Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

I'll definently have to check that out

Old 01-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

well folks, Kraw's Raptor got stolen last night. they almost got away with his Grizzly too, but it was found abandoned down the street. musta got tired of pushing it. Anywayz, everything was chained and locked and fenced and they cut everything.

Blue 2003 Raptor with white "660R inside" stickers (they look like the "intel inside" logo on a computer case) and a polished Yoshimura pipe.
It was stolen from my house on Minden Ave in Kenner the morning of the 25th by some low life scums (possibly in a mid 90's white Chevrolet with pipes)

Old 01-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

I swear to GOD I will personaly shoot somebody with my 45cal. point blank to the head if caught even thinking about stealing my atv.Damn theafs...
Sorry to hear that Kraw.Hope you get them.

Old 01-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man that $ucks to hear. Hopefully they will find the guys in the next couple of days. Tell Kraw to keep an eye out in the autotraders and thrifty nickels, they always try to sell them. I will keep an eye out around hear. Does he have any pics or details of his quad?

Old 01-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

we had a ring of quad thieves around here last year.. Kraw, my condolences.. they got a 400ex and a Suzuki 50 ( that one was brand new) from me in 02 and 03. I eventually ( a year later) got the 50 back, but the 400 was chopped for parts, (I had a good, stock engine, and they had burned theirs up).

I will tell you this. I have been a cop for 13+ years. The likelyhood is that they live within 5 miles of you. They will probably sell that 5500 dollar used raptor for 500 bucks or less, and figure that the idiot who bought it deserves to lose it if the cops check it.

I was pissed at one of the regular posters to this forum because he was "upset that the cops took his four wheeler" when he purchased it for 2 grand less than it was worth WITH NO TITLE. In Lousiana, as in most states, ATVS are MOTOR VEHICLES, even the 50s, and you need to get a clear title when you buy one.

Kraw, all I can say is I will post a description of your quad in all of our substations here in Baton Rouge, and you need to post the VIN here too. If you really want to catch these bastards, email Barney, all of the Trailblazers and the Kistachie ranger stations a description and the VIN. You can count on the unsuspecting new purchaser of your quad to show up at one of these places.

Shane

Old 01-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

yep, some lowlife scums stole my Raptor this morning. Cut my fence, pushed it out through the neighbors yard.

I found out when I was driving in from work at 0600. There were about 5 cops on the street, and my Grizzly was in the middle of the road. I guess the pukes got tired of pushing that big ol Grizzly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

No ins, renter ins prob won't cover it, doubt Yamaha Credit will do anything except make me pay it

I hate thieves [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

anyways, I have this flyer I made www.krawdaddy.net/atv/raptor.doc I need to add the vin# to it I guess. Don't expect anything. I've dealt with loses before, but never to the tune of 5k. At least it was just a toy and not the Jeep or Mustang. Glad they didn't break into the house too. I hope, for their sake, that these scum aren't found. Word is out to all the club members. There is only one riding area here, so I'm sure we'll be looking

any other tips? Going to call the dealers and have them look for people wanting a key with my vin. That's all I can really think to do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

All I have holding my atv down is a chain and a black cover [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].I wish I could tac weld it to something heh.I'm so parinoid somebody is scoping out my atv since it sits under a porch up on a hill on a busy road.My next project is to build a inclosed garage onto my house to keep my lawn mower atv and jet ski out of sight.

Old 01-26-2004, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KFXCarnage
All I have holding my atv down is a chain and a black cover [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].I wish I could tac weld it to something heh.I'm so parinoid somebody is scoping out my atv since it sits under a porch up on a hill on a busy road.My next project is to build a inclosed garage onto my house to keep my lawn mower atv and jet ski out of sight.
when I lived in Swartz (Music Rd) I didn't even lock up my Wolverine. Just parked it in the back by the door. Never thought twice about it.

I move down to this shthole part of the state, get worried. So, I would keep my bike at my parents over in Vernon Parish. Before I joined the Trailblazers, I never rode it here anyways. Well, I live on a dead end street, realy quiet neighborhood. It amazes me that anyone knew I had them!

We are in the process of buying the house we are renting now, and as soon as we do, we are going ot build a storage building. I would suggest getting one of those big U bolt locks from Home Depot and running it through your sprocket and around your axle. I usually did that, but got lax on it. Hell, the weekend prior, I didn't even lock them up. That's how "secure" I felt (noticed the past tense) on this street. Hell, I still feel ok living here, just need to lock up better I guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I live right by the airport where I work, so I will do a few drive by's down the street tonight in a few minutes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

Ive figured a way to lock a quad down and while no locking system is thief PROOF, this one is pretty close.. It forces them to bring a cutting torch.
It really is not that much trouble to install either.. there are two ways, one if you park your bikes on a concrete slab, and the second is if you park them on dirt.

If you park them on Concrete, hammer drill and install a large bolt/eyering assembly. I mean large. Like 8" long, and have the shank at least 1/2" thick. Use a lead concrete shield or lag assembly to put the bolt in.

