Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

This thread is slightly amusing. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.atvconnection.com//messageview.cfm?catid=17&threadid=534925&STARTPAGE =1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
">http://forums.atvconnection.co...MVIEWTMP=Linear
</a>

I couldn't resist blowing some steam either, lol.</end quote></div>

Wow....that was just scary. People are funny, I thought it was blaringly obvious that atv'n was inheritinlgy dangerous. Your riding a powered machine in an enviroment that is more often than not going to challenge that machines abilities, kinda the whole point. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the scenery when I'm taking a smoke break or having a snack. But since the original poster seems to have really no experience he will find as he gains more confidence he will want to push his limits as well as the quads.
If you have to ask whether you should ride two people on a single person quad then I have to wonder about the implications of you asking that question in the first place. If you need laws to tell whether to do it or not then I just feel bad for you. People need to make their own adult decisions and if they choose to do something that is beyond their abilities knowingly and severe bodily harm or death is the result.....then I call that natural selection.

I like your doggie reference that made me lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, that thread caught me at a bad time in that I was already frazzled from GA's obsession in taking my liberties for the sake of "public safety". I don't have any problem in outlawing things that I do that have a better than average chance of hurting someone else, like driving a car drunk off my azz,,, that's fine, but things like seatbelt, helmets,,,, cutting my own lawn!!???!! Cutting grass with Jack, Johnny, Bud, or my dear Old Grand Dad has little to do with public safety and more to do with a revenue generating legislature that can seize on the excuse that its "protecting the children". But I guess I would have to concede, if I am a true flag waving red-blooded american, that one drink will turn the greater part of the popluation into slobbering drunks that will plow down any and all children in a 10 mile radius. Happens all the time, right??? While we're at it, what about all the thanksgiving turkeys, birthday cakes, and backyard bar-b-ques where drunks are wielding knives. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] My God!!! We must make a law at once! The Children! The Children!

I don't know,,, seems to me once we start down the slippery slope of legislated personal protection, it cannot possibly end until enverybody is locked in a cage for their own protection. First, you can't ride a quad w/o a helmet because you might get hurt. Next, you can't ride double on a quad because you might get hurt. Next, you can't ride a quad at all because you might get hurt. What's next? You're not allowed to get outta bed in the morning because you might get hurt? Can't send the wrong message ya know.... You just may slip n fall getting outta bed and that would be irresponsible and would be sending the wrong message.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I agree with natural selection too. For instance, in OH it would cost you $75 to cross at a train crossing if the gates where down, but no train was in sight. WTF? Ok, ok, they let us cross 4 lanes of traffic when exiting a shopping center without being told when to go,,, and those cars are moving fast and from every direction. A train is on a track and can only be going in one of 2 directions. Pretty easy to tell if one is coming or not. But they expected us to just sit there and stare at the driver on the other side and wonder where the cops are and who is gonna be the first guy to try to cross the tracks illegally. After all, we have to get to work, school, etc... And, if a cop does come he just gets out and directs traffic to cross the tracks. Oh, that's right, the cops have such better vision and judgement than the rest of us. The public at large needs to be told what to do and can't seem to make a decision whether a massive vehicle with a 170 dB horn blowing is barreling down on them or not. I say if you can't determine whether its safe to cross with gates being down and big red lights flashing at you, you don't need to be breeding and teaching your kids to be a stupid as you!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

For once, I don't know what to buy!!
Got a $100 voucher for rockymountain and I don't know what to use it for??
Me, unable to spend money on the 230? Inconceivable!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, I know how ya feel, I have $400 in gift certificates for bikebandit and cant find anything to buy. Everything I need comes from ebay or other places that bikebandit dont sell the stuff.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, it looks like the New York Times has chosen one of our next leaders for us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] They endorse Grandpa and Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife to lead this country. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Maybe when the babyboomers are old n senile they'll get a shot at the office too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

PG i think you started something talkin about Bruce Lee, look what popped up on the car forum i go to lol http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=26108

Old 01-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: quadsport230

PG i think you started something talkin about Bruce Lee, look what popped up on the car forum i go to lol http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=26108</end quote></div>

For the record. Randy started it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tell the "tool" that doubts the 1in punch........ Nevermind, he'll probably get to experience it someday!!![img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

I am 5'10" (in my work boots!) 155-160lbs, I will drop ANY human being, yes I said ANY, that will stand b4 me, with a 1in punch.... I am only a badass/legend in my own mind, but that is a GUARANTEE!! Not saying it would happen in a fight, brawl, whatever... But if they were willing to stand in front of me and take it, they would be on their azz.....

Old 01-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats. The following list are the physical feats that are documented and supported by reliable sources.

- Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second. (I don't know what that kinda speed looks like, but he was rumored to be determined to outrun electricity).

- Lee could spring a 235 lb (107 kg) opponent 15 feet (4.6 metres) away with a 1 inch punch. (If that is true, why on a tape I have of him doing an exhibition could he only knock a 160lb man a few feet at the most into a chair where the guy just sat down? Still amazing, but I'm waving a BS flag at the 15 ft claim. The guy was the olympic judo champ at the time).

- Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24fps, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up. (regular TV is 30fps,,, I don't know what this is about???).

- In a speed demonstration, Lee could ****** a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind. (lots of guys can do this.)

- Lee could perform push ups using only his thumbs. (I can do this now, and I haven't done a push up in yrs).

- Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer. (I can't do that, never could, never will. Very impressive if true).

- Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks. (probably true, but he probably missed half the time too).

- Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger (I can do this now. No problem.)

- Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups. (In 1994 I could do more than 10,,, can't do a single one now.)

- From a standing position, Lee could hold a 125 lb (57 kg) barbell straight out. (Highly unlikely, he only weighed 140lbs)

- Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick. (balsa wood maybe, and still, I'd have to see that. He never even did anything like that in his movies).

- Lee performed a side kick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150-lb (68 kg) punching bag. (not that big of a deal, I broke a punching bag with a side kick back in 1997. It was swinging towards me and I kicked it and it bent a little too much and broke right in the middle. Any bag made of cloth will tear. I have him on tape beating the holy hell out of a bag with James Colburn. Impressive, but no where near breaking it.)

- Lee could cause a 300-lb (136 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a side kick. (maybe with a side "push" over n over again till the bag got enough momentum to hit the ceiling).

- In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso perfectly horizontal midair. (I dont know what this is - no comment)

- Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of Coca-Cola, at a time before cans were made of the softer aluminum metal. (Very possible in aluminum, but I dont think the cans were steel, were they? In the 60's n 70's? Tin if anything.)

- Lee could use one finger to leave dramatic indentations on pine wood. (Pine is really soft wood)

Lee was one of the best martial artist in the modern world and probably the fastest. But he was not superman. He only lived 30 or so yrs. Some guys have been training 60-70 yrs or more and have graduated from masters to Masters. Bruce will always be my favorite,,, but could he get his *** kicked? Absolutely! Although I've never seen a UFC where anyone there could do it, in my opinion. Bruce was just too fast and obsessed. Pan Qingfu could give him a run though. After all, he said he never makes a mistake. Anybody that beats steel plates 5000 times a day and never makes mistakes is someone you want to always be nice to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Lee's phenomenal fitness meant he was capable of performing many exceptional physical feats. The following list are the physical feats that are documented and supported by reliable sources.

- Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second. (I don't know what that kinda speed looks like, but he was rumored to be determined to outrun electricity).

- Lee could spring a 235 lb (107 kg) opponent 15 feet (4.6 metres) away with a 1 inch punch. (If that is true, why on a tape I have of him doing an exhibition could he only knock a 160lb man a few feet at the most into a chair where the guy just sat down? Still amazing, but I'm waving a BS flag at the 15 ft claim. The guy was the olympic judo champ at the time).

- Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24fps, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up. (regular TV is 30fps,,, I don't know what this is about???).

- In a speed demonstration, Lee could ****** a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind. (lots of guys can do this.)

- Lee could perform push ups using only his thumbs. (I can do this now, and I haven't done a push up in yrs).

- Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer. (I can't do that, never could, never will. Very impressive if true).

- Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks. (probably true, but he probably missed half the time too).

- Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger (I can do this now. No problem.)

- Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups. (In 1994 I could do more than 10,,, can't do a single one now.)

- From a standing position, Lee could hold a 125 lb (57 kg) barbell straight out. (Highly unlikely, he only weighed 140lbs)

- Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick. (balsa wood maybe, and still, I'd have to see that. He never even did anything like that in his movies).

- Lee performed a side kick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150-lb (68 kg) punching bag. (not that big of a deal, I broke a punching bag with a side kick back in 1997. It was swinging towards me and I kicked it and it bent a little too much and broke right in the middle. Any bag made of cloth will tear. I have him on tape beating the holy hell out of a bag with James Colburn. Impressive, but no where near breaking it.)

- Lee could cause a 300-lb (136 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a side kick. (maybe with a side "push" over n over again till the bag got enough momentum to hit the ceiling).

- In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso perfectly horizontal midair. (I dont know what this is - no comment)

- Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of Coca-Cola, at a time before cans were made of the softer aluminum metal. (Very possible in aluminum, but I dont think the cans were steel, were they? In the 60's n 70's? Tin if anything.)

- Lee could use one finger to leave dramatic indentations on pine wood. (Pine is really soft wood)

Lee was one of the best martial artist in the modern world and probably the fastest. But he was not superman. He only lived 30 or so yrs. Some guys have been training 60-70 yrs or more and have graduated from masters to Masters. Bruce will always be my favorite,,, but could he get his *** kicked? Absolutely! Although I've never seen a UFC where anyone there could do it, in my opinion. Bruce was just too fast and obsessed. Pan Qingfu could give him a run though. After all, he said he never makes a mistake. Anybody that beats steel plates 5000 times a day and never makes mistakes is someone you want to always be nice to. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

We are all human, and can have our azz handed to us! i know my smart mouth has caused my butt to be whupped![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.