Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kolpin 90cc in need of parts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kolpin 90cc in need of parts!

Hello I recently bought a 06 kolpin 90cc 2 stroke with reverse that is in need of brake pads. Also wanting to know what other makes interchange what parts with this machine if any? Any info anyone can give me on finding parts would be greatly appreciated. Seems like a well built wheeler, quick! Thanks for any info

Old 10-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The following users liked this post:
TamsRottCrazy (07-15-2022)
Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 50cc kolpin in search of parts as well. In my search I was told this is not a chinese quad but made in Taiwan. Not of much help I know but try quad central 763 434-1200. They are in ham lake mn.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Quad Central

Don't waste your time with Quad Central.

I called a couple times.

Jon sounded sort of helpful, but said they were busy and asked if they could call back, they never did. ( None ever do )

Second guy told me they used to carry some parts but are limited now to brake parts and odds and ends.

When I asked if they had brake cables he said no. I asked if they any parts he said pretty much no.

Sounds like they bought out Kolpin's inventory of spare parts a few years ago, but are pretty much picked out and don't seem to want to be bothered anymore.

EBay and Google are seems like the only source left for parts on these.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Smile Kolpin 90cc brake pads

Found some brake pads for my 90cc 2 stroke at Ezatvparts.com

Old 07-15-2022, 04:45 PM
Machinedrivinmecrazy
Angry Kolpin 90cc in need of parts!

Amazon surprisingly has a lot of parrts for them...my PROBLEM has been trying to find a wiring schematic for the lil things!!!
I've gotten new carb, bettery, CDI , stator (5-wire), kill switch (with key), sparkplug and extra harness and unfortunately I don't know the exact ohms and/kws I need to be generating (depending on which I'm working with?! Frustrating doesn't begin to explain the emotion in my garage lately!!
AnyONE ANY help or suggestions??
Have you found any in your searched????
Thanks

Old 07-16-2022, 02:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Fairly sure it will have a Minarelli engine, as used on Polaris, Apache and many others, so stator ohms should be the same as some of them. They do vary, as most use AC CDIs but some were fitted with DC CDis, so won't have an "exciter" coil. Ohms etc, can be a bit flexible anyway, open circuits, and no resistance where there should be a resistance is bad, anything else may well be OK, same with volts, I have sometimes had much higher voltage readings from coils than the ones quoted in books, low voltage readings usually mean trouble though.

Old 07-18-2022, 09:44 AM
Machinedrivinmecrazy

Originally Posted by merryman
Fairly sure it will have a Minarelli engine, as used on Polaris, Apache and many others, so stator ohms should be the same as some of them. They do vary, as most use AC CDIs but some were fitted with DC CDis, so won't have an "exciter" coil. Ohms etc, can be a bit flexible anyway, open circuits, and no resistance where there should be a resistance is bad, anything else may well be OK, same with volts, I have sometimes had much higher voltage readings from coils than the ones quoted in books, low voltage readings usually mean trouble though.
Hey tyvm… As of now I’m waiting on all new parts the parts I ordered were junk hopefully that will be the problem it’s basically gonna be a completely new wire job from a four wire to five also will see you after that tonight thank you again for the response