Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I wouldn't call my car a sports car. It's like a Civic 4 dr. It's not the smallest of the compacts (sub-compact, that's the Lanos position.) But it's good for me. I get roughly 20/30 on the mileage. Gets better mileage going to Pismo if I can keep it up around 60 going through the turns...just no bottom end on that engine. That 2L 4-banger is one that likes to rev.

No riding this weekend. Next weekend is really iffy as well. One buddy wants me to go to Pismo. And my cousin just invited me to go up to Wishon...whever that's at. Somewhere up in the forest. If I go there it'll be a pure camping thing. Nobody else has any toys. We'll see. Might be nice to go camping and not worry about the quad.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

don't just hate it when you go camping without your wheeler and all you see are great trails all around you.
That drives me crazy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I wouldn't call your car a sports car either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just sounds kinda cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]the way your describing the shifting and comparing it to a Porsche at the same time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I guess, with my Truck and an SUV, I've forgotten what a sports car feels like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Yea, like Creator said, it would suck to go all the way up to a place for camping and then see trails that you could ride. But if, your the only one with a ride, it would kind of $uck to be by yourself, especially in unfamiliar land and no one around in case you need help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I thought about taking my quad to the Snake River when I went. Glad I didn't though, really no place to ride where we were at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And mine would of been, the only quad there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Skinner, I noticed they put a light up where your equipment is stored. I don't remember a light before, or maybe it hadn't been working. Anyhow, at about 8 tonight, everything looked fine as I drove by[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]MD

Old 08-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Good Morning Vietnam!!! Um...I mean...FBK

What a great weekend!!!! I went riding 3X and found a gnarly, rocky, steep, bad a$$ trail (3-hours of pure Nirvana). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It's been a great riding week...I've been out 5X and plan on going out again tonight. However, it's time to get an additional ATV. I'm thinking the sportsman 700 v-twin EFI is going to be my next purchase.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and I hauled my 4-wheelers with my Ford Crew Cab w/7.3 liter Diesel.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ...which by the way, is an awesome truck.

Hey Skinner...did ya get lucky over the weekend?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
don't just hate it when you go camping without your wheeler and all you see are great trails all around you.
That drives me crazy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Huh? I don't get it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Camping and no 4-wheeler? That's what I call insanity.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Rescue: depends. Was it on our trailer? (The big while one with our name on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) I know they have halogens mounted on the trailers. Maybe they finally turned them on.

Yeah, I like my car. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] With the A/C working good now (had some bad solder joints I fixed on Sat, new brakes and plugs yesterday she's jus purring. Only thing left to do is a new belt. It's got more cracks than a plumbing convention. I had forgotten exactly how cold that thing could get in 100 degree weather.

Hoss: Nope, didn't get lucky. And if I did I wouldn't tell ya. A gentleman never tells of his exploits...even if they happen on a quad trail before getting shot at. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Though I should find a chick next weekend to see exactly how cold that A/C gets. I'll see if I can get some glass from the local glass place. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Know of any cute, single, LEGAL Mormon chicks around Central Cal? They have that nice, sweet innocence about them, but little do their parents know of their freakish ways. LOL

And I'm still not sure what I'm doing this next weekend. If Little Joe gets his quad back maybe I'll go tear it up by his place. Or maybe go straight camping, or head down to Hungry Valley and ride with The Bald One (baldmike).

Old 08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Black&Red-
How's the riding at Hungry Valley? I haven't been up there in years. Are their many restrictions on equipment and riding areas?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Not any more restrictions than any other S.V.R.A. How closely they enforce stuff I don't know. I've only ridden there once, Memorial Weekend 2003. About 50% of the time there wasn't even anyone at the entrance station. That I've never seen any place else. And this was in the early afternoon on a Friday before a big weekend. They were selling firewood bundles which I thought was cool...when they actually had the station manned. You can try the CA thread in where to ride or find baldmike and ask him. He's a regular down there.

Old 08-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks so much. I usually ride in the dez but it's too hot now and we were thinking of riding up there for a change.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Skinner, I found a book for you.

Text

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel