Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

DON'T tell the war department that!! she'd love to waste 40K on a pool. up here, a pool can be a curse to selling a house. we're too lazy to keep them up, and the season is only about 4 months. and concerns about kids around the pool, etc..

oh yeah, and our current house ins. is way high at $1100 cuz of 2 wood burning fireplaces.
LOL! Our season is about 5 months. Not that much longer. We tried to di it ourselves in the beginning. Found out we didn't enjoy the pool as much (took to much time) then, we got a pool service, cost is only $35 a month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and worth every penny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Put a fence around it. We did. Finally took it down 2 years ago, after the youngest became a strong swimmer.

We just found out today, our new house insurance is going up $20 a month more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Investors felt it wasn't inflated enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] for today's market[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] IN case the house burnt down.
those rotten @#*&%@#* insurance companies! dontcha just despise them all!

Old 08-18-2005, 03:15 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no doubt, we knew we'd miss the trailer space. thought i'd lose some weight tho & the pulling would be better. BUT, we can haul all the toys much easier now. like i said before, if there was a PERFECT set-up, we'd all have it.

Isn't the perfect set-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Leaving the wife at home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
AMEN to that one brother! there's sompin we can all agree on!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There are a few other things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, that is a big one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

well, i shoulda read ahead before making my post, cuz then you ruined your original comment by back-tracking and suck-holing, just in case your wife reads that post![/quote]

LOL!

Old 08-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done my share of cussing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not a good thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Fortunately, my girls are coming to the age where all three and the WIFE are helping out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Otherswise, I would agree with you about leaving the sport. Stick with it, tell the family you need help and see if they step up to the plate. Mine did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My kids are a big plus on the maintenance too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My oldest can change oil and tires. I showed her how to use the torque wrench[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and she torques the bolts to 38 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] on the wheels. So, I don't worry about them falling off. We also decided to get rid of the Polaris. Gave the oldest daughter the option of keeping the Polaris and getting rid of another quad. She said, she didn't care for the Polaris[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it's a tank. So, we decided to get rid of it after we move in. Figure, I'll get around $1700 for it.

geez, i'd hope you'd get at least that much! but, it is a POO-laris, and there's only so many morons in Utah willing to trip over themselves for them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

so now i'm looking for a Honda 250EX (yep, the sport version). i like the shaft drive for low maintenance. very light weight for a 250. and i figure this one would last Jr. a LONG time. so up here, a 2000-2002 model goes for about $2600-3000 (US). but there are very few. i bet down in sport-quad country they go for a lot less eh? like how much for a 2000-2002?

Old 08-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: Whitewater
Where is everyone? Confused and Trasher hasn't stopped by for a few days. Oh yeah, I forgot that most people have real jobs. Except for DQ...she just mooches off of Daddy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good evening all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This darn job stuff has got to quit. Cutting deep into my play time. No free time to tee up my *****[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
face it, yer an addict now! i was gonna play tomorrow, but prolly not now (too late; 1:30PM). but on the weekend, i'll play with my dad in Kelowna. as i was packing the trailer for our ride last week, i was cussing up a storm and told the wife from now on, the whole family is taking up golf and no more quadding. when we want to leave by noon, we're never packed up before 8PM. and the maintenance for 4 quads is too much. MD, how the heck do you look after all that equipment??

I'm hooked, my two boys are hooked, their friends are hooked. We have a frigging epidemic down here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Even now I'm in Scottsdale, AZ until saturday afternoon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Either I'm a company man or a fool. take yer pick........
well wait a sec, dontcha have yer golf sticks with ya?
I did not bring them becuase I don't have time to play[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Friggin sales meeting starts tomorrow until Saturday. Some folks are stayin over to play on Sunday but I'm getting home and spend some quiet time with the family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 03:27 AM
Quad Patrol

We just found out today, our new house insurance is going up $20 a month more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Investors felt it wasn't inflated enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] for today's market[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] IN case the house burnt down.
those rotten @#*&%@#* insurance companies! dontcha just despise them all![/quote]

Couldn't blame this one on the insurance co. They argued with the title company and investor on it. But, the investor wouldn't fund unless they (ins. co) upped the coverage to rebuild at a higher market price. So, the price went up. They are nickle and dimeing us big time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Quad Patrol

geez, i'd hope you'd get at least that much! but, it is a POO-laris, and there's only so many morons in Utah willing to trip over themselves for them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

so now i'm looking for a Honda 250EX (yep, the sport version). i like the shaft drive for low maintenance. very light weight for a 250. and i figure this one would last Jr. a LONG time. so up here, a 2000-2002 model goes for about $2600-3000 (US). but there are very few. i bet down in sport-quad country they go for a lot less eh? like how much for a 2000-2002?
I wish we could get more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But KBB is only saying $1500[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'll ask a little more and see what I do get.

I would venture to guess they would go for around the same price. There are also to few on the open market. See a few 400ex's though. But the owners want just about the same as a new one. Around here, there are a lot of banshees and blasters on the market. Can get a banshee for around $4000++ Saw a '03 for $7k. Had a lot of work done to it, but that is more then I would want to spend on one. A blaster goes for around $1500-$1800.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Welp, Im outta here. Taking the truck down to Banks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Ill be back friday night or saturday morning..

Old 08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

bring lots of cash with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

LOL! Our season is about 5 months. Not that much longer. We tried to di it ourselves in the beginning. Found out we didn't enjoy the pool as much (took to much time) then, we got a pool service, cost is only $35 a month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and worth every penny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Put a fence around it. We did. Finally took it down 2 years ago, after the youngest became a strong swimmer.
Sounds like a good deal. My supervisor really likes his new salt water pool. Much lower maintenance costs than traditional chlorine.

What a bunch of blood suckers. Thing is, the rebuild cost will be lower than the initial purchaase price, because you already have the land. Investors must own insurance stock as well.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel