Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

there is a *brand spankun new* cabin at red creek offroad. It is AWESOME. Go look at their website. My brother in law decided yesterday to go ride there, but I wasnt ready to give up some overtime and only have the cabin for one night. He said the guy was coming down on the price of the cabin a little, from 165 per night, to 120. It sleeps 10 and you cannot believe how nice it is... go to www.redcreekoffroad.com and check out the pics of the cabin. But see what will happen, is we will reserve the cabin and make plans to go there and THEN Claiborne and Ft. Polk will reopen. There are some nice trails at red creek, but you will enjoy them alot more from the back of a utility 4x4 atv than a sport bike. I did ok on the vforce, but it has more ground clearance than sport bikes with chain and sprockets.

I did cut one tire there.. alot roots, and downed trees and branches because so many of the trails are brand new.

Anyway, Gene, Im gonna go try to get a few hours sleep, I havent slept since thursday morning, and I am 50/50 on going tommorrow because junior has baseball practice tommorrow. If I can get my wife to agree to bring him, Im going with yall, I still believe that river is gonna be flooded. But anyway it would be a nice drive in the AM if nothing else.. Ill let you know what the deal is when I wake up. .

Shane

Old 02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Range Rover

Well I went riding agian at the MS dunes this weekend and had a blast. I ended up meeting a guy that lives around there and said that the area that we were told we couldn't ride on, to the left side of the parking area, was rideable. He said that him and a friend talked to the owner and he said he owned all of it out there and that we could ride on it, but without official permission b/c of insurance purposes. I think he just wants us to stay away from any equipment that might be out there. The other side has an area that is real flat and smooth that would be awsome to drag race on. The guy that i rode with that was out there was a guy that lived in gulfport and was out there the first time the trailblazers went out to ride. We ended up riding with him through some trails that were out there that went on for days. We probably didn't come close to a quater of them. The trails were awsome too. they were almost like roads big enough for trucks to ride down. We found one trail that looked like it was marked off for like an enduro race or something, it had arrow signs all over the place on the trees telling you where to go. The trails themself were awsome. They were flat with very few holes and muddy parts and were very fast, you could hit 4th gear on most of them. I can't wait to go back out there for the next trailblazer trip during mardi gras.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hmmm, I think we need to check on our sources of information, Becuase when we rode out there the last time, BOTH owners came out. The ENTIRE dunes *USED* to be owned by one guy, and he is the one that doesnt like ATVs. The OTHER guy owns the section we were riding on to the RIGHT of the road.

The guy on the RIGHT we have permission without permission. (he wont call the cops, but wont outright tells us its ok).

The guy on the LEFT came out that day also and made sure we were not on the LEFT side of the parking lot. The Left guy is the one who told us he used to own ALL of it, but sold half, and that the new owner is considering selling the sand for profit.

I will talk with Robert S. at the trailblazers meeting on thursday and see if he cant get the 100% lowdown on whats going on out there.

I agree, the area to the left looks double the size of what we rode on last time, But im staying off it until I find out more info.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

What town is this place in? I grew up in Natchez and we use to ride in Cranfield at some dunes and then there were also some on Old 84 that you had to try not to get caught on........And I think that the homochitto river under hwy 33 was ok to ride on that was right outside of Roxie I think, It has been a long time, but I would love to go ride on some steep hills!

Old 02-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

yes, what town is it in? we used to ride in MS at some dunes a while back... it supposedly closed down years ago. but it was the sweetest place you could imagine. 10x better than LA dunes. WAY more sand (that was actually smooth), way bigger hills, trails, a river, campground with cabins and a store! i wonder if this is the same place???

Old 02-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

BanShee777, we ride the Comite River from Deerford north during the summer quite often. The farthest we have ridden is up to the bridge at Plank Road. I ride my Foreman 450s and most people who ride with us have sport bikes and don't have much trouble as long as the river is low and the sand is not too soft in the river. We always park at a friend's house who lives at the bridge on Deerford so we don't have to worry about anyone messing with our trucks. I still want to make a trip to Ft. Polk or Claiborne so I'll keep in touch with everyone and hope they open the trails up.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hey 20 that sounds like the old 84 dunes which were in Natchez except for the cabins and the river.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

There is plenty of parking at the Hwy. 33 bridge at the Homochitto River in MS. To get there, go all the way up Hwy. 19 until you come to a stop sign at Hwy. 24 in MS. Turn right and go a few miles to Gloster and just as you are about to leave Gloster turn left at Hwy. 33. This is a pretty big intersection with a bunch of short white posts in the ground. Just after you pass through Roxy you will come to the bridge. Parking is on the right just before you get to the bridge.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

The dunes me and swftballz450 are talking about are just outside Perkinston, MS near Dimond Rader road. Used to be an old gravel pit. Lotsa old digging equipment around there. could cut a tire easy if not watching out.

No cabins, no river (but a small crick), no store. just private land.

HOWEVER!!!

I just found out last night that the dunes in Perkinston are being shut down. The owner struck a deal with somebody in Bay St Louis that needs the sand and a gate will be going up soon and equipment is going in. So I guess the story I got a few weeks ago about the owner selling the sand wasnt BS after all.

Lost another area!! dammit.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

Daryl when did you here about this and from who. This really sucks if this happens!

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!