Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Different coolents ARE preventing/slowing this problem BUT, with the quads coming straight from suzuki with regular coolent..... What do we do? Some/most are already corroded from the dealer!!!
Ive never added coolent to mine or changed it so if there is corrosion its their fault.

Annnnnddddd im SURE mines corroded since i can SEE black chunks floating in the bottom of my coolent resevior.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] A bad sign from what ive heard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Man that sucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
wtf nevermind. That doesnt make sence. That stuff im seein in the resevior isnt from the corrosion. Since no coolant flows back into the thing does it? hmm. Maybe thats just dirt.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Different coolents ARE preventing/slowing this problem BUT, with the quads coming straight from suzuki with regular coolent..... What do we do? Some/most are already corroded from the dealer!!!
Ive never added coolent to mine or changed it so if there is corrosion its their fault.

Annnnnddddd im SURE mines corroded since i can SEE black chunks floating in the bottom of my coolent resevior.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] A bad sign from what ive heard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Man that sucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
wtf nevermind. That doesnt make sence. That stuff im seein in the resevior isnt from the corrosion. Since no coolant flows back into the thing does it? hmm. Maybe thats just dirt.
You might want to try a ground strap from the engine to the frame and make sure that the connection is metal to metal. The paint won't let it make the best connection. Also, check the radiator cap to see if it's bad. I have seen this before many times in cars. Used to see them go through freeze plugs and gaskets and then we started to put ground straps on them and it sloved the problems. Just a thought....

Old 12-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Coolant should be flowing in and out of the reservoir when the bike heats and cools. Gets a little warm, coolant to the res. to reduce pressure. Then the coolant cools (or rather motor) resulting in a vacuum which will pull the coolant back over to the motor. If there's anything in the res. that means either you have a leak, or there's something putting cr@p into the coolant. Given what I read, it's the corrosion because of the magnesium cover.

Having 2 different metals together is BAD. They corrode. Used to be you had to be careful buying RAM for computers. Some chips used silver/tin/whatever, and others used gold for the contacts. Same with motherboards. So you had to match the RAM to the MB.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Coolant should be flowing in and out of the reservoir when the bike heats and cools. Gets a little warm, coolant to the res. to reduce pressure. Then the coolant cools (or rather motor) resulting in a vacuum which will pull the coolant back over to the motor. If there's anything in the res. that means either you have a leak, or there's something putting cr@p into the coolant. Given what I read, it's the corrosion because of the magnesium cover.

Having 2 different metals together is BAD. They corrode. Used to be you had to be careful buying RAM for computers. Some chips used silver/tin/whatever, and others used gold for the contacts. Same with motherboards. So you had to match the RAM to the MB.
OK. So thats what it is most likely. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Its hard to see but when i move the bike i can see this stuff moving around. Looks to be a pretty thick layer with some small peices.
Here i go thinking i bought a quad with NO problems... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider

OK. So thats what it is most likely. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Its hard to see but when i move the bike i can see this stuff moving around. Looks to be a pretty thick layer with some small peices.
Here i go thinking i bought a quad with NO problems... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Warrior/Rap 350 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They are a tank; built like 'em, slow as 'em, handle like 'em, and as tough as 'em.

Or maybe a 400ex.

Old 12-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Quad Patrol

That's to bad about the corrosion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I hope it gets fixed. I would love to own a '05 someday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] don't want to buy a used one that's screwed up. But, like all things NEW something is bound to go wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] to bad it's been '05-'06 model years. What Creator says make perfect sense[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hopefully it works for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Quad Patrol

Hope everyone had a Great Christmas Day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ours started out very nice, my youngest daughter freaked me out, she woke me up with her face 6 inches from mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] talk about being shocked as heck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] She got me good. We kept things simple this year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No going into debt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to have the kids break or thrown things away, in a month or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Good to hear that MD. I kept things under control for once as well. Still need to pick something up for my brother tomorrow. I even paid a couple of bills with my bonus. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Great to hear that you guys had a good Christmas.
As for me i went out and got some things done on the jeep and cooked a steak. That was about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Great to hear that you guys had a good Christmas.
As for me i went out and got some things done on the jeep and cooked a steak. That was about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
lol.

Dinner here was:

New York Steak
Baked Tater
corn
green beans
rolls

Stuffed!
There's just something magical that happens with Pappy's and Mosquite Charcoal.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel