Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

DQ, RU talkin air or electric impact? snap-on outsources a lot of their electric stuff from china and just puts their good name on it. If it's air tool, Ingersoll Rand and Chicago Pneumatic are 2 great brands.

a good friend repairs tools. he says the Makita 9.6V is probably the best cordless drill cuz it's metal gears. ALmost all the others use plastic gears which strip and don't last long. I have 2 Milwaukee 12V drills that I just tossed cuz the new Batteries are WAY too much $$. And the drills were never that good either. the 9.6 lacks big power, but fabulous for smaller jobs.I have 2 of the 9.6. IMHO, there's no substitute for electric drill vs. cordless. the bigger Voltage stuff is heavy.

Rigid makes the best plumbing tools, but their power tools from Home Depot are just their name slapped on off-shore stuff. ALtho it may be half decent off-shore ( not all off-shore products are total crapp).

Old 12-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Since were on the subject of tools.... I bought DaBeech a Dewalt impact wrench for Xmas, but I think were going to exchange it for the Snap-on one.

Glad to hear everyone had a very merry christmas!! I finally get my GEARS Powerstroker!! Haha 4.10's baybee!! Now I can hit some trails finally [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now theres a woman who knows what a man wants[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] TOOLS you perverts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glad you had a very Merry Christmas DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Tell DaBeech I said hi and we'll catch up (hopefully) next time I'm at Pismo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You ride safe this coming weekend.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
DQ, RU talkin air or electric impact? snap-on outsources a lot of their electric stuff from china and just puts their good name on it. If it's air tool, Ingersoll Rand and Chicago Pneumatic are 2 great brands.

a good friend repairs tools. he says the Makita 9.6V is probably the best cordless drill cuz it's metal gears. ALmost all the others use plastic gears which strip and don't last long. I have 2 Milwaukee 12V drills that I just tossed cuz the new Batteries are WAY too much $$. And the drills were never that good either. the 9.6 lacks big power, but fabulous for smaller jobs.I have 2 of the 9.6. IMHO, there's no substitute for electric drill vs. cordless. the bigger Voltage stuff is heavy.

Rigid makes the best plumbing tools, but their power tools from Home Depot are just their name slapped on off-shore stuff. ALtho it may be half decent off-shore ( not all off-shore products are total crapp).
I loved my 9.6 with the ability to take a 12v battery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] IIRC. Except, the batteries were to expensive also. SO, I went with the Milwaukee. I agree on the Ingersol and Chicago brands[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyone remember who it was that made cordless tools that also was able to plug into the wall? Now there is a concept I can buy into[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Battery goes dead, recharge it and still be able to do your work.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Kids are looking forward to getting muddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Off to ride with the kids at Carnegie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wife is still sick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'll chat later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: nedflanders

We rarely had to take the 9.6V Makitas in for repair. Usually if they broke, they REALLY broke. Most have grown legs and we've stopped replacing them. The guys complained that they just ate up batteries trying to drill through stuff. Being we do a lot of commercial & industrial work, we don't see a lot of wood. Mostly steel. And the steel they make enclosures out of is some tough ****. These were the old style 9.6V that had the long stick style batteries.

I know what you're talking about on the cost of the Milwaukee batts. I'm usually the one to go pick up stuff like that. Figure $70-100 for an 18V.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Since were on the subject of tools.... I bought DaBeech a Dewalt impact wrench for Xmas, but I think were going to exchange it for the Snap-on one.

Glad to hear everyone had a very merry christmas!! I finally get my GEARS Powerstroker!! Haha 4.10's baybee!! Now I can hit some trails finally [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Cool deal. Hope you had a merry christmas.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Royalty Rider

It was a cordless one, lol... Ill have to tell him about Snap-on (the holy to him), lol. Thanks for the heads up, I know nothing about them, just heard him say Dewalt should be decent. So....eh...

Old 12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Air Cooled Rider

It was a cordless one, lol...
My mind is sooo in the gutter...

Old 12-28-2005, 02:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
It was a cordless one, lol...
My mind is sooo in the gutter...
LOL!

Old 12-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

These were the old style 9.6V that had the long stick style batteries.
Yep, that's what mine was, the 12v one was elongated too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but, had a wider base[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] that went half way up the stick.

I know what you're talking about on the cost of the Milwaukee batts. I'm usually the one to go pick up stuff like that. Figure $70-100 for an 18V.
I paid $69 at home depot for an extra battery (that is now dead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) they originally wanted $80[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] told them Lowes had it for $69, so they matched the price. Might have to compare the two places again.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel