Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: nedflanders
CANADA WINS GOLD!! YAAAAY!! we beat Ruskies 5-0. Awesome game. I went to it!!

USA lost the bronze medal game to Finland 4-2 (USA was favored to win this tourney).

Canadians in general showed no class to the Americans, and there are lots of disgusted Cdns that are embarassed by the classless actions of some of their boorish fans. There's been lotsa news articles & letters to the Editor about it. The moronic individuals should be ashamed of themselves. I think I'll write a letter to the US Jr. hockey website to tell them that not ALL Cdns are as rotten as the ones they were "booed" by.
Congrads to Canada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well you know, not everyone loves us anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, they shouldn't take it out on people that have no say in what is going on in the world.
well said MD, especially 18-19 y/o kids that are out there giving it their all, and know or care nothing about politics. But I'd like to think Cdns weren't booing the country, they were booing what they feared as the toughest opponent, and favorite to win the tourney. So it's almost a compliment to their talent & abilities when you fear your opponent so much, you despise them .

we have no reason to be radically anti-USA. ya, we're PO'ed over a couple of Free-Trade issues like softwood lumber, but that's it. And it's sure not enuf to justify behaving that way. it really hit rock bottom when people cheered for Russia over USA in the semi-final game. I mean, Russia?? WTF!? We despise all eastern Euro teams, no matter who they're playing.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
You know, I have wondered if they can track the web sites that I visit during the day using this aircard. I would think that would be illegal unless they let me know beforehand.
Depends on how things are set up. I assume that you're using a VPN solution to get internal access to the network "back home" while you're on the road. Ideally, the VPN software will just redirect traffic bound for the internal network and send that over the VPN. All other traffic would flow out normally via the ISP. IIRC, aircards are just PC Card cellular modems.

Of course, you could be dialling with the aircard directly "back home" to the office and going through their proxies, etc.

Without knowing EXACTLY how it's set up, could give you a definitive answer. Though if the laptop is theirs, then they can monitor anything and everything that goes on with it. Usually, somewhere in your employee handbook there's a thing about monitoring computer usage. That should always be in there. So I would suggest staying off of any **** sites, warez sites, etc.

It also depends on the admins/techs. Some couldn't really give a rats @ss. I know I don't. We don't monitor, filter, etc. anything here. Well, incoming email is filtered at the ISP. Usually they only care if it's causing problems. Like HUGE bandwidth charges cause some a-hole installs KAZZAA on a computer and rapes the network. Then there are some that are absolutely draconian. Though if that was the case, you'd probably already have even more time to golf. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I couldn't work for a company like that.

One of my Linux group members just went to work for a very large AutoCAD reseller here and was having a hard time adjusting to a Windows only shop where Linux is thought of as junk. They don't want it anywhere around there. Considering they are a MS Solutions Provider and who knows what else I'm not suprised. Told them I should have got the install pack with our plotter and MADE them install it on the Linux server. LOL.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: Trasher
You know, I have wondered if they can track the web sites that I visit during the day using this aircard. I would think that would be illegal unless they let me know beforehand.
Depends on how things are set up. I assume that you're using a VPN solution to get internal access to the network "back home" while you're on the road. Ideally, the VPN software will just redirect traffic bound for the internal network and send that over the VPN. All other traffic would flow out normally via the ISP. IIRC, aircards are just PC Card cellular modems.

Of course, you could be dialling with the aircard directly "back home" to the office and going through their proxies, etc.

Without knowing EXACTLY how it's set up, could give you a definitive answer. Though if the laptop is theirs, then they can monitor anything and everything that goes on with it. Usually, somewhere in your employee handbook there's a thing about monitoring computer usage. That should always be in there. So I would suggest staying off of any **** sites, warez sites, etc.

It also depends on the admins/techs. Some couldn't really give a rats @ss. I know I don't. We don't monitor, filter, etc. anything here. Well, incoming email is filtered at the ISP. Usually they only care if it's causing problems. Like HUGE bandwidth charges cause some a-hole installs KAZZAA on a computer and rapes the network. Then there are some that are absolutely draconian. Though if that was the case, you'd probably already have even more time to golf. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I couldn't work for a company like that.

One of my Linux group members just went to work for a very large AutoCAD reseller here and was having a hard time adjusting to a Windows only shop where Linux is thought of as junk. They don't want it anywhere around there. Considering they are a MS Solutions Provider and who knows what else I'm not suprised. Told them I should have got the install pack with our plotter and MADE them install it on the Linux server. LOL.

The work email goes through a VPN connection and I know it's filtered and monitored. I was wondering about the internet useage while using the aircard on the road. Can they track that?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I was sent the aircard and they will be getting the bill so I will never see what type of breakdown it has. I don't think there is any way to do this but I was just curious.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Morning Gents, and the occasional lady (ned).

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my company cuts me off from this site. They send out threats against email and internet abuse all the time.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my company cuts me off from this site. They send out threats against email and internet abuse all the time.

that's the beauty of being self-employed! hey, wait a sec! NO it's not! I don't get paid by anyone when i waste time like this, but you guys do!

and Hoss, if X-dressing makes me a woman, then I'm guilty as charged.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO! You look good in a dress, too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] However, your freakiness has scared all the girlies off (DQ, mudn chicks...).

Yeah, screwing off on someone else's time is my favorite hobby.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

You know. This time wasting thing is something I think about all the time. Am I wasting time when I stop work at 3 to play golf for a couple hours but put much more than that after hours in the same day? I am working about 6:30 am until late at night almost every day plus time on weekends so if I jack around now and then it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I have been trying to turn off the pc on weekends (for work and personal email- not this forum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and it's been pretty nice. I truly feel that the company is getting their moneys worth from me.

Been wanting to find a job with less travel. maybe now is that time.......

Old 01-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater

that's the beauty of being self-employed! hey, wait a sec! NO it's not! I don't get paid by anyone when i waste time like this, but you guys do!

and Hoss, if X-dressing makes me a woman, then I'm guilty as charged.

Being on this forum a waste of time??? I think not[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've been working since 6am to until at least 5 this week. And I haven't even been screwing off like I used to. We are getting buried here. Got a job on Friday that's gotta rip. They started getting reqiupment in, and we need to do electrical plans so they can get their foundation permit. They've gotta rip up the floor in an existing building to build some concrete stem walls.

The thing is, this place used to be a company that grew really fast, then went belly up. They did a lot of work that OBVIOUSLY couldn't have been under permit. There's 3 panels with the same name, and that's done twice, 4 more share two names. And there's all kinds of mistakes. Like 3 circuits feeding one receptacle. The receptacles are 480V 3phase at that. OMG this is a mess. Next week I think I'm just going to work at that jobsite for at least a couple days. Boss things one afternoon. LOL. Funny. And my @ss isn't going up in a scissor lift. There's a buss duct that's rated for 1600Amps. There's currently about 2800Amps connected to it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And we're going to be adding about 600Amps to the duct.

Time to get creative since they won't be using those receptacles (used to be used for welders, it was a fab shop). Just gotta love non-permitted work. 3 panels don't even have panel schedules, but the panels are full of breakers.

There's a very technical name for this: Cluster Fsck.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Quad Patrol

well said MD, especially 18-19 y/o kids that are out there giving it their all, and know or care nothing about politics. But I'd like to think Cdns weren't booing the country, they were booing what they feared as the toughest opponent, and favorite to win the tourney. So it's almost a compliment to their talent & abilities when you fear your opponent so much, you despise them .
I caught part of that USA/Finland game on Fox Sport Network last night, what the heck, we were winning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I didn't see you in the stands[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel