Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the ITP tires on there as a joke more than anything, lol. I don't think anybody is going to have a backhoe laying around they can use. I suppose a tree and a truck might work the same though.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Both the factory service manual and the clymer pro series agree. 309 and 337 dry mass. What do you mean, "direct from Suzuki!"? Did you call?

About 315 lbs wet is the lightest I've had mine. Its up to 330 or so with the 250 engine, longer swingarm, and longer a-arms.
It was in one of their 25th Anniversary Articles. I just copy and pasted it.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, quads are cheaper. And the fed's number are a bit conservative. Some say inflation is twice what they say. But anyway, a honda foreman used to cost about $3500 or so back in the 80's. In today's dollars, $7000 will get you a KQ700. Which would you rather have? A 350 foreman from the 80's or a 700 KQ??? They cost the same.

Looks like the 250ex is gone. Its the 250x again, but with the sport clutch and still 229cc. Its runs $4300.
250X is the same thing, it just doesn't have the E in the name now. They change that like every other year. Its pretty dumb.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

I put the ITP tires on there as a joke more than anything, lol. I don't think anybody is going to have a backhoe laying around they can use. I suppose a tree and a truck might work the same though.
lol, well maybe someone will find it useful!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Do you like the new layout on the Gallery page? Its a little easier to find the links.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm working on getting my foot pegs figured out, here's some pics of the situation:

Not too hard to see the failure here!!

Even the mount plate is bent!

Grade 8.8 Bolt

I'm half thinking about contacting DG about this. Now that I see that the mounting bracket on the nerf bar bent all to he||, maybe its something I could throw back to them and see if I can get a new set.

Here's from their site:

Q: Can you explain the warranty on DG products.
A: DG Performance will warranty product manufactured by DG for 30 days from date of purchase. The 30-day warranty applies to manufactured defects only. This warranty does NOT apply to damaged product from a crash or subsequent damage. If you feel your part in question is applicable, you can call our customer service person.

So I don't know, its worth a shot. The vehicle wasn't crashed, so I guess we'll see. Can you imagine how tore up they would have been if they were aluminum!?!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
I'm working on getting my foot pegs figured out, here's some pics of the situation:

Not too hard to see the failure here!!

Even the mount plate is bent!

Grade 8.8 Bolt

I'm half thinking about contacting DG about this. Now that I see that the mounting bracket on the nerf bar bent all to he||, maybe its something I could throw back to them and see if I can get a new set.

Here's from their site:

Q: Can you explain the warranty on DG products.
A: DG Performance will warranty product manufactured by DG for 30 days from date of purchase. The 30-day warranty applies to manufactured defects only. This warranty does NOT apply to damaged product from a crash or subsequent damage. If you feel your part in question is applicable, you can call our customer service person.

So I don't know, its worth a shot. The vehicle wasn't crashed, so I guess we'll see. Can you imagine how tore up they would have been if they were aluminum!?!
Whoever engineered that was a tard! Never use fully threaded rod like that! No wonder it bent. That suff is not even as strong as 8.8 or grade 5 because its a full size smaller than the hole and its probably cut threads instead of rolled threads. Might have well have just rammed a stick in there from a nearby tree to get the same strength.

Furthermore, you can't put proper torque on the nut because the goofy rod will just keep stretching and stretching. If you'd gotten hurt, you could have sued their pants off!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Do you like the new layout on the Gallery page? Its a little easier to find the links.
Ummm... I guess. I'm not sure what changed except more stuff was added. Looks good though.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

It was in one of their 25th Anniversary Articles. I just copy and pasted it.
Well, I wish I could figure out a way to lose the 11 lbs suzuki says I shouldn't have.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

How-to weigh your quad:

Locate a small scissor-jack (trunk of a small car maybe?) and a bathroom scale. Place bathroom scale under the center of the front end between the contact patches of the front tires. Put jack on scale and jack up front end till tires just come off ground. NO more than that. Note weight. Do same for back end. Add two numbers together and that's your weight.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.