Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

NEVER go into business with friends!!! You'll lose a business AND a friend! I learnt that the hard way..... As a matter of fact, I would seriously think twice before even hiring a friend.

Man, I hope your store doesn't go away. Good ebay stores are hard to find! As a matter of fact, I just sent you a message on ebay a little while ago. It turns out I need a crank. Mine is beat too much to trust being rebuilt and subjected to my riding style. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And my buddy with the 250s.... Well, his son was out riding and the front sprocket JUST came off! Why is a mystery,,, but the chain ate up the mag cover. So, he's gonna pile on another tube of Quik Steel and see, but it looks like he's gonna need another cover. He might have the money about the time you get the new 230 in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I decided against the gem. Was a combo of him never calling me back and me deciding its just pissin money I don't have,,, so... It was a 1987 TRX250X in mint condition. All original. Even still had the original stock tires. Arguably the best 250 ever made (I'd probably tie it with the 250s). But, I figured I'd want to trick it out and it would be another money pit.... and I can't ride 2 sports so I would always have to choose between it and the 230. Frankly, a .060 230 has more under-the-curve HP than the 250x anyway. Just don't ever race one in a straight line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Those things come with 11:1 compression and a wiseco puts it at 12:1. 4 valve head (two 29mm intakes compared to the single 32mm on the 230) and a 11mm longer rod. Should churn out 10,000 rpm all day n not break a sweat!

My secret to the swingarm is a can of "Hammered" paint from Lowes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All I did was pressure wash the grease off and wipe it down. Then weld it up, brush off the slag, and paint it. That hammered paint looks pretty sharp. I don't have a sandblaster or anything. Just an angle grinder with a rope wire brush wheel.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Which Moto-4 is it?

Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Range Rover

actually the wire rope wheel and angle grinder technique is my best friend. it is much quicker and works for heavy sh#t. the blaster cabinet is hardly used anymore. i have definantly set my business to stay open. I just may have some harsh feedbacks to deal with temperarly. i will still be kickin give me three weeks.

The moto 4 is a 1987 yfm200 shaft drive utility quad. I have put in knew crank bearings and rings as well as valves and a cam. knew timing chain too. I took every part off of this and sandblasted it then applied fresh paint. I bought three of these and took the best part of each one to put on this one after painting them. this bike looks brand knew again. the plastics are grey and the gas tank sides are red. so I painted the handlebars red and the tow hitch I just ordered for him. I will posting you guys some pics soon of this bike.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like a cool restore project. Look forward to the pics... I know it will be CLEAN! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

I am SO looking forward to my NV ride!

I need to get away from reality SO freaking bad!

I got up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday for no reason, wanted to kill everyone for zero reason!!!

Called my bud after work, told him to get the pads ready, cause I NEED to whoop some ***, or have my *** whooped................

We kicked each others *** for 2 1/2-3 hours!!!

WOW! Brings you back to "reality" real quick.......... When the BS of life gets too deep, ya just have to go caveman for a lil while to realize you are human!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Wish I could do that without **** getting "personal". Plus, everybody I know is pushin 300lbs.... I feel like I'm kicking a dead moose (and doing about as much damage). I did once kick a 70lb bag in half, but that's 70lbs... and 1996. Now days I just go out n shoot **** in half. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bri, do you still have a 230 crank? Did you get my message on ebay?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Wish I could do that without **** getting "personal". Plus, everybody I know is pushin 300lbs.... I feel like I'm kicking a dead moose (and doing about as much damage). I did once kick a 70lb bag in half, but that's 70lbs... and 1996. Now days I just go out n shoot **** in half. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

He out weighs me bu almost 60lbs, but I can hold my own!
Don't get personal when you have full pads! Lots of fun!
He is one of the cats I quad with, so we shoot some stuff as well!!

Our trip coming up he/they told me we have some suprises in store... Probably means a big BOOM! Can't wait!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I saw a fight club documentary on tv not too long ago. It was about highly successful people who you'd never suspect as being "rough n tough" taking off their suit n ties and beatin the **** outta each other. They use chairs, frying pans, whatever you might normally find laying around. At the end of the night they all shake hands and hug each other and go home. I saw one dude walk right into a nice right cross.... He had to ask what happened as they were picking him up from the floor, lol. The guy said he didn't mean to do that, but dude just walked into it.

It was pretty neat. This guy turned his garage into a big dojo. They padded the floor and reinforced the walls and padded them too. Everybody wears padded helmets too because I guess you can get fired for having a couple black eyes at the office. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I don't know when I'll be riding again. I bought this 250S engine off ebay (hopefully it runs) to go in the 230 frame to hold me untill I get the 230 done. Found this Jardine exhaust for the 250 too for 50 bucks. Kinda excited about all that.

I just hope the "BOOM" you're talking about doesn't include your fo-wheeler this time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] That last one took a big dent out of your "normally cheerful consitution". [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Ha! Cheerful and me haven't been on the same page for a while, sorry for that.

The only rule we have is no shots to the *****, throat, eyes, no small digit(fingers toes) submissions, and no weapons!!! Especially frying pans!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am very priveledged to fight people that fight for a living. My friend I keep referring to, is the son of one of the founders of the Karate school my daughter attends.. The friends I have met and fought and ride with with us, if they don't teach martial arts there, they did at one time... Or they fight in a cage for $, most small time, but some are becoming big time!!

I am truly blessed that I am worthy of a few rounds. I ain't nobody, but I can hang with all of them, for a little while at least!!!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.