Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fishguybri

im sure you have g-force, but I gotta ask. my family breeds dogs a bit. you do know that that is one of the most difficult breeds. including a manditory c-section for birth. i am sure you do just throwing it out there becuase people are not told such things when they buy pets. I dont mean to be nosey or rude just being friendly with info.

hope to get my pics up later today at the garage. probably wont be till late. if i remember to burn them to a disk so I can get them to the garage computer. thanks for the photobucket info randy. I am picking up a honda 110 atc today to start polishing for my e-bay store. i cant wait to go beat this up for a few days before I tear it down. I always take the running ones to the pit to romp on a bit.</end quote></div>

Yep done a ton of research and actually the c-section is not mandatory but most people when it comes to bulldogs go ahead and schedule one anyway to avoid free whelping. We are going to try free whelping because my mother-in-law has birthed litters all her life in fact she just delivered my sister-in-laws scotty's pups 4 days ago. If it looks like the birth is going south then we will take her in for an emergency c-section. But I am hoping it goes well because this is going to sound funny but she has the biggest vagina I have ever seen lol, I mean it's not because she is in heat it was huge to start with, my brother-in-law laughs at her all the time because he says it looks like a male dog walking around with ***** slapping thighs.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I am dying over here![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My Staffie that we just put down had the same thing!!
Seems like ALL Bully breeds tend to lay the same way, legs straight out, belly to the ground! My wife used to make sure she never faced the rear cause "I can't stand that HUGE thing winkin at me" Bwhahahahaha!!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I am sorry for you and yours regarding your dog[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Here are a couple of photos of Lilly.

Name:  lilly0022.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  78.5 KB

Old 12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Awe!!!!! So friggin ugly they are cute!! Had a brindle almost identical when I was a kid.
Well ya never no, it is pretty nice in Colorado in May..........
Posted some new pix on my page, pending of course.

On my way back from physical therapy today, gonna stop at the Suk dealership.
My friend seems to think the z400 a-arms and shocks will be an easy rig for our bikes. cheap OEM and aftermarket all over ebay. I sent him the diamond j link and he says he can make that easily. so, gonna take some measurements and see if it is do-able.

Thanks for the Lilly pics, brought a smile to my daughter and myself![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah she is! Well I am glad you & your daughter enjoyed the pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

A-arms, that is why I was looking at the 400ex arms originally because they were so cheap and and available. I also was considering the z400 because as you have said already also widely available and cheap...also the z400 shares all parts with the 400kfx, dvx except some plastic. The only thing that worries me regarding the z400 is the shocks are even longer then the 250r or the 400ex for that matter 16.88" depending on year you are talking about.
I haven't had the opportunity to measure a z400 a-arms to date so I will be waiting on pins and needles to see what you come out with.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

my aunt has had many bullies. she has had the c-sections becuase her bullie has a small pelvis. I guess the bigger the cooch the bigger the pelvis bones are too. i guess, she says, that we have bred the bullies heads so big that they cant fit thruogh some females vagina,s huh huh VAGINA

i got my pics on disc hope to remember them when i go to the garage later

Old 12-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, I'll leave the bulldog discussion for those in the know... But geometry... I can handle that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

First, who says we have to use 250r shocks???? Or 400 shocks for that matter? Just find some arms that fit and then decide how long a shock you want and go find it. If you "want" to use 250r shocks, then you may have to move some mounting points around a bit. This is where cad comes in handy. Here are some drawings I did back when I was designing my setup.

Name:  aaarmsdrawing2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  57.5 KB

The numbers at the far left is wheel travel thru the full range of shock travel and the small numbers at the top is the distance the wheel moves in and out. The 2nd drawing (at the right) I think is a stock 230 with the rims flipped around. The 3rd drawing is a stock 250s. I forgot what the first one is. The bottom one is the first one with all the layers turned on to show how moving the shock around changes things.

Once everything is drawn up, you can compute the static force on the shock for a given vertical load on the wheel on each setup and compare.

Second, just because a shock "lays flat" dont assume it will be too soft until you do the math and play around with the actual shock to know how stiff it really is. Suzuki took a stock 230 and added longer arms and longer shocks and didn't move any mounting points except the one on the arm when they made the 250s. The 250s shocks lay pretty flat compared to the 230. And the difference in ride quality is night n day. That's why I bought a set of 250s shocks. They may not be the best, but at least I know how good they are and they are waaaay beter than what I have and they only cost me $30 with shipping.

Third, I think you have to decide if you want to jump or ride trails. I dont think one setup will perfectly cover both riding styles. I rarely go over 3 ft off the ground and prefer the softer trail riding setup. If I take my trail setup to the track I'll probably break something coming off a big jump, lol.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Cool thanks for the CAD representations it does help to "see" how things might work. I was thinking the same thing as far as using "X" a-arms and then measuring from a-arm shock mount to frame shock mount and then determining the best first and foremost shock size and then brand etc.

I also am not worried about track suspension setup all my riding is either trails or open areas with some big hills and small mounds to mildly come off the ground. I feel right now I have a lot of bumpsteer but I can't really say for sure since this has been my only atv and I've ridden a couple 4x4 atv's but that is a different animal.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Nice Randy! That looks better than my scribbling!
My thoughts exactly, get the a-arms that I want then have works make them (shocks) for me! Like I said this is down the line for me. But my friend is feeling a lil sorry for me and is willin to do some work while I am down! For once I am gonna take advantage of it. BTW the dang suzuki dealer was closed!! which is fine cause PT was a bit@h!

Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

I agree. Excellent CAD depictions and exactly where I need to go.

My exposure has been limited to running the 230 around a few yards before demolition, a 250EX, 400EX, 450R and Blaster.. not hard to guess which seemed the best, which I assumed mostly due to width and reserve shocks.

I lean toward a longer replacement arm and matching/similar shock combination w/shorter mounting bracket...and start with the donor geometry?

Old 01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34
I also am not worried about track suspension setup all my riding is either trails or open areas with some big hills and small mounds to mildly come off the ground. I feel right now I have a lot of bumpsteer but I can't really say for sure since this has been my only atv and I've ridden a couple 4x4 atv's but that is a different animal.</end quote></div>

Sounds like we ride the same types of terrain. Bumpsteer is coming from your wheelspacers. Imagine if you had a foot thick wheel spacer on each side.... Not hard to imagine how it would ride then. You'd never be able to drive straight and by the time you went around the block you'd need new balljoints and tierod ends, lol.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.