Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i took the bike out for its first run since the top end rebuild and was all excited, starts up this morning load it on the trailer just fine and everything. We get out there and start her up and i wasnt riding for but 2 mins and next thing i know the clutch starts slipping real real bad. did my best to fix it while we were out there but it was just getting worse so i had to ride on the back of my buddys bike all day, it was still fun but i was disappointed the whole day cause i couldnt test out the new top end. what a day.... lol

Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by judas009
well i took the bike out for its first run since the top end rebuild and was all excited, starts up this morning load it on the trailer just fine and everything. We get out there and start her up and i wasnt riding for but 2 mins and next thing i know the clutch starts slipping real real bad. did my best to fix it while we were out there but it was just getting worse so i had to ride on the back of my buddys bike all day, it was still fun but i was disappointed the whole day cause i couldnt test out the new top end. what a day.... lol
well i think i may have found the issue. i pulled the clutch today and measured my friction plates, all seemed to be within tolerance, when i took out the pressure plate that sits in the basket the edges of the pressure plate were all chewed up and some debris was sitting in the basket from it. any idea what would have caused this? i may have over torqued the clutch springs but i doubt that would have had any effect. anyways i guess ill need to order a new one lol

Old 03-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

Since it was so nice out yesterday i decided to take the QS for a ride out to the farm after work... i didnt quite make it...

It didnt look so bad as i was getting into it, but once i was in i quickly realized it was too late to get out, 50 yards later i wasnt moving any more... luckily the thing is so light i was able to lift it up and pull it out.

i dunno why pics are so small, theres bigger ones in my album

Old 03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

dude that sucks... lol

yea we got snow last night... grrr i hate snow and want summer for riding and swimming

Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

I hope we get snow i want another 3ft. I plow and ride 4 wheelers. What could be better Look at my name its Snow Racer.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

ok fellas, committed all day to the bike. i got the new rings in and my 250 cam. cleaned the carb all up, tank and, air box. put the engine back in frame and the carb. hooked everything up and rigged a throttle up and hung the new exhaust on. on the 4th kick, she fired up and idled perfectly. i couldnt believe it. after sitting almost 6 months and being all torn down, it started that good.

now ive got to mod my new throttle box to fit the oem cable, get the tank mounted, and make a bracket so the exhaust fits better. of course the nerf bars and plastics need to get put on too. but oh man, to hear it running ... i couldnt stop smiling.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it twinstacks!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I hope you didn't get a twist throttle lol...I tried one on mine and dang near plowed into a tree after coming out of a turn

Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

lol oh no, i took an extra throttle from a bayou. i like the metal one better than the old stock plastic one. plus, i got a new light switch so i had to do away with the on/off on the original throttle. the adjuster on the suzuki cable is smaller than the bayou so im going to have to make a sleeve for it. other than that, it should work perfectly. im getting more and more excited to ride it.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Good deal. We got another 6 inches of snow here and I'm fed up with winter and not having some decent riding weather...I have a question for everyone: do you run the chain and sprocket guard on the swingarm? I bought a stock one in excellent shape on ebay. I had one up until 2 years ago when I tore it off on a rock (it was pretty well mangled when I got it) and since then I kinda like the ground clearance without it I just have to be careful what I ride over...

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.