Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by judas009
appreciate it bud. I do think i may have found the problem. i read about bikes not starting cause they are getting no suction through the carb, so i took off the back of the carb that goes to the airbox and put my hand over it to feel for suction. well as soon as i did that that bike fired off right away cold! I did notice that it did have suction but it appears that as soon as i put my hand over to create a better vacuum it must have pushed gas into the cylinder for it to fire or something. So what do you think, do i still prolly need a bigger pilot? or is it most likely that the intake boot on the cylinder is messed up or not sealed properly?
if you can get it to idle. spray carb cleaner around the boot where it connects to the jug. if its leaking it should idle up and die. there is an O-ring that seals the boot to the cylinder. i have seen them crack and go bad. the boot itself usually doesnt rip. i know on the S model most of the boot is hard, its only soft where the carb clamp is. but it does seem like a lack of vaccum or suction.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet man thanks for the tip, i will deff post back with results. I did buy a top end gasket kit and i believe i have some orings for that bott that i never changed so i bet thatll help :P thanks!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey twinstacks how's your 230 coming along?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

ive had some things to do. i got my rings and base gasket ordered. ill have them tuesday. and if i can EVER get a day off work, im headed to the shop and paste that sucker back together. i broke down and bought a full DG exhaust. im about to get the rear plastics. all i really need now is some time to put it all back together. i hoped to get it done next week on spring break but they wrote me on the schedule for double my usual hours so im in a tight spot on time.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I hear ya I've been working 60 to 70 hours a week for the last month and a half $$$ its worth it though I like my job unlike some...did you go with a steel or aluminum pipe? Rcm? I was looking at mine the other day and wish I would have bought aluminum but the pipe should last awhile anyways.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

im glad you like your job because i hate mine lol. i get no benefits and lousy pay for a supervisor. but at least its a job. i got the aluminum. my old rcm was aluminum and ive got so much aluminum on it as it is, i may as well keep with it. plus with the nerf bars, im wanting to save as much weight as i can. my goal is to have it weigh the same with all my fancy stuff on there as it did stock.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

I really have never been too concerned about keeping the weight down on the quad...I don't race and I can still keep up on the trails no problem. I have been looking at the z400 lately though and I'm in no position to buy another quad (at least that's what the wife says anyway). The way I see it the 230s are one heck of a machine for being 25 or so years old and it serves me just fine.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

i dont race mine either. i dont know, i figure since im putting a cam in, new exhaust and all, i may as well try to keep the weight down if i can. i wont be doing major things of course, but if i can i will. i know what you mean about not needing another. ive got the 230 and a 220 bayou. the 230 is awesome, but even still, im looking at 400 hondas. i dont need it but it would be fun lol. i am against getting a water jammer though. i was looking at a 350 rap but the 400 hondas are so much cheaper. thats a while away though

Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

The 400ex is nice too...I figure the 3 wheeler and 230 are good enough. The honda needs brakes tires and brake cables and it'll be good to go for the summer. For 150 bucks I think the atc200s was a dang good deal! Did you get the dg nerfs like mine (steel black with blue nets)? I wonder if anyone makes a set for my 3wheeler

Old 03-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

i sure did. my luck, the blue net will look nice with the blue frame. i was thinking about painting my pegs black so they dont stand out so much, but with the way i ride, the paint will be off them so fast it wont even be worth the primmer. i guess ill make that decision when i get to that point. right now, im obsessed with kicking life to the beast and riding it around once to see the differences. its not anywhere close to the way it was. new tires, bars, engine rebuilt and gears? its going to be wild

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.