Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I'm sure I'll be here. Nothing else to do. Just heading to my cousin's place on Sunday morning. Maybe up to Miami on Monday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I'm sure I'll be here. Nothing else to do. Just heading to my cousin's place on Sunday morning. Maybe up to Miami on Monday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
YOU CANT RESIST!!!!!!!!!!

Miami is the last ride for my quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Ive gotta send it to the dealer to have them look into the corrosion problem i heard about. And NO not Clawson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Miami is the last ride for my quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Ive gotta send it to the dealer to have them look into the corrosion problem i heard about. And NO not Clawson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Getting some rust? Mine has a little where I've done some sliding...

I'd like to get the frame powdercoated, but need to figure out how to deal with VIN issues when you do it.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Getting some rust? Mine has a little where I've done some sliding...

I'd like to get the frame powdercoated, but need to figure out how to deal with VIN issues when you do it.
No this is much worse than rust. This could cause the motor to go by-by... Or at least fill the oil with coolant..
The thread is over in the Zuki section under Z400 corrosion. This IS a problem with ALL 05-06 Z400s.. With no fix available.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Royalty Rider

Just wanted to say "HI"

2 times this week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Its a start [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Air Cooled Rider

No this is much worse than rust. This could cause the motor to go by-by... Or at least fill the oil with coolant..
The thread is over in the Zuki section under Z400 corrosion. This IS a problem with ALL 05-06 Z400s.. With no fix available.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
OUCH. I found that thread. Bad, bad, bad.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Yup. Ive been looking and havent found anyone that hasnt found any corrosion. Even brand new bikes are corroded. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Suzuki isnt even saying there is a problem.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yup. Ive been looking and havent found anyone that hasnt found any corrosion. Even brand new bikes are corroded. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I am a diesel mechanic. We have to put a coolant additive in all antifreeze to prevent corrocion and Cavitation. In a diesel engine the combustion gasses mixed with the antifreeze turn into a sorta acid, so the additive prevents this. Someone needs to do a test with one of these new quads and a NAPA coolant additive and see if it fixes the prob, a bottle is only a couple bucks, and for a quad 1 bottle should be good for the life of the engine! It's a thought!

Old 12-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
I am a diesel mechanic. We have to put a coolant additive in all antifreeze to prevent corrocion and Cavitation. In a diesel engine the combustion gasses mixed with the antifreeze turn into a sorta acid, so the additive prevents this. Someone needs to do a test with one of these new quads and a NAPA coolant additive and see if it fixes the prob, a bottle is only a couple bucks, and for a quad 1 bottle should be good for the life of the engine! It's a thought!
Different coolents ARE preventing/slowing this problem BUT, with the quads coming straight from suzuki with regular coolent..... What do we do? Some/most are already corroded from the dealer!!!
Ive never added coolent to mine or changed it so if there is corrosion its their fault.

Annnnnddddd im SURE mines corroded since i can SEE black chunks floating in the bottom of my coolent resevior.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] A bad sign from what ive heard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 03:23 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Different coolents ARE preventing/slowing this problem BUT, with the quads coming straight from suzuki with regular coolent..... What do we do? Some/most are already corroded from the dealer!!!
Ive never added coolent to mine or changed it so if there is corrosion its their fault.

Annnnnddddd im SURE mines corroded since i can SEE black chunks floating in the bottom of my coolent resevior.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] A bad sign from what ive heard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Man that sucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel