Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fujative06

well i was riding the 230 today and i was going along and then she seized i think. because now i cant kick it over or dump the clutch to get it going anyone got any tips?</end quote></div>

Piston ring probably welded itself to the cylinder. You can try to break it loose and make sure you have oil, but it will probably happen again. Might be time to take it apart n see.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah it had plenty of oil when i started out but it burns oil badly but i doubt it would have burnt off enough to cause it to freeze up. what else could have caused it? i also only payed a 100 bucks for it and at the moment i dont have alot to put into it

Old 03-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Since I am worthless in the quad info department......... FISH.... If you gotta dip in something to make it edible, you really shouldn't eat it, cause it ain't fresh!

Speaking of, we are eating halibut and salmon sashimi tonight for dinner.. Taste like I caught it yesterday, even though it will be one year old in July!!! Fresh from my Alaska fishing trip! Dang, foodsavers are friggen AWESOME!!!!

I am with you on the no Ketchup thing... I went to Europe when I was a kid, anything fried, gets mayo on the side! I swear it is a "different" kind of mayo, and gosh does it make a potato taste goood![IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Man, that halibut and salmon sounds good! [IMG]i/expressions/wine.gif" border="0[/IMG]

When that runs out, Walmart has some decent frozen perch. They come in a bag of 5 or 6 individually sealed bags for about $3.50. Its not bad fried with butter and some basil. Serve with corn, asparagus, broccoli, or something along those lines.</end quote></div>

We just caught a mess of red eared perch on Sunday.. Gonna fry those lil things up tomorrow!
And yes, as strange as it sounds, the "butts" and "reds" tasted like we just landed them!

Tommorrow, fried brim, with greens, vinegar, corn on the cob, and hush puppies!!!!!!! The south lives in NoCal!!![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The fact that it burned oil is enough to cause it. I've read that before. I think by this guy: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Since I am worthless in the quad info department......... FISH.... If you gotta dip in something to make it edible, you really shouldn't eat it, cause it ain't fresh!

Speaking of, we are eating halibut and salmon sashimi tonight for dinner.. Taste like I caught it yesterday, even though it will be one year old in July!!! Fresh from my Alaska fishing trip! Dang, foodsavers are friggen AWESOME!!!!

I am with you on the no Ketchup thing... I went to Europe when I was a kid, anything fried, gets mayo on the side! I swear it is a "different" kind of mayo, and gosh does it make a potato taste goood![IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Man, that halibut and salmon sounds good! [IMG]i/expressions/wine.gif" border="0[/IMG]

When that runs out, Walmart has some decent frozen perch. They come in a bag of 5 or 6 individually sealed bags for about $3.50. Its not bad fried with butter and some basil. Serve with corn, asparagus, broccoli, or something along those lines.</end quote></div>

We just caught a mess of red eared perch on Sunday.. Gonna fry those lil things up tomorrow!

And yes, as strange as it sounds, the "butts" and "reds" tasted like we just landed them!

Tommorrow, fried brim, with greens, vinegar, corn on the cob, and hush puppies!!!!!!! The south lives in NoCal!!![IMG]i/expressions/beer.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sounds great! Can't wait for summer! I guess fish just don't bite when its cold around here. I might try again in another month or so. In the mean time, I fish at walmart. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

The fish up here bite when its cold! Its called ice fishing! And its not a ton of fun to be honest. Especially when its as cold as it was this winter.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Well, kinda seems like that mini bike would stay a minibike for a while if I get it, haha! Rough sum of all the parts to make it a trike add up to around $400! Thats including the $189 torque converter though. So I guess its not too bad, but its still bad enough!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

The fish up here bite when its cold! Its called ice fishing! And its not a ton of fun to be honest. Especially when its as cold as it was this winter.</end quote></div>

Like I said, I was beating the fish on the head with bread and worms and they wouldn't bite it. They swim over n look, then turn and swim away. If I'd had a .22 and a net, I'd have a truck load!

I've heard of people ice fishing, but I've never done it. I've never fished when its cold.... Probably because its too cold.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

Well, kinda seems like that mini bike would stay a minibike for a while if I get it, haha! Rough sum of all the parts to make it a trike add up to around $400! Thats including the $189 torque converter though. So I guess its not too bad, but its still bad enough!</end quote></div>

I'd just buy a trike. They should be pretty cheap these days for a 110 or something.

Only fabricate if you're doing something cool.... Like a 350 v8!

Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Whats up! I sent vince an email about the 28mm flatside carb he had on his website for my 87 230E and turns out they are only doin crank rebuilds,you guys probably new that.Anyway I would like to get a better carb for my 230 cuz the one on the bike has been rebuilt twice. The 230 is all stock at the moment. Where else can I get one? One more question,are all 230's interchangeable parts wise? I'm trying to figure out what parts from other quads will work Thanx guys!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.