The dirt method is to use a small mobile home anchor as your eyebolt... make sure the ring is closed at the top..

Put either of these directly under where the front end of your quad will be positioned.

Use a large U-Bolt Kryptonite lock to secure your front frame or a-arms to the ground mounted eyebolt.

I have found through talking to several of these little bastards after we have arrested them, that they will only go after things that they can get fairly quickly and quietly. The first bike they got from me was on a 30' kryptonite cable.. cut it with sheetmetal shears if you can believe that. The second bike was on ANOTHER 30' kryptonite cable AND a chain. They cut both with a set of walmart bolt cutters.

I ultimately enclosed the area with a wall and garage door and pointed TWO motion detectors at the bikes wired to my house alarm. The first one is in plain view, the second is hidden. THEN they have to get the door open that is also alarmed. I now use U-Bolt Kryptonites to lock all my four wheelers either to each other or my 1000 pound mower's frame. Stupid to have to go to these lengths, huh?

Kraw, email Paul Williams at RedCreek Offroad also with a description and VIN. He and his dad are real cool and will keep an eye out for ya. That and the spillway will probably be one of the two places that your bike will be spotted first..

Kraw, I dont know if this is even the time to bring this up, because I know better than anybody how it feels to be ripped off... but everybody here should be told this....

YOUR HOMEOWNERS INS DOES NOT COVER YOUR QUADS. YOU MUST GO TO YOUR INS AGENT AND PURCHASE A VEHICLE POLICY. THEY MUST HAVE A CURRENT PHOTO OF THE BIKE. THEY PREFER TO TAKE THE PICTURES THEMSELVES. SO LOAD YOUR BIKES UP AND DRIVE TO THE AGENT. MAKE THEM GIVE YOU A RECIEPT FOR THE FEW (LESS THAN 100 DOLLARS PER YEAR) IT TAKES TO INSURE YOUR BIKE.

Remember, the only thing worse than a thief is an Insurance Agent, they love to take your money, and NEVER tell you all the stuff that is not covered. MY agent told me that while my 5000 dollar 400ex was not covered, he said the 8000 dollar mower that IT WAS LOCKED to, would have been covered if they had taken that... stupid, huh?

Kraw, one more suggestion. If you have NOT talked to your agent yet.. when you do, tell him that you used the bike to maintain your yard. (like drag branches up, etc.) They have to cover it if it is used for any home maintenence.

Also, and the cheapest insurance of all, if you go to EBAY and search for "driveway alarm" there is a WIRELESS device that works like a motion detector in your house. You can mount it pointed at your bikes and it sets off an alarm in your bedroom or whereever you have the reciever. If you are gone for the night, you can easily drop the reciever off at your neighbors.. I got mine for 14.95 plus shipping.

Kraw, THEY WILL COME BACK FOR THE GRIZZLY. If not the same guys, you can believe they will tell their buddies about the bike that they didnt get away with. Either make it steal proof, or move it. It might be 3-9 months, but they will at least come back and see if it is takeable.

I ultimately caught the guys that stole my 400ex, because I put a camera attached to a time lapse recorder on my bikes.. I was that pissed. When I caught them on tape, I drove down to the Tv Stations here in Baton Rouge, and had them put on TV. They saw themselves and cut my 400ex into little bitty pieces and burned the red plastic. Ground all of the numbers off, and sold the motor. Nice, huh? Well, I am suing all three involved to get the money back that I lost in my dealings with the insurance company. (They paid me 2450.00, less 500 dollar deductible for a MINT 1999 400ex because that is what the book value was.)

Well, this one is long enough and I have to go shave for work.. later guys..
Shane

Old 01-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

I hate this sh!thole state. My insurance rates TRIPLED when i moved here. Why? cause yuor last three insurance commisioners are in jail for insurance fraud!!

Anywayz, I did a little snooping last night on the internet for ATV insurance. Progressive wants 500 bux a year for JUST comprehensive and liability. add collision and its 600 a year.. WTF! I used to pay that on my CARS back home.

As for the thieves chopping the bike, thats my fear about calling them out BEFORE the bike is recovered. I'd rather find the scum, find the bike, rip their garage clean off its foundation with my powerstroke, recover the bike, and THEN out the crooks on TV. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I need to call my renters insurance andd see if I can get them to add a rider that covers my racecar trailer and the two quads inside. I have an advantage. My bikes cant be seen, but if the trailer were to get stolen, im out 15 grand!

I agree that they will be back. In my youth, we would hit a place 3 or 4 times. Most people SAY they are going to do something, but they dont. The shock wears off and they get back into the "it wont happen again" mindset and we nail em again. Our favorite target finally got an alarm wired to their phone box and we never went back. Soon as we heard that alarm go off we bailed!!!

I ould add a motion light back there for one. But a shed would for sure be better, cause then you could add a door trigger that would trip a LOUD outdoor alarm!

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!