Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

last night at the club executive board meeting. Robert S. (He is the guy that found that area for us) called me and gave me the bad news. He found out this weekend while you guys were riding. He doesnt expect it to be shut down tomorrow, but probably within the next month or so.

BUT, he also found out that the Mississippi ATVA out of gulfport has about 700 acres in limbo. They need insurance i think and then the 700 acres opens up for them to ride. Im trying to get ahold of someone from that club to get the details.

The trailblazers have a couple riders wanting to ride claiborne on the 21/22 of this month, but yuo know how it is with rain and trail closures. I think Kraw will be in Monroe, so he might go ride with or without anyone else heheheh.

Old 02-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Hey - I am in McComb MS and looking for places to ride. I just got a new Raptor a few weeks ago and getting back into riding. I went to La Dunes for the first time two weeks ago and had a good time. I will probably go back, but the high fee will not make it a weekly thing. I am looking for places to go - and I need directions too.

I saw several people say that Rattlesnake Bay was fun but closed. I called the Ranger station last week, they said that they are fixing it up and opening it this summer. They are taking names and addresses for a notification mailout as soon as it opens.

The web site for Percy Quin State park here in McComb says they have atv trails (which I was not aware of) I called and asked - they said they are working on them now and are in the process of getting them open. They said the atv trails where hung up in administration - maybe a few calls from us could get it moving again.

In the old days we would ride on the Homochitto river just outside of Meadville on Highway 98. But everyone says it is closed. Can we ride on the Homochitto near Roxie without getting in trouble? If so, as soon as the rain drains I am headed that way.

I am just looking for some info on good places to go, (directions, fees, worth the drive, etc)

Old 02-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ford_Forgotton
last night at the club executive board meeting. Robert S. (He is the guy that found that area for us) called me and gave me the bad news. He found out this weekend while you guys were riding. He doesnt expect it to be shut down tomorrow, but probably within the next month or so.BUT, he also found out that the Mississippi ATVA out of gulfport has about 700 acres in limbo. They need insurance i think and then the 700 acres opens up for them to ride. Im trying to get ahold of someone from that club to get the details.The trailblazers have a couple riders wanting to ride claiborne on the 21/22 of this month, but yuo know how it is with rain and trail closures. I think Kraw will be in Monroe, so he might go ride with or without anyone else heheheh.
no no, I'll be in Pitkin.. 20 mins from Claiborne [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If it's closed, I'll just ride on the hunting lease. 2000 or so acres [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04LERaptor
Hey - I am in McComb MS and looking for places to ride. I just got a new Raptor a few weeks ago and getting back into riding. I went to La Dunes for the first time two weeks ago and had a good time. I will probably go back, but the high fee will not make it a weekly thing. I am looking for places to go - and I need directions too. I saw several people say that Rattlesnake Bay was fun but closed. I called the Ranger station last week, they said that they are fixing it up and opening it this summer. They are taking names and addresses for a notification mailout as soon as it opens. The web site for Percy Quin State park here in McComb says they have atv trails (which I was not aware of) I called and asked - they said they are working on them now and are in the process of getting them open. They said the atv trails where hung up in administration - maybe a few calls from us could get it moving again. In the old days we would ride on the Homochitto river just outside of Meadville on Highway 98. But everyone says it is closed. Can we ride on the Homochitto near Roxie without getting in trouble? If so, as soon as the rain drains I am headed that way. I am just looking for some info on good places to go, (directions, fees, worth the drive, etc)
well, New Orleans is a good drive, but you can ride at the Spillway. It's our clubs "home area" check out www.sltrailblazers.org for more info, or you can always check my site or Ford's site for actual riding pics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I would love to ride Percy Quin.. it is such a nice park. My wife's family reunion is usually held there. Her family is from that area and we buy our bikes from Bubba

Old 02-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

They said out at Percy Quin that the trails will be out back near the primitive camping and archery course. I drove back there and saw a sign that was marked ATv trails, however didn't see the trails that the sign referred to. The lady out there said the completion of the trails was hung up with paperwork but would definitely open sometime - she just didn't know when.(Like I said a couple of calls may motivate them)

Kraw, I saw your Raptor was stolen, I don't know if you plan on replacing it, but I got my 04 LE raptor at Bubba's in Brookhaven for 5199, he had some pretty good deals there. (However I hope you get yours back)

Old 02-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04LERaptor
They said out at Percy Quin that the trails will be out back near the primitive camping and archery course. I drove back there and saw a sign that was marked ATv trails, however didn't see the trails that the sign referred to. The lady out there said the completion of the trails was hung up with paperwork but would definitely open sometime - she just didn't know when.(Like I said a couple of calls may motivate them)Kraw, I saw your Raptor was stolen, I don't know if you plan on replacing it, but I got my 04 LE raptor at Bubba's in Brookhaven for 5199, he had some pretty good deals there. (However I hope you get yours back)
I got mine from him too. I plan on buying a YFZ this summer

Old 02-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Is this rain ever gonna stop?! It sucks to buy a new quad and then have weather like this! Everything is flooded here. The lakebed behind my house where I ride the most is under about twenty feet of water, probably take weeks to drain. It is depressing

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know what your talking about. Its never going to dry out here either.

Old 02-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

odd, I suddenly dont feel homesick anymore. everytime i look outside I feel like Im back in seattle.

Multiply this weather by 9 months of the year and you'll know why we have a high suicide rate!

but those 3 months of the year when its NOT like this.. absolutely paradise!!! (july, aug, sept in case your wondering)

Thats why they invented raincoats and goggles. sheesh. I've ridden in worse and enjoyed it. and that was on a banshee! they hate water!

Old 02-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Hey - I am gonna be driving right through Wiggens and Perkinson tomorrow for work. If somebody can give me directions to MS Dunes i can check it out tomorrow on my way through.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!