Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Skinner, don't worry about being Off Topic...this thread wouldn't be alive if we didn't talk about everything under the sun. However, I'm with Rescue...I don't watch the news much. Hell, I didn't even know there was an earthquake in Indian, until today. I look at the headlines on internet news pages, but that's only if I have time.

Oh, I winterized the fiver last night...it's getting cold. It snowed last week.
I saw Denver received like 10 inches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Friend of mine went hunting over the past weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] he said it snowed at the higher elevations in the Sierras[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Down here in the valley, we are still hitting mid 80's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and no signs of rain at all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I haven't been paying attention[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] not only on this, but a lot of things in general[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Haven't had the t.v. on in DAYS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Only read part of the paper. Doesn't sound good, anyway you look at it.
Further reading, some of the financial guys think it won't matter for GM. Reading between the lines, it could be a boost, in some ways. If they have to shoulder the health/retirement from Delphi, they can handle it. Liability for GM is between $0 and $11B. Though GM's financial position is nice:
[*] +$30B in cash (or cash equiv.)[*] $50B in credit available. BB- rating (just downgraded from BB). [ed. forgot that B, I think they have more than $50 in credit... LOL]

And they are currently overpaying Delphi by about $2B/yr for parts.

If GM resumes responsibility, they probably have better leverage on the UAW to lower wages than Delphi does. They have a larger workforce, and this could affect many more people than just the Delphi workers (49K).

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

One of the reasons I took this new job is because of the retirement package. I have 30 more years to work, and I hope that by then, my retirement package is still there. Delphi sounds like they are in a pickle.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Quad Patrol

One of the reasons I took this new job is because of the retirement package. I have 30 more years to work, and I hope that by then, my retirement package is still there. Delphi sounds like they are in a pickle.
You wouldn't believe how many people our ages don't care about retirement. All they want is a good hourly wage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They are not looking at the long term picture. They just want to get that new F250 with the lift kit and tire package for $60K+, new boat, silicon for the g/f, quad, toy hauler etc. I know cops that are not paying into the retirement system because they want the money in their pockets[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] STUPID is as STUPID does[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I know it's a little OT, and kinda deviates, but is somewhat topical. Anyone been watching the Delphi Bankruptcy? GM is so tied in with them, if Delphi tanks, GM will be right behind them because of the spin off in '99. The pension plan is underfunded by $5B. Yes kids, that's Five Billion Dollars! If they cut the workers salary/benefit package to $20/hr, they can save it. It's currently at $65/hr. OUCH.
Sounds like the City of San Diego[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] We have a pension fund they can't pay for, no mayor, high taxes, no services, etc. and everyone calls it "America's Finest City". What a joke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I remember a couple years back when an off-duty deputy was found at a street race that had a fetality, IIRC. That was a HUGE deal, as it should be. Not sure what ever happened to him. I think he was put on paid admin leave...
Paid admistrative leave is standard procedure when involved in a investigation of this magnitude. I am sure the public doesn't know what really happened to him, seeing it's a personel issue which is confidential. Even though he was present[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] did he contribute to the death? That would be question that needed to be answered. Anyways................I never heard anything about it.

Have any places started putting together anything like that? How successful was it at getting the street racers off the street and on the track?
I don't know of any is the immediate area. I know there is one up near Sacramento, and a few down south. Cost would be extremely high to start one and then, to get neighbors to accept it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] yea right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think there would be more grudge matches just outside the track, then on the track. Remember, your street racers in part, do it because it is against the law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and the adrenaline is better then drugs.[/quote]

Down at Qualcomm Stadium, they have street racing once a month and it hasn't been a problem. They are hurting for the funding to stay open though. So far it has worked out

Old 10-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
Sounds like the City of San Diego[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] We have a pension fund they can't pay for, no mayor, high taxes, no services, etc. and everyone calls it "America's Finest City". What a joke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Fresno Unified School District is screwed up big time too. I think they are trying to fend off a state takeover. Not sure. They are in the financial crisis partly with insane health costs. I think that's the biggest issue for a LOT of companies. GM is looking at a $6/share health care costs. I think they need to sit down and look at where exactly all of the money is going. Try to lean down management (hah, I know...good luck...since they are the ones who would be cutting their own jobs...like that will EVER happen.)

I think the Delphi CEO should do what Lee Iacoca did at Chrysler. $1 salary and took bonus based on corporate performance. Turned around Chrysler and paid off the gov. loans way early. The CEO has already said he would take a pay reduction.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skinner, don't worry about being Off Topic...this thread wouldn't be alive if we didn't talk about everything under the sun. However, I'm with Rescue...I don't watch the news much. Hell, I didn't even know there was an earthquake in Indian, until today. I look at the headlines on internet news pages, but that's only if I have time.

Oh, I winterized the fiver last night...it's getting cold. It snowed last week.

hey STOO-PID, is that anywhere near INDIA!!!! do ya think it's true what they say about 'roids (not the HEM version) shrinkin yer brain, or are you naturally this stunned? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw Denver received like 10 inches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
MD!! what were you doing in my room?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] and my wife's name ISN'T Denver!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

[I saw Denver received like 10 inches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I guess Hoss has finally named his sheep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel