same thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's this B I G[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Originally posted by: XtremeSkier
man i thought this was the morning Spin Zone??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

no1's here..

very strange

very very strange...
I'm here. It will pick up when the west coast schmucks wake up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good morning all!
Good Morning USA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Isn't the perfect set-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Leaving the wife at home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
OUCH.

The perfect set up? Hmm. It would be low-weight and zero drag.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

The PSD needs around 600 CCA's out of the batteries to turn over. So, with the right side battery at 0 CCAs, the left one didn't have enought to turn the PSD over.

I can hear Tim Allen gunting away over the 1000CCA batteries.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
OUCH.

The perfect set up? Hmm. It would be low-weight and zero drag.
That's why you leave them at home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Actually I enjoy my wife's company[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She makes me a better person[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I can hear Tim Allen gunting away over the 1000CCA batteries.
That will be the only grunting you will hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The PSD turns over like a kitten[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel