Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Airsoft guns shoot a small plastic BB. MOST run a 6mm .12-.35 gram BB. The standard is a 6mm .20g that is the standard round to determine muzzle velocity. Most fields cap muzzle velocity at 400ft/sec from an AEG (Automatic Electric Gun). Minimum engagement is usually 25' with an AEG. Some have sniper rules which allow for 500fps within min. engagement of 50' or so. 500fps at close ranges can pierce the skin. Most stock AEGs will shoot +/- 300fps. We have an HK G36C (Classic Army C36C) that shoots in the neighborhood of 305fps. And a M4 (Tokyo Mouri M4) that shoots a consistent 295fps.

AEGs: Mouri Carbine & Classic Army CA 36C

AEGs have a motor and run from a battery pack. Basically the same packs used in radio controlled cars.

We also have a couple of pistols that use "Green Gas" (supposedly propane...which it does smell like). Pistols are usually allowed up to 10ft engagement and when you're in buildings fighting. Though once a building is cleared of opposing forces you can shoot OUT of the building with an AEG. You can also shoot IN to a building if you're more than 25' with an AEG.

I have the KWA M9 (ver. 2). Bro has the KWA G19.

And no, I don't shoot froom the quad. I believe that would be a misdemeanor. It's kind of a "fringe" thing anyways. Lots of people remove the orange tips and these things look EXACTLY like the real thing. Even down to the logos. The M4 is even marked with COlt logos, but they are/were covered up so they can be brought into the US. Classic Army does have a license from Armalite to import with the Armalite logos, and even serial numbers. The logo on the mag well on the M4 is still covered up. They just use this thick plastic stuff to cover the logos. I think the logo under it is a US Marine logo, at least from the box.

Some PDs, Sheriff's, etc. are starting to use them in training. Depending on range, they just sting a little. I got hit in the neck, but it was a decent range so it didn't leave a mark. But I've seen skin breaks at close range. In training if an officer was wearing kevlar, they probably wouldn't even feel it. Nearly all of the guns are very close replicas. So it's something that the officers are used to handling. The G19 my bro has, even has a small slot in the trigger for the Glock's trigger safety. It just isn't there.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I'll leave the snide remarks to Hoss about not being at your job anymore. So why are you leaving? Too much school work? About ready to kill coworkers?

Old 10-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider

We are planning on going to Ft. Ord next month. Those guys put on a nice event. They don't have anything up yet for Nov. Was going to go this month but everyone flaked we were going to go with. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Miss Kitty is Leaving? Who am I supposed to her-*** now? I guess I'll have to get Girlygirl.

You better stop in from time to time (daily). Oh, and update those pics, too. We want skin.

Good Luck!

Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Skinner,

Sounds like you are an air soft geek, too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hey, at least you are out of your mother's basement, breaking a sweat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I geek out on everything I do. Nothing half-@ssed. LOL

Of course the other guys I play with...I don't know. We play for like 15 minutes and 'rest' for like an hour. It's like damn guys. Get a drink and get your @ss back out there. It's like a 30 minute drive for me up there. If I'm gonna spend time and money, make it worth my while.

Some of the are spray and pray. They throw it on auto and pull the drigger until they have to wind their mag. High-caps can run from like 300 to 600 rounds. There's a little winder on the bottom you wind to get the rounds into the receiver. Or you can run standard mags as well that just have a regular spring and don't wind. One company makes 30 round mags for those who do mil-sim. 10 mags cost about $50. I've thought about buying a box. I'm not a sprayer. I might should 100 rounds in an afternoon if I go nuts.

I'm more into hiding, crawling around, etc. Then you find em, wait for them to get in range (no sense in shooting unless you can hit them, unless you are trying to pin them in somewhere) then fire off a few singles.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher I still think your first one is better looking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Gotta agree with you there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Any plans for the weekend?

Gotta get the quads ready for Hollister. Need to swap out sand tires, do an oil and coolant change on one of the quads.

Though I'm tired of playing the same stretch of empty river bottom that we always play. Usually just 2-3 guys on each side. Never work on team tactics, etc.
Sure it would, however, everyone needs to be disciplined though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: dancingqueen You guys better miss me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL...
Typical woman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] telling is what we NEED to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am sure you will be missed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You are the only one that brings any "class" to this thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I geek out on everything I do. Nothing half-@ssed. LOL

Remember in the 80's, calling someone a "geek" was an insult[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I'm more into hiding, crawling around, etc. Then you find em, wait for them to get in range (no sense in shooting unless you can hit them, unless you are trying to pin them in somewhere) then fire off a few singles.
Now your talking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Old tactics I used to be good at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now if I lay down, I might fall asleep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel