Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

I also use the 28mm flatslide carb. It works well, even with the mods that's been made.
This one came as a reccomendation. I asked the folks a W.B. They had done testing ( at the time) on the correct combo's. At one time, it sold as a kit. I still have my paperwork from the kit, complete with mounting instructions and tuning tips.

It is a good product.

Good luck.

BigMc.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
BigMc

Maybe one, one day, ill get my R on the fast track again.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

gforce34

Welcome to the 230 quad sport forum. Its great to have a new face in here. Keeps the message alive you know. By the way, that ( as PG has already stated) is a very sharp ride. It reminds me of one ive seen on here before. I think it's Blue and white though[IMG][/IMG]

fishguy

Im running on a 2mm over bore now, (for now) the 68mm is as far as you can go with the stock cylinder. I have had no problems with this set up. What you need to remember though is.......that's it.......when it comes time for a rebuild you have two choices. Either resleave it back to stock or pick up an overbore kit.

Hay P.G.,.. that would be a COOL project, a bone stock 230s resto, complete with stock muffler and drive train. Sounds like a project for the truly devoted/insane. Which ever fits the owner better[IMG][/IMG]

Ive always wanted an 85 model in my stable. Maybe one day I will start collecting pats to build my own. Maybe a 85,86,87 and a 88 to round out the collection............Hmmmm</end quote></div>

Going to pick my stuff tonight from the police, depending what I get back will determine if I go stock or what.. Not sure if I want to go thru tracking down parts again, wouldn't be prudent, not at this juncture!!

Rode the trike HARD this weekend, I always forget how fast and fun that lil antique is as well....</end quote></div>

Old 10-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bigmc i did do a plug check saturday i was getting a white ashey look to my plug, what jets are you running in your flatslide carb i have a dg exaust system so i no ill need to rejet the carb when i get it
thnku all u guys so much for your help

Old 10-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

with the stock carb and 265 cc bigbore ran 125 main and 25 piolet. used this same setup when motor was stock with d.g and plug always burned beer bottle color, helped with idling and could open throttle full,where as when i got it if u open throttle more than half it was pointless cause wouldnt do anything but bog! my jets cost less than 10.00

Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I got mine figured out. Everything runs perfect now. Starts first kick and is really strong. We're going to the mountains tomorrow for a day of riding.

The 28mm carb came with 180 main jet and 15 pilot. I switched the pilot to 17.5 and the main I drilled out with a .073 inch drill. I used the needle from the stock carb and put the clip on the top notch. I also have a KN filter and no airbox lid. I have the stock exhaust... It is loud, but the baffle is still in it. I don't know if someone else has done anything to it before I got it, but it doesn't look like it. My 230 is bored 60 over and has new valves. This combo appears to work. Insane power from a 4-stroke. Power comes on like a 2-stroke. Will wheelie in all gears. The first 3 gears rev out instantly.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, the trip to the mountains was a ball. A little hard to start in the thinner air and a little miss mid throttle sometimes, but the top end screamed. Got blisters on my hands and every muscle aches, but it was fun. The next project is widening the front end. I have already turned my rims around, but I'm still not as wide as my buddy's 250. Being on 3 wheels in the turns is no fun. I have some spare a-arms.... I'm thinking about chopping them and welding about 1 inch of tube... Maybe 2... I have to think about it.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
BigMc

You can use Dura Blue spacers intended for a 250 Q racer. 1.5 inche's on each side really helps the ride.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
BigMc

hadaveha
I have NO idea what the jets are. Its been........3? years send I bolted it on. Let me check it out and I will let you know.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

You can use Dura Blue spacers intended for a 250 Q racer. 1.5 inche's on each side really helps the ride.</end quote></div>

I may get lazy and take the spacer way out, lol. Do you think the extra width along with me turning my rims around would be too much torque on the wheel bearings and ball joints? The trail beats on them pretty good with all the big rocks I slam into. (which brings up my next point... I need bigger front tires).

Seeing the 230 next to the 250 makes me want longer a-arms. The funny thing is, on the 250 the shocks still mount at the same location on the top, so they are a more flat angle.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
BigMc

I dont know if Id call it lazy. More like ........less inventive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I run 1.5" spacers and rims with a 2 +3 inch offset. I drilled and tapped a zerk in each hub that i use before each ride. There has been no problems with bearings. I figure im at least +5" in the front and have had no problems with it at all.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.