Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need to make sure I got the correct hose plugged on blaster oil injection-HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother got a used blaster, and the previous owner disabled the oil injection, I saw a post on making sure the right tube was plugged so air doesnt get into the system, Please tell me which one it is, as I dont think it is plugged on this one, there is one nip on the back half of the carb on the right side that is open, one on the front half of the same side, a little larger size but open, and there is one going into the top of the crankcase that is open,
Are any or all of these supposed to be plugged??

Thanks for the help!!!!

Old 12-17-2000, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

It is a very small nipple ont he left hand side of the carb.(when you are sitiing on the qaud)if there is a yamaha dealer near you I would go look at a new blaster and find the small hose coming from the injector.

moded out 86 trx250r
97 300ex
90 blaster

Old 12-17-2000, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

oh, ok, what about the other two on the right side of it, if you are sitting on it, there is a really small one on the back half and a large one on the front half, and a open nip on the top of the crankcase, these are just open??

Old 12-18-2000, 07:46 PM
DBK
Weekend Warrior

Ummm I'm no where near an expert on the subject. But I do have my 2K Blaster sitting about 4ft away from me. I took the injection system out two days ago. So I figured I'd tell you what my carb looks like....O.K. sitting on the wheeler, left side of carb (choke side) has a gas line and a vent hose (3inch long pointed down). The bottom rear of the carb (pointed at you) is another vent (or drain) hose. The right side of the carb has two hoses side by side in the upper rear corner. The hose on the left (smaller one) goes to the injection pump. If you have no injection that needs to be plugged. The larger hose next to it is yet another 3inch long vent hose... I think the part of the crank case you were talking about (approx,1/4inch). That is another vent hose that goes all the way up around the carb and tucks under the front nose plastic.... I hope you can understand all this (cuz I'm hardly following)...Good luck

Old 12-18-2000, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

He is right the injector hose is on the right hand side!I need to get my sides straight!

Old 12-18-2000, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, that is better, but your carb is a little different, but I think I can figure it out, at least I know which are vents, there is just one large one on the right side of the carb I am not sure about,
Thanks!!

Old 12-19-2000, 12:06 PM
DBK
Weekend Warrior

On my carb, on the right side there are two spots that look like there should be hoses attached. One is smaller and across from the injection hose and vent hose, towards the front. The other is the biggest one and right about smack dab in the middle. But I think you'll find if you stick a piece of wire or something small in those openings you'll find there are solid. They are deep but they are also "not" open.....But that's my carb, maybe yours is an aftermarket or something?

Old 12-19-2000, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got it, thanks guys!