Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

OK you want a Banks "Big Hoss" Kit 156hp 275 ft/lb torque. sweet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Banks "BIG Hoss"

Old 09-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What about the extra stress on the tranny? My 99' was a tranny eater so I'm a little timid about messing with my new baby.

Something I forgot to mention that may have had an impact on my milage though I'm not sure how much. The last trip with my fifth wheel was behing my 99'. That trip my spare tire cable snapped and the spare flipped under the trailer and caused a violent thud. I visually checked the axles on my 5th and they "appeared" to be OK. However, before taking off last weekend I noticed that the right side rear tire on my 5th wheel was worn down on the outside...all the other tire were fine. When I got home Sunday I noticed that same tire is now showing steel.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Again, all other tires are fine so that tells me that my rear axle got damaged during the spare tire incident and is grossly out of alignment. There goes more money.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm thinking if it's that badly aligned it would have a negative impact on my milage when in tow.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Quad Patrol

Man, with the forum going down last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I fell behind in the BS, I mean information being dissiminated this morning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Toyo, that was pretty deep there. Sometimes, you scare me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Did you happen to get your batteries recharged last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Confused, Ok, you got me, the bluejays had 2 good years and went all the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]They did have a good team and Joe Carter could swing a mean bat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Skinner, Yea, I just read in the paper that the fallen CDF firefighter was a local. Sad, very sad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]We were riding up that way in June I think. Will have to go up there after the fire is put out. My sister in laws dad lives just outside Groveland. I'll have to check if his property was effected by the fire. My wife knows a couple people on the fire crew that is based out of Columbia at the airport. Very sad. That Tuolumne River Canyon area is nasty up there. They caught the arsonist in the Mariposa fire. He's confessed to starting it and faces 13 more fires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Well, I hope the fecning slows them down a bit. I hate thieves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Just4kicks, I was going to guess around 10 for your PSD and 13 for your dad's Duramax. Yours is still pretty new and as you tack on more mileage, your mpg will improve. But, I don't think you will see numbers like your old PSD. I've heard the 6.0 uses more fuel. Your dad's is broken in a little more, so, he should get a better mileage. I heard and from my experience, the PSD doesn't get optimal fuel mileage unitl 70,000-80,000 miles. Mine has 73,000 miles on it and I just got 22 mpg at 60 and 18 at 75mph. So, hang in there. And from the sounds of it, you weren't light on the rpms/power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have the Banks Big Hoss on my truck along with the transcommand and 4" stainless exhaust. Big jump in power and mileage. Thing breathes easier and has plenty of power in reserve[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]So, don't write it off yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]it should/will get better.
As far as warranty work, I don't sweat mine too much. Talk to your dealer and see what they say. You can always take the chip out or reprogram it back to stock, for warranty work. But here's a hint, don't take you truck in for oil changes or repairs with black soot on the truck around the exhaust[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]#1 clue you have a powerchip. But, so far, the only warranty work I've needed done on mine was the front brake calipers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]And that's from slowing this power beast down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

HOLY CRAP! MY SWEETHEART is outta the hospital. Well she is waitin for me to pick her up get her wet and ride her hard!!!

Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Quad Patrol

Toyo, Their is an ongoing debate about the powerchips not effecting the warranties. Some dealers don't have a problem with them and others do. Mine doesn't seem to mind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I like the Big Gun Tuner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wish they had it for my year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just turn the dial and the power is right there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I have the rest of the package[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]On the Big Hoss chip I have, I can send it in to have it reprogrammed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Right now, it's at 60 hp. Which is fine for what I do/need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
HOLY CRAP! MY SWEETHEART is outta the hospital. Well she is waitin for me to pick her up get her wet and ride her hard!!!
Ride her easy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so, you don't blow another gasket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Man, with the forum going down last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I fell behind in the BS, I mean information being dissiminated this morning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Toyo, that was pretty deep there. Sometimes, you scare me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Did you happen to get your batteries recharged last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No doubt. i wonder what was up with em goin down in the middle of the Sorriety chat session [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I mean frat chat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] as for recharged batteries. no they was dead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] still dead. Man im more whooped than a one legged cowboy in an *** kickin contest!

Old 09-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Ride her easy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so, you don't blow another gasket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Their aint no such thing as riding easy in my world. She breaths hard, Gets hot and screams loud! let me tell you she is quite a thrill at times. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
What about the extra stress on the tranny? My 99' was a tranny eater so I'm a little timid about messing with my new baby.

Something I forgot to mention that may have had an impact on my milage though I'm not sure how much. The last trip with my fifth wheel was behing my 99'. That trip my spare tire cable snapped and the spare flipped under the trailer and caused a violent thud. I visually checked the axles on my 5th and they "appeared" to be OK. However, before taking off last weekend I noticed that the right side rear tire on my 5th wheel was worn down on the outside...all the other tire were fine. When I got home Sunday I noticed that same tire is now showing steel.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Again, all other tires are fine so that tells me that my rear axle got damaged during the spare tire incident and is grossly out of alignment. There goes more money.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm thinking if it's that badly aligned it would have a negative impact on my milage when in tow.
If your worried about the trans, get teh Banks transcommand module. It reprograms the transmission. Uses more of the engine to slow down your load as you travel the roadway with your trailers. Check it out here.
Text

Not having your trailers track right would effect your mileage some[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]If you bent the axle, new one cost around $300 plus installation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]if you don't do it yourself. Friend just did a bent axle on his Wanderer. Cost him $800 to get it fixed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Quad Patrol

Their aint no such thing as riding easy in my world. She breaths hard, Gets hot and screams loud! let me tell you she is quite a thrill at times. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL, thank god for rev limiters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] or the thing would blow her engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel