Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 03:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
yep. Oh, BTW, where do I go for those shots for the drip?LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I forgot, it was whitewater's picnic, and his drip. C'mon guys, are you that naive?where do you think he's been the last while?. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LMAO, That explains it, no one ever goes on back to back trips to have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like you guys landed a gem on your land. I'm sure a lot of hard work will be involved, but, worth it in the end[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How a far off the beaten path is it? Since your not bragging, I take it you didn't win the new atv[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] With my luck, only 2 people would enter the drawing and the butterfly catcher would win it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I'll pm you on how to post pictures. Lt. Dan

Old 07-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Sounds like a cool deal confused.

US Forest Service just put out new proposed regulations nationwide for OHV use. I scanned to page 9 (of 65!) of the proposal. Seems to be close in line to what Sierra N.F. uses around here. I just wish they would let us ride on any non-paved road. Would make traveling around much easier. Gotta love those nice long rides. The ones where you get back and breathe a sigh that there is still fuel in the tank. (I did 65 miles with about 3/4 gallon left in the tank.) I'll have to read it further. Give me some reading material for downtime at Pismo this weekend.

And on that line, sorta, while occupying myself while using the facilities I came upon a short article in the Fresno Bee that Madera County is going to try and do an OHV park. One of the Supervisors (person on the Board of Supervisors...county elected body, ala Congresscritter) owns 2 ATVs. He said that Miami (where me and powerstroke01 ride a lot) is really busy (LMAO...I seen 15, maybe 20 people there on the 3rd) so they want to open a park in Madera. Something along the lines of 5-100 acres! Probably be some kind of tracks, which would be cool.

Let's put this in perspective. Most roads around here are 1/2 mile apart. This incloses an area of 160 acres, or one-quarter Section of the Township and Range System. So they are looking at a VERY SMALL riding area.

Miami has some 60 miles of trails.

Guestimate of acreage:

Township 6S, Range 21E, Mount Diablo Baseline & Meridian. Yes, I'm becoming a map geek...just ask power. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] One Township (north-south) and one Range (east-west) are 6 miles square (36 square miles).

All or part of Sections 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 22 & 23.

That's 11 sections at 640 acres each for 7,040 acres. Granted, you only have a dozen trails to ride on. Plus you can ride on any Level 2 road (vertical post marker).

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Pro Rider

yeh you like those maps.. lol

I still need to go to North Fork and pick up one of those maps..

Even though its pretty hard to get lost with a GPS..

Old 07-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we sold approx. 12,000 tickets at $2 each. we printed 25,000, and were licensed to sell up to 47,500 ( fat chance of that happening). 3 prizes, oh, yer gonna luv this after the way i was hacking on you and whitewater about polaris. we had 3 prizes.winner chooses what he wants between an '03 Polaris 330 trail boss 2wd, OR, an'03 Honda 350 ES (electric shift, beauty), also 2wd. 3rd prize was a Honda 1000W inverter/generator. pretty safe to say the inverter would stay 3rd prize. If you didn't specify, you won the Honda quad first. to me it was a no-brainer, I sold 130 tickets and never really explained the choice issue, just told everyone they'd get the Honda for 1st, and NOBODY complained. well, I guess a guy with no-brain won 1st, cuz he chose the Polaris!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I looked at the 2 machines at the raffle/BBQ/open house, and the honda just seemed so much nicer. But hey, you Polaris guys must be Marine-trained, cuz you'd run through a wall for one! Pretty loyal. If re-sale means anything, Honda would definitely be the one.

I'm gonna take some digitals of the campsite tomorrow, we have a clean-up crew going out. And guess what, I'll try to post them!

Okay, to answer your Q, it's 1-1.5 hours from my home (City). for guys living in the Valley, it's 30-45 minutes. ANd i kinda was bragging about the campsite, not to be arrogant or boastful, but just to make everyone mad enough to start their own orginization or group to lobby their elected officials to back off. And you can use us frozen canuckleheads as your example.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Pro Rider

Is Miami a riding area around you guys, or are we talking the state? Man, that'd be a long drive, so it must be an area.

powerstroke, what are ya doing driving that french stuff made up here in the great white north?Polaris is made in the US!!Bombardier also made our local LRT cars, and they also make jet engines. you probably know that. so how do you like the quad, and why was it outta commission?

Old 07-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Is Miami a riding area around you guys, or are we talking the state? Man, that'd be a long drive, so it must be an area. powerstroke, what are ya doing driving that french stuff made up here in the great white north?Polaris is made in the US!!Bombardier also made our local LRT cars, and they also make jet engines. you probably know that. so how do you like the quad, and why was it outta commission?
yeah Miami is my backyard.. Well almost.. Its about a 8 mile ride to get to it.. I dont even have to load the quad. Tho most of the time i do anyways...
Its a nice riding area with a lot of nasty trails.. Whenever a trail says for cycles only DONT take a big ute down it.. lol These fenders will never look the same..

I love this french stuff.. lol

Lets just say that the quad met a tree at 20-30 MPH... Ended up needing a new frame. Now its got alot of other problems..
Other than that, I LOVE THAT QUAD... Its got 1000miles in a lil over a year so im doing good..

Old 07-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Lets just say that the quad met a tree at 20-30 MPH...
I'd say it was more of a log... A tree would mean it was pretty much complete. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What else is wrong other than the weird noise/slack/whatever that is in the back end?

Getting lost: we had 2 GPS (ok, mine was about worthless) and maps...still went the wrong way!

Pismo for the weekend...shouldn't get any situations of temporary impairment of location identification.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01Lets just say that the quad met a tree at 20-30 MPH...
I'd say it was more of a log... A tree would mean it was pretty much complete. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]What else is wrong other than the weird noise/slack/whatever that is in the back end?Getting lost: we had 2 GPS (ok, mine was about worthless) and maps...still went the wrong way!Pismo for the weekend...shouldn't get any situations of temporary impairment of location identification.
Whatever the hell it was it hurt... lol
Eh The not being able to start in gear, the rear wheel is still bent, ALOT of vibration in the front end, steering is still off, some of the plastic is not connected.. Mostly just little stuff like that...

GPS is nice if you know how to use it.. lol Which i sometimes wonder if i do..

Old 07-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider

It hurt? Well...yah it sure looked like it hurt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

No start in gear is brake switch. Tell those idiots at Clawson to fix it. Or take it elsewhere and have then bill Clawson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Clawson doesn't sound French-Canadian! Call Bombardier in Montreal. "Bonjour, je m'appelle Marie. Qu'est que ce?" Boy, is my french horrible and rusty. Just tell them , "Tabernacle!" (Now that one i know is a good swear word). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

what happened to your SST surround spar technology?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just razzin' ya. I've heard those tree/log impacts are hard on equipment. steel rack instead of that plastic stuff may have helped tho.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel