Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

LMFAO!

Oh man I needed a laugh...I wonder if Border's carries it.....Yep, and CHEAPER!

All that info is 48 pages? Can't be very good.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Ya have to wonder who has purchased the book and whatever happened after reading and using it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider

If you searched around enough you could probably find it online bootlegged. LOL Well, I guess if it's not that insightful, I'd say probably not.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

give us an update after using all the valueable info inside[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You might turn into a major playa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...gasp....gasp..don't know if i can complete this reply as I'm digging the knife outta my back plunged in deeply by Hoss. I see you were havin fun bashing the poor lil' 'ol Canadian. Sorry our hockey team kicked some US butt last night ( no miracle on ice this year!!). Let's not talk about Canada's Olympic effort tho. Apparently, the US arranged to have our flight re-directed to Iraq (just to save our athletes the torture of competing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

I go away for a week and you guys start talkin' bout PSDs and fuel mileage!! Hello?! this is Jerry Springer chat, not informative and completely lacking any substance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm glad to see you eventually digressed to pickin' on Skinner and his sex-life. I believe page 1 of Hoss' recommended reading said, "Hey girly-man, get rid of the Dae-woo and get a phallic vehicle like the Hummer". (ooooo, that one has several interpretations!!). Personally, that book woulda carried a whole lot more credence if it had been written by someone like Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Clinton.

And Skinner, maybe a gent doesn't kiss and tell.... that's why I'm glad Hoss is such a pig and the rest of us can live vicariously thru him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

MD, I can't wait for my kids to learn to wrench their own toys.... but we don't have any polaris', so I may be waiting awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . As for the fishin' , a guy can only afford so many vices. but where we were this week, tons of great fishin lakes, many only accessable by atv. saw many Does, lots of bear excrement & moose tracks. tons of grouse along the trails. apparently the moose, elk and deer hunting is great in this area . Also cougar country (no Hoss, not the 40-50 y/o gas station diner waitresses you chase), these are the ferocious variety, but we never saw any.

skinner, as for the headcases: women marry hoping to change everything about the man. men marry hoping everything will stay the same, such as regular action. woman is looking for one man to satisfy her every want and need. man is looking for every woman to satisfy his ONLY want and need! right Hoss??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] BTW Hoss, I see you or Flanders somehow permanently scared away Miss Kitty.

so we pulled our trailer and toys up to Osprey lake. first time there and a bud told me it was good riding area. some big long hills to get there. Instead of being a dumba$$ leadfoot like i usually am, I downshifted a couple of big long hills into 2nd and pulled them at 40-45MPH, instead of flooring it and doing 50-55. what a huge difference on the tranny. you have some pull leftover instead of lugging it up the hill. kinda like trying to ride a hill in too high of a gear with your quad. sometimes ya gotta slow down just a wee bit and downshift to save the equipment. some hills were 9 percent grade, longer hills were 8 percent.

I weighed our unit when we got home..... 18,519 lbs (approx). 8400 KG and there's 2.2046 lbs per KG. I'm not even gonna chat mileage, cuz I'm sure mine sucked. but the good news is I could pull it all there with the Ford.

I took lots of pics and will post some. I'm a little scared cuz a few are of my 16 y/o daughter, and I don't want her to end up in a mormon harem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . you guys know who I'm talkin bout eh? yep, that skinner is such a womanizer!

great week tho. some super cool trails. total wilderness when you get out there tho. rode every day. could ride right from campsite. awesome camping spot, right on the lake, secluded, no one even close to us. rained or was grey and ugly most days, but that 's okay, maybe it kept the others away. lake was clean and swimmable, but cold on the cool days and great on the couple of sunny days we got. I see my verbal diarrhea has taken control, so I'll go now.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Crossroads
Best truck I ever owned. More headroom and legroom than any other crew cab. Great truck auto tranny could be better. The Chevy Duramx with the six speed Alison looks pretty sweet but lacks the interior room.

I have a number of friends who haul car trailers with pickups and they work those trucks hard. In the past 3 years three out of five bought Dodges. All three had problems (calipers locking up, burn out rear, toasted tranny) ended up trading in and buying Fords. The two that bought Fords ars still driving Fords.
I have several cousins born and raised on everything motorized. they're all loggers. either drive logging truck, grapple skidder, feller-buncher, loader, or work other equipment in the bush. all have snowmobiles and quads and dirtbikes. they all love Cummins engines. anyways, they talked their sister into getting new Dodge last year, with auto tranny. CRAP. BUT, they're so loyal to that Cummins power-plant, she just traded it in on a Cummins with a 6-speed standard. To me, it's still a Dodge truck once you get past that great engine. If she was trading it in, she shoulda looked at the Duramax w/Allison. I don't think they'd look at Ford cuz a couple of them had problems with the PSD trannies on earlier models (95-ish). She pulls a 28' Arctic Fox travel trailer, with no toys in the box, so I think that's a relatively light load.

Hoss, if yer stalkin', she also plays ice hockey and rides a Harley. I think she could hurt ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

MD, from the looks of the song lyrics Hoss quoted for the sing-along song, it's DEFINITELY Cmt.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Alright yall. Im leavin for a while. Im headin down to the NASCAR race at California Speedway. Got tickets for both Sat. and Sun.
Should be fun..

Oh and were pulling our travel trailer with the F250 Crew Cab w/7.3 PSD [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider

LMAO confused. In all seriousness, 16 is WAY too young. In California 16 will get you 20....even if she has fake ID and what not. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Yup, even if they lie to you, you still go to the Grey Bar Hotel.

Yeah, it is too bad Miss Kitty has left us. Though with school just starting she could be REALLY busy. I guess we could all make a card and I could roam through the parking lot at her school looking for her Jeep and leave it on her windshield.... J/K Miss Kity. I'll tape it to your bedroom window. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Back to the grindstone here at work...

Old 09-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Skinner, you crack me up.

She's too good for us.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Holy $hit Confused, how long did that novel take you to write?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Glad you had fun and yes, you make me LMAO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel