Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 02:57 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

Marshal Dillon, yer back WAY too early. what happened to 10 days no wife, no kids??I know! ya had to get back to park the squad car down the street of that groupie we were razzin ya about before ya left. just don't let the family see this post, and your secret will be safe with the FBK boys. and how can ya say fishin wasn't very good in one breath and then tell us all about that huge haul in the next breath? sounds pretty decent to me.
Guess, in my tired state,(long drive) I didn't make myself clear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] hate it when that happens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Fishin for us started out slow, then, a day of rain. Finally, something took us to this point, and told us to put our lines in here. Which we did. For about 1 1/2 hours, we were pulling the fish out 2 at a time. We actually had both nets going at the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]quite a few time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Family is gone for few more days. I have a couple appointments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] that I can't miss. So, had to come back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

And I remember, Tony Orlando and Dawn, along with Donny and Marie, Hee Haw, Lawrence Welk, Yes, my mom made us watch that show. There was a cute singer though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh yea, this thread is about PSD's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Right, I was getting 18-22 miles per gallon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 22 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]when I was going 60 mph, 19 mpg when I was at 65-70 mph and 75+++, I was getting 18 mpg. I like those numbers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2004, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Where ever you go, it will definately, be better, then your last day at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
couldn't agree more!!

Old 08-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Be safe and have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] MD

Old 08-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

That's great mileage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

I would just like to say, welcome back MD.

Dang, I wish I could get mileage like that. I get about 15.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Thanks Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yes, it is great mileage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I figured out that as long as I feather the gas pedal, I get better mileage. But, if I'm always into it, I can literally watch the fuel guage move[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I was towing a 14' boat, so, it was under a little load. But, I was definately please when it came to the fuel pump. Of course when your only going 60 mph when the speed limit is 75, your watching the world pass you buy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I figured, I could live with 18 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

15-18 is still pretty sweet for dragging around that much weight.
Ya gotta love them PSD's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 03:25 AM
Quad Patrol

Creator, I agree. I get 13-15 around town with hwy 99 traffic thrown in everyday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I'm definately into the pedal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]But, I was glad to see 22 mpg if I want to take my sweet time going somewhere. Made it from Ontario, Oregon or was it Idaho,hhhmmmm, anyways, it's at the Oregon/Idaho border, all the way to Reno on a tank of fuel (about 400 miles) and still had about 5 gallons to go in the tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Had to go up a 6% grade for 3 miles, it was no problem for the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]cruised right along[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hoss, your mileage must be effected by the high altitude your at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Also, was told that you don't get your best mileage until around 80,000 miles. Are you there yet? If not, you still might have a chance to see a improvement. I'm at 71,000 miles. So, I'm probably getting the best mileage right now.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

I have a small block Suburban running a 383 stroker motor that gets about 18-20 hwy and about 14 towing a 18ft trailer. I want to sell that and get a big block Burb but that puppy will only get about 10 mpg dragging the box around.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Big Hoss: What type of hair cut did little Jr. go to school with this year? We all know how last year ended![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel