Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: nedflanders
Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Im still thinking about it. Im still wondering if 2 12 volts would be better than 2 6 volts. They are going to cost about the same. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MWQ, without a doubt, the 2-6V are better. The batteries are rated on how long they last based on a 20 or 25 AMP draw. the 2-6V last something like 420 minutes. The BEST 12V deep cycle is about 160-180 minutes, so 2 of them would only give you 360 minutes, max. The 6V have bigger plates. You have to watch the water level on them. I found leaving ours plugged in all the time to the RV charging system would overcharge them and bring down the water level. so i just charge them as needed.
On my Interstate 6 volts, they say to charge them every 30 days if not being used. Like Confused said, I charge them as needed, so in my case around every 3 months or so. Haven't had a problem with them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Since you are into imported things from Asian countries check at Kipor brand generators. They make an inverter generator that's on par with the Honda inverters, and gets good reviews as well. 3500 model is rated at 56-62dBA. Goes for about 1300 though. Which is like 1/2 what a Honda would set you back. Depends on if you want/need the A/C.
I bought 1 chinese quad and was given 3 more and a dirt bike. I ride a KTM for gosh sakes!!! LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My wife NEEDS the A/C. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll check them out though, at that price it cant be made in the same place as the quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
[

Trojan T5 is the "standard" pretty much. But I remember hearing a lot of people getting the Costco Kirkland brands for much less. I'd say check the "local" Costco or a battery dealer.
Im going to look around this weekend. im convinced 6v is the way to go.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I recommend the 2 6's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

From the looks of his previous jobs and recommendations from fellow customers I know, he is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The new 5th wheel pin box will be moving the king pin forward about 13 inches.

I am sure we can. Moving my brother's jeep to my house to help take off the rear axle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not sure what is wrong, but he says that's what we need to do to replace the part that's broke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Done deal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That is good, definitely wouldnt want that to break free. That would be scary. Does the 13" affect how it feels in the truck bed?

Right now Im planning on being at the shop sat/mon. Hopefully it wont be too hot. I havnt been there too much and need to clean up a little and I have a Jetmoto nerf bar project too. And about 50 other projects when I finish that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Are you going to be fixing the jeep this weekend too?

Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I am sure we all have the same feelings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] And yes you have[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im sure too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Hmm, see if you can find what the decibles are. I would think it'd be loud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Had a couple of friends that built wooden boxes around them and faced them away from the trailers at around 50 feet. Still loud in the forest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] One even tried fabricating a new quieter muffler for it. Worked alright in the valley, but up in elevation, he had a heck of a time with it running[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] finally yanked the muffler off.
I think I have a businsess card from the guy who had it. Maybe Ill call and talk to his wife. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

On my Interstate 6 volts, they say to charge them every 30 days if not being used. Like Confused said, I charge them as needed, so in my case around every 3 months or so. Haven't had a problem with them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Im guessing if it was hooked to my solar charging deal and kept at a full charge that would be OK? Or should I disconnect it from the system until about a week before I go camping? Im not too sharp with this electrical stuff.

I had my F350 looked at, the low pressure switch on the A/C went out. $25.00. Yippeeee!!!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

Gonna put some pics up today of the new f-450 I'll be picking up this morning.....I maintain our trucks and hope this one is not a problem being the 6.0L

Old 08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Showing my lack of diesel knowledge......Is the 6.0 another new design from Ford?

Old 08-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yep...they been using it a few years but are switching next year.....I think to a 6.4L?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel