Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: quicklt230

Hey guys have another question i got my taxes back ching ching......i have my bike going into to shop to get carb tuned and was wondering about two things is there a company that will elimate the stock air box and put a ram air or filter set up alone?...and also long travel a arms ?......i know both of these were probaly already posted some where in these 262 pages ...i have some 6 inch total spacers on the way already for the back</end quote></div>

I think most guys just put a kn filter in the airbox and leave the lid off. I haven't seen any ram air or anything like that. One guy put a turbo on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwlBdbUftGY

There are no aftermarket arms either. You have to make your own or try to get something from another quad to work.

Once the 400's came out, companies stopped making anything cool for the 230... If they ever did in the first place.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

It was kind of fun with the cold weather though cause we were out and about in shorts and t-shirts and all the Arizonans thought it was the apocalypse, all bundled up and stuff!</end quote></div>

I was raised in Phoenix and it was always funny when the Ohio, Alabama, etc relatives would come for xmas. We were freezing to death, and it was in the 50's! All the kin were in our swimming pool, walking around in flip flops!!!
And on the flip side after you live in Phx for a few years you don't notice the heat in the summer till it gets over 115!

I don't know how ya all can handle heat+humidity??

Old 02-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Everything is poised to go up, so long as no more disasters happen. And it would help if congress and Obama would stay off the tv for a while and quit reminding everybody this could turn into the next great depression. Nobody is buying anything with talk like that all the time.</end quote></div>

I agree.
But I don't think the market has seen the bottom yet.. This is based on just gut feeling, nothing more. just a hunch....

Old 02-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: quicklt230

Hey guys have another question i got my taxes back ching ching......i have my bike going into to shop to get carb tuned and was wondering about two things is there a company that will elimate the stock air box and put a ram air or filter set up alone?...and also long travel a arms ?......i know both of these were probaly already posted some where in these 262 pages ...i have some 6 inch total spacers on the way already for the back</end quote></div>

K&N has a selection of universal clamp on filters, just take the air box off and measure the outside diameter of the carb so you get the correct size. Get the outerwears sock for it at the same time.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Everything is poised to go up, so long as no more disasters happen. And it would help if congress and Obama would stay off the tv for a while and quit reminding everybody this could turn into the next great depression. Nobody is buying anything with talk like that all the time.</end quote></div>

I agree.

But I don't think the market has seen the bottom yet.. This is based on just gut feeling, nothing more. just a hunch....</end quote></div>

Oh ****... Gut feelings trump a whole room of high-paid phd analyst's opinions! A guy on that CNBC documentary "House of Cards" made a billion dollars betting against the mortgage industry on little more than a gut feeling. A Billion Dollars! Profit!

My gut feelings are numbed by too much information. The only feeling my gut has concerning the market is butterflies and battery acid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230
I don't know how ya all can handle heat+humidity??</end quote></div>

Air Conditioning!

I'm a puss when it comes to heat. To me, anything over 80 is hot! I keep a little $8 kids pool full of water in the summer so I can dunk my head and arms in to cool off when I have to work outside. It doubles as a bigass water-dish for the animals around here too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we get -20 up to 100-110F sometimes, plus humidity. anything is possible here it is just nothing is consistant.

I believe UNI has mutiple types of clamp on filters.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UGLY88

we get -20 up to 100-110F sometimes, plus humidity. anything is possible here it is just nothing is consistant.</end quote></div>

That's one thing I didn't care for in OH. When I got my first car with digital thermometer, it read -10 to 105 in a matter of 6 months or so!

Here, its slightly cooler in max temps by a degree or two, but hot for longer per year. And the winter is only a couple months. Most of the year is comfortable and even in the summer when its really hot, the nights are awesome. The big problem here weather-wise has been rain. Either we get too much or we go months with none.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I believe UNI has mutiple types of clamp on filters. </end quote></div>

Clamp-ons present lots of jetting challenges (unless the clamp-on is small, in which case, why bother?). The Dial-a-jet tech guy clued me into why they sell little adjustable vents for airboxes. Unles you have a supplemental fuel injection system, you need an airbox or some kind of airflow resistance. Which is why I can't get the 32mm carb to work with my clamp-on. Even the 28 was a challenge and it has a bored-out dial-a-jet on its richest setting!

Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

How are all you engineers with math? Any good? Anyone like a good puzzle every now n then?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

How are all you engineers with math? Any good? Anyone like a good puzzle every now n then?</end quote></div>

I like a good puzzle, but math is my downfall! Probably why I aint an engineer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.