Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

one on the right looks like 32mm round slide??

Am I correct Randy?</end quote></div>

That's what I'm thinking.</end quote></div>

Would that mean its something worth getting to work for me or should i just get the parts for the stock one?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bd99

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

one on the right looks like 32mm round slide??

Am I correct Randy?</end quote></div>

That's what I'm thinking.</end quote></div>

Would that mean its something worth getting to work for me or should i just get the parts for the stock one?</end quote></div>

Well.... Not sure. Name:  oh.gif
Views: 19
Size:  275 Bytes Many thanks to PG Name:  Thanx.gif
Views: 38
Size:  4.9 KB I have one, but never got to use it. There was a few guys on here a while back that said they had less trouble with them than the guys with the TM28's had and they said the quad runs great. Back when I ordered my TM28, I read every page here (all 35 or so, lol) and the consensous was 28 was big enough. As soon as I placed the order, guys with 32's started showing up. One of these days I'll know a little more about it after I get mine up n running. Right now though, I think you're probably better off just getting the 32 to run right because there is about as much work in getting the stock one to work if you keep using the KN filter. Lose the KN and the stock with a rebuild kit should run right off the bat. With the KN and you'll be searching for bigger jets and having the needle on the last clip and still be lean! Might as well just have the 32 dialed in if it means THAT much work.

If you REALLY want my advice (haven't seen anyone take it yet, lol), get a set of those numbered drill bits (ie #57, #59, etc) and drill your main jet until it runs right. That's what I do and I'll never go back to the trial n error method of jet changing n running to the parts shop all the time for more jets. Works like a charm for me.

My Tm28 works so well, I can put it on any quad and fire it right up n ride all day with no worries (so long as the airfilter isn't too restrictive). I have drilled jets n sanded needles. Name:  xyxthumbs.gif
Views: 31
Size:  139 Bytes

Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i thought the lever that said 'choke' on it was the choke. there is a black round button on the other side of it that ive never seen before</end quote></div>

The black button is for half choke or full choke. And its really not even a "choke", but an enrichment systems that lets more gas in. A choke cuts off air flow. But we all call it a choke anyway coz its easier to type.

If you puch the black button in, you'll see you can only push the choke lever down half way. If you pull the black **** out, the choke lever will go down ALL the way. For some reason somebody thought it needed that.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What do you guys think? This make a good avatar fer me???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Name:  lool.gif
Views: 18
Size:  8.9 KB

Old 05-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer

hahaha love the avatar! well ill make it a first and take your advice and see if i can get the big carb to work. if i drill it out too much i can always jb weld it and start over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hahaha love the avatar! well ill make it a first and take your advice and see if i can get the big carb to work. if i drill it out too much i can always jb weld it and start over [img][/img]</end quote></div>

If I drill too much I just grab another jet of any size n step down a bit size. It makes life easy stocking up on jets.... The size doesn't matter.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

These animated pics are neat! I thought maybe PG would like one of these. Name:  aAc_Pistol.gif
Views: 23
Size:  67.5 KB Name:  aCo_BruceLeeThumb.gif
Views: 24
Size:  43.4 KB Name:  aAc_BruceLeeKick.gif
Views: 25
Size:  82.5 KB

Just search google for animated gifs or animated avatars. If anything is too big, Download.com has Ulead GIF Animator 5 for a 15 day trial that works wonders. I think you can take clips out of movie files too.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Yikes, crazy week! Last Friday my wireless modem went kaput. So called my ISP, since it was Friday they said I wouldn't receive it until Monday. So I was using my cell for the internet until Monday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

We are finally going camping this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My brother-in-law and his family are going with so I'm bringing the Z400 and he is bringing his Polaris 400 Sportsman. After he rode the Z last weekend my sister-in-law is pissed because he is now convinced that he needs to get one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I kept reminding him that it is modded w/ the bigbore kit and BigGun Ignition System, Trinity Stage IV exhaust, and K &N Pro Flow intake. I think the carb was upgraded to, it comes stock with a 36mm but looks to me like it has the 39mm FCR w/ dial-a-jet.

JR I believe last Friday right before my modem went south you asked what the difference was between the throttle response. I would say maybe a half second. The 230 was really instantaneous and the Z is about a half second, and then it just comes on so hard and doesn't stop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

From what I have read so far on some forums is Z400's modded about the same as mine say the can hang w/ stock or lightly modified 450's. I can't imagine what an all out modded 450 would be like....scary really.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.