Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Yeah, fighting is hard work... It ain't like the movies! Even somebody that doesn't know anything can be a battle if his heart is in it. Especially if Dumbo weighs a couple bags of concrete more than you.

Damn, no eye poking or ball shots....? I might as well just go ahead n bounce myself off a wall and lay down n play dead then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I used to spar with this 300 lb guy that knew a little about every style you can think of. Everytime I'd kick him, he'd punch my foot. **** man, that hurts after a while and once I can't kick anymore, I'm pretty much done (except for the eye pokin n that, lol). He'd just sit on me and I might as well have been glued to the floor. His idol was Moses Powel... Who's motto was, "If I touch you, you can forget it, I have you!" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Powell http://video.google.com/videop...cid=822978551344707744 <-- taken from the Bruce Lee dedication "Warrior Within" movie.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

well I have found out that when I lost my hard drive here at the shop I also lost a lot of pictures. I managed to dig a few up that made it to my house computer. They suck but here they are all i have left of the few pics i took to begin with. I really should and will in the future get pics throughout my projects.
Name:  before.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  163.0 KB
Name:  handlebarswingarmheadlightfrme.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  160.0 KB
Name:  spindlestierods.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  145.8 KB
I will get the resent pics up in a minute I have to upload them to photobucket.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, photobucket is a good place to backup your pics, but I have heard of the site somehow losing them. Hasn't happened to me though.

Anyway, good to see some fresh pics! Keep em coming!

Btw, hate to bother you,,, but do ya have a 230s crank? I'm just waiting to find a crank so I can send everything off to Vince and put an end to the 230 project. Thanks man!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

still learnin the pic sh&t. I guess i should write something between pics so they dont come up as one and you have to go up and down to move and see the top image becuase it comes out as one pic, thus one slidebar all the way at the bottom. GETTIN THERE.anywho here are some almost finished pics I took tonight. All thats left is the white rear hubs and tires. I took it outside on this stand its on (which has 4 caster wheels on it) and started it for its 4th or 5th start after rebuild and let it get nice and warm. I am hoping to deliver it sunday.
Name:  moto4frontrim.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  103.9 KB
picture1
Name:  moto4fromdriver.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  135.3 KB
picture2
Name:  moto4rightsiderearangle.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  94.5 KB
picture3
Name:  moto4leftsidecenter.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  156.8 KB
picture4
Name:  moto4almostdone.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  159.1 KB
picture5
Name:  moto4withrearrack.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  133.5 KB
picture6
Name:  moto4pipe.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  138.8 KB
picture7
Name:  moto4reardiff.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  112.6 KB
picture9
Name:  moto4silencer.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  95.9 KB
picture10
Name:  mpto4leftfrontalmostdone.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  77.3 KB
picture11
I wish that I had dusted it before these pics some look dull.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

i dont know why the slidebar is still at the bottom. It just makes it harder to see the entire image without saving them to your computer and viewing them that way.

Randy I am sorry to say that my ex partner took both of my spare 230 cranks to the scrapyard. I am picking this running 230 up as soon as I can get my biz back in order. (two weeks tops) and i do not know how nice it is but it is straight enough that this one runs great. If you want it we will work it out and I wont e-bay it. btw you are never a bother, anyone from this thread that needs me I am there if possible. I love this thread and it helped me with my rebuild and all problems I had when I got my 230. I am sure at least one of the things that I needed came from you.

HEY POOLGOD, chear up and keep kickin some a*s. that last note you wrote hit home for me. I used to teach kids at the dojo I attended.I was there for four and a half years before I started teaching. I miss that a lot. I do not talk about it much, seems whenever you tell someone your a blackbelt all they want to do is fight or start fights to watch you finish them. Oh well such is human nature I guess. KEEP ON KEEPIN ON thats what I say, lol.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't see the slide bar because my screen is 1280x1024. Your screen must be 1024x768.

I like that "Turd Polishing 101"! Sounds like my shop... Except I never get around to the polishing part.

How did you get the rims painted so nice without getting paint all over the tires?

That rusty compression release lever kinda sticks out in the pic. Just an observation...

Well, poop! I don't know where to get another crank. I didn't see one on the bay.... Starting to get really turned off on ebay anyway. I bought some steering stem seals the other day. 2 was in the picture and description, but I only got one. So, I emailed.... No response. Man, I don't wanna go thru another ebay dispute over a 2-bit part that I probably didn't need anyway. But the dude not answering me is pissin me off! How long do you think I should wait for a response before I open a dispute? Its already been a few days... I figure by next Tuesday.

Had another guy that had "free shipping" in the title and the description said "free shipping and handling". But at the very bottom it said "$4 for shipping and handling". He said $4 was for handling. WTF? Sounds like a shady character to me. When do you ever pay a separate handling charge in the "real world"? And what ever happened to "The customer is always right"??? No telling how much business he's losing over 4 bucks.

Another guy I bought a steering stem from must have packed it in a wet box with no tape coz I never got it. Had to wait a couple months to get my money back. Turns out I wasn't the only one. His feedback was filled with guys getting a bunch of empty boxes! I guess I got ripped.... No empty box! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

When I ordered swingarm bearings, I got the bearings, but no seals. At least this guy made it right with no trouble. Mistakes happen.... That's understandable. And its good to know the seller will work it out. I can't stand the sellers that bury their heads in the sand.

Bri, you're probably one of the best out there! Its always nice to buy now, pay now, a few days go to the mailbox and everything in the pic is there and shiney!

I don't know who to blame... The sellers have such a hard time with crappy buyers too... Then they get grumpy and cynical. Then I came along and get treated like an idiot or a scam artist. I don't know, the whole damn thing has got me wanting to pay 10-20% more to get parts from bikebandit or rockymountain. If I could just get those guys to price match ebay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

Randy your rants rock. I say to wait til tuesday or wednesday. whatever you do do not let it go past the thirty day mark then pay-pals will not make sure your paid. if you start the dispute within thirty days you always get your money back from pay-pals. the only time the seller wins if he answers the one question right on the dispute board, and that is a valid tracking number. I saw this bottom end with crank http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...d=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

maybe who knows maybe this is what you want. I do have one comin if your in need when I get it. the top end of this is in good shape. It is stock bore and has about 15 hours on a new wiseco I put in for the guy last year.

I thank you for the compliment, I still believe the costumer is always right. I do more typing to keep everyone happy then I am sure most do. I also never have an unanswered question for over twelve hours. the best 230 bearings and new parts on e-bay are in the bikerchicksltd store. they also ship immediately. I order all of my needs that they have from them and my feedback is now just perfect as usual to them. the few rust spots on the moto4 will be takin care of. The guy that left really screwed me on a lot of small things with this bike as well as the scraprun. yesterday he took the entire toolbox full and now I am selling this mojave i am getting for the moto4 and giving him the 600 he invested and keeping the rest. He really screwed himself on this one. I tried to give him more then what he deserved or earned and he still wants to be a jerk. this started when he found out I was not quiting, I am hiring a mechanic to take his place. I am 1000 dollars in debt andwill be paying that all off as soon as he is gone.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, I just emailed him about hammer marks. What are you going to do with the new engine? If it runs are you still going to take it apart? What's your plans? Basically, what I'm getting at is.... Should I buy this one or wait on yours? Its up to you.

I hate one-line-replies too. Leaves me with the impression that they're not going to do me any favors! Me... I'd like to think I would understand that someone in the market for a crank would want to check it out a little. I'd volunteer a little more info than, "No hammer marks." Maybe something like, "No hammer marks that I can see. The rod is a bit loose though. I spun the crank, it doesn't seem bent. Let me know if you need anything else."

Its not how much money you have, its about how much you can make tomorrow.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

are you looking for a whole motor? I was kinda planning on selling the jug seperate with the piston and then the valves and cap as another sale. the bottom end I usually check out the clutch and see if it is worth selling as good or as a basket and parts. I will be riding this for a weekend before it gets parted so as I can accurately answer questions and know what is up with it. ANYONE HERE CAN LET ME KNOw IF THEY HAVE NEEDS BEFORE I LIST ANYTHING! sorry randy asked first so he has first dibs on what he wants. (lol) I talked to the owner today and have an appt. to pick it up friday at noon while he is home for his lunch hour.

I hired a guy for the shop who am familiar with, but is not a good friend. he is working for commision as well, so thats even better for me. the more he gets done the better he is paid, best incintive out there.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't think I really want a whole motor, unless for some reason the price was insanely cheap... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All I really need is the crank. I was just thinking about that one on ebay because it was the only way I could get the crank. Its really more than I wanted and more than I wanted to spend. Anyway, I can wait another week or so if it will save a few bucks.

I could use the tie-rods too. Not the ends, just the rods, lol. I need them for an a-arm widening project.

My buddy needs a magneto cover for his son's 230. Remember I told you the front sprocket came off for no reason? But that's a big money item on ebay, so I told him not to expect a deal there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hope the new guy works out. Commision sounds like a good way to increase productivity. It always worked when people used it on me, lol.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.