1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

BEWARE of PartsYahoo.com DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THEM.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of PartsYahoo.com DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THEM.

Caution,

Please heed this warning, Parts Yahoo are crooks who take your money, and do not give parts.

Link to Customer Review...
avoid chinese parts house "partsyahoo" dot com - Motorcycle Forum

Google Checkout Review...
"Crook and Con Artist. I bought and paid for my part a shifter. He calls me after the purchase and triples the online shopping cart price. When i said no way he proceeds to cuss me out. He will not refund me all of the money back. he kept $13.40. He is a disgrace to Google and the entire internet."

My Review...
"Ordered a gearbox from Parts Yahoo Last October. After a few weeks and no parts I called them up to ask when the part would come in. They said "2 weeks". 2 weeks go by and no parts, another 2 weeks by (4 weeks) and I call them up again. They told me the same line 2 weeks, I told them that they told me that a month ago an no parts came, they fessed up and said the manufacture only sends shipments 4 times a year so Id have to wait until January. I decide to wait because no other place had the part I needed. In January I call them again, no parts, 2 weeks. I then ask for a refund. They told me that I'd have to pay a 30% restocking fee. WHAT RESTOCKING FEE, THEY NEVER HAD THE PARTS IN STOCK TO BEGIN WITH!!! I refused, I told them that that does not apply to me because they didnt ship the parts. They said they had to contact the chinese manufacturer to ask them to refund the money. PARTSYAHOO should refund the money NOT the factory, I PAID PARTSYAHOO. We call every few weeks and they always say the same thing, we'll refund you the money, it'll be in the bank in 2 days, NOTHING not one red cent returned. I am out $148 to these Chinese crooks". They have no sense of morality or right and wrong.

I come to find out also that the factory DOESNT MAKE the gearbox they sold me. They stopped production years ago!!!! THEY HAD NO INTENTION OF EVER GIVING ME A GEARBOX, THEY HAVE NO WAY TO FUFULL THE ORDER!!!!

I am considering filling a lawsuit against them to recover my money and extra for the grief they put me through. I cannot let these crooks steal money and continue on.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ummmmm, having a bad day Heather?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, sounds like a bad day to me. Hope it all works out for ya.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

HeatherSchmidt:

Despite the somewhat cynical remarks from a couple moderators [], I think your post is well written, credible, and quite valuable to people considering spending money with this parts supplier.

If you do a google search for "www.partsyahoo.com reviews" a link to your post here is right up towards the top. You are getting your say out there, and will certainly have an effect.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you paid $148 and didn't receive parts or get a refund wouldn't you be mad?

I just found out today that they are also Jianshe USA!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
HeatherSchmidt:

Despite the somewhat cynical remarks from a couple moderators [], I think your post is well written, credible, and quite valuable to people considering spending money with this parts supplier.

If you do a google search for "www.partsyahoo.com reviews" a link to your post here is right up towards the top. You are getting your say out there, and will certainly have an effect.

I wasn't being cynical and I'm not a moderator. I am the site Administrator. I also asked a legitimate question to the OP.
Considering I delete duplicate posts I think I was being nice in letting them slide........

Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!

Originally Posted by HeatherSchmidt
If you paid $148 and didn't receive parts or get a refund wouldn't you be mad?

I just found out today that they are also Jianshe USA!
Mad? about getting ripped off on the internet?

If you used PayPal or a credit card, you can dispute it with the card holder and most of the time.........get a refund.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

For 148 bucks I'd be at their office putting a boot up someones... well you know.

That being said, I'd also make sure it was a place I could drive to.

This has been the biggest drawback to buying a chinese quad. The money you save is good, but putting an extra effort into finding parts, and knowing about the company you order them from ahead of time is a must.

I don't think anyone here is in any way happy she got ripped off. But it's up to you as a consumer to know your rights. Not only in case you don't get the product you paid for, but you've also just given valuable credit information to someone who can also use that too.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeatherSchmidt
I am considering filling a lawsuit against them to recover my money and extra for the grief they put me through. I cannot let these crooks steal money and continue on.
I would not waste any more time with a law suit- it won't get anywhere.
You'll file in your local district court for $35- which you can attach to the overall money you're out, they wont show, a judgement will be entered in your behalf- but then it's up to you to collect the judgement.... good luck with that.

or, they will show, and argue they are just a medium between you and the manufacturer, and they will probably have some fine print on the internet order faq that releases them from any liability like this.

it's just not worth your time- literally. Sucks you're out $150- but it could be much worse... and you won't get anywhere with the court, and you'll be out $185 instead of $150... and whole lot of wasted time.

like FB said- if you used a cc or pay-pal, I'd start there and contest the purchase. I've also had lots of luck with the BBB ( www.BBB.org ) in these situations. They will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and try to come to a reasonable solution- and it's free for you to file a claim.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The only time I had considered disputing a charge via the credit card company, I had 90 days from which I was billed to file the dispute.

The shady sellers know this and will give you excuses as to why you should just wait, and they'll get you the part.

And you'll need records showing when and who you talked to. Major pain just to get your own money back.

Also check you local courts. They may say since this was a internet transaction, charges may have to be filed in the sellers jurisdiction.