Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Oh Yea, And stupid me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Family doesn't come back until tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Luckily, I didn't drive all the way to the airport to get them, otherwise, I'd of been pi$$ed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sixsixT
DANG this thread is long!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I posted a thread about getting a 2000 F-250 but it looks like everyone is on this thread.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]It's a 4x4 off road. Does anyone know what the off road package included? I can't find that option package listed anywhere to find out. On the F-150 I think it included skids, different shocks and limited slip rear end.
Welcome!! And this thread is THE place to be.. I dont post much in here but i read it twice a day.. lol

Old 08-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Any of you guys have the CPS go out yet? Ours hasnt, but from everything ive heard its pretty common.. Just hope it doesnt happen any time soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Make money like me? LMAO. You're kidding right? (Knows the boss don't hang out here so I'm ok.) It's the perks that make the pay bareable. Truck, company cabin....

WThell is a CPS? I don't think you have onboard Child Protection Services. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think CPS would be Crank Position Sensor.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sixsixT
I think CPS would be Crank Position Sensor.
Yup.. Or the Cam Position Sensor.. Ive heard it both ways..

Old 08-29-2004, 01:11 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Awwwww. I see now. These are a problem on some of the Daewoos. Actually waiting to see if mine is one of the ones recalled. Have to sacrafice a day of work to take the car all the way to Visalia from Clovis (45 miles or so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])

And I finally got the A/C to work correctly. Had some solder joints go bad that pinned to PCBs together. Oh, and let me tell you, love the tranny in that thing. Throw it in "1" and it will upshift for you at 5500-6000 RPM. Kinda like the way Porsche's Tiptronic won't let you overrev the motor in manual mode. She wants to run when you do that. And the 2-1 downshift engine breaking is even better than a PSD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was up above the speed limit before I knew it and I wasn't all the way into the gas.

Old 08-29-2004, 04:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Lj, haven't had a problem with it so far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If I do, I hope it's in the next 28,000 miles, because after that the warranty is up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and it's sure doesn't sound cheap to fix[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Skinner, you make the Daewoo sound like a cheaper version of a Porche[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]maybe next time I want a sportier car, I'll save some $$$ and buy a Daewoo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2004, 05:26 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Actually the newer version of my car is the Suzuki Forenza. GM (and some other asian carmakers) bought out Daewoo. GM then gave the shaft to Daewoo America who ended up going bankrupt. Daewoo in Korea going under was a WorldCom/Tyco type of thing. They are actually very nice cars. I'm sure GM will screw them up nicely. LOL. It's no PSD but for what I paid for it I'm pretty happy. Get many compliments.

It's not exactly a Porsche. More of a Honduh Civic. Running it in the "1" position causes it to drop from 5500 to about 4000-4500 RPM on each shift...right into the sweet spot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2004, 06:17 AM
Quad Patrol

I'll probably never get a sports car or a car that's a wanna-be sports car. Pretty much always had a truck or suv. When my oldest daughter starts driving next year. She'll get the wife's mountaineer and the wife will get whatever her heart desires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'd like to get a Lexus[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

When I was growing up, late teens, I always wanted a 1968 Camero[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Always liked them, but, never got one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] now, I like looking at the older muscle cars. But, would rather work on my truck or quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Did you go riding yesterday? If, so, was it hot like the valley[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Do you plan on going to Pismo in Oct. when they have the races? I'm thinking about going for the day. Will have to see how things play out.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel