Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Yeh, I know. Toyo/ Festis/ One fly is kinda in reverse most of the time but I still think he's been dropped on his head a couple of times too many [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I agree...Festis is kind of queer...that's homo talk for odd.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Hi PSD, In case you havnt heard. My son and I got laid off (fired) 1 week or so ago. Then a couple days later, we got hired by our former boss's, former partner. The new job is so much better than the old one. This is one of the few companies that actualy does care about their employees. Im too busy to post all day, but the day sure goes by fast.

RD, Im going to be at carnegie this Sunday with the 250 Jetmoto quad if you and the girls are interested. Its #2 of 6 in the country right now. Id like to run the quad 6-8 hours straight.
Sorry to hear about getting laid off. I've been there, and it hurts. However, it sounds like you landed on your feet. I think most companies couldn't give a flying $hit about any of thier employees. The owners / share holders are greedy. I should know, Warren Buffet owns my company.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I did take the truck in for some service today, front ends been shaky, found out the ball joints have excessive play in them, especially the left side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyone know of any good aftermarket ball joints? I'd be looking, also need to get the brakes done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] on top of that, PSD's going into the body shop next week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to fix the wife's damages[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Most of the aftermarket balljoints are good. I prefer Moog if available. Do yourself a favor while doing the brakes and flush out the Hyd. system with new fluid. This is one of the most over looked item and you can benefit the most from, essp. towing all the time.
I seem to be finding Moog almost everywhere I look. I take it get the ones that can be greased? Is this something that I can tackle in the garage? Or is it best to have a mech do it? Also, is there anything else I should replace while I am at it? I know that can be a bad question to ask[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And thanks for the tip on the Hyd system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know I would do it but have replaced them many times for a living. I don't know your abilty but I'm willing to bet you can get 'r done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Check the wheel bearing before you take it apart and then do a check after you tear it down. Replace the grease seals, sand down and grease the caliper slides, and check all the other bushings while your under there.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Yeh, I know. Toyo/ Festis/ One fly is kinda in reverse most of the time but I still think he's been dropped on his head a couple of times too many [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I agree...Festis is kind of queer...that's homo talk for odd.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

He would think it means something else since he lives in the great lib blue state of Washington [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Quad Patrol

I did take the truck in for some service today, front ends been shaky, found out the ball joints have excessive play in them, especially the left side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyone know of any good aftermarket ball joints? I'd be looking, also need to get the brakes done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] on top of that, PSD's going into the body shop next week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to fix the wife's damages[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Most of the aftermarket balljoints are good. I prefer Moog if available. Do yourself a favor while doing the brakes and flush out the Hyd. system with new fluid. This is one of the most over looked item and you can benefit the most from, essp. towing all the time.
I seem to be finding Moog almost everywhere I look. I take it get the ones that can be greased? Is this something that I can tackle in the garage? Or is it best to have a mech do it? Also, is there anything else I should replace while I am at it? I know that can be a bad question to ask[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And thanks for the tip on the Hyd system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know I would do it but have replaced them many times for a living. I don't know your abilty but I'm willing to bet you can get 'r done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Check the wheel bearing before you take it apart and then do a check after you tear it down. Replace the grease seals, sand down and grease the caliper slides, and check all the other bushings while your under there.

LOL! I think I will get r' done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like some good advice to follow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater

He would think it means something else since he lives in the great lib blue state of Washington [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Maybe that mouth shouldn't be open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] never know what might invite itself inside[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

LJ, I see your over at dieselstop forum also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You sure thats me?
Login Name/Password not found.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I lurk over there.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Um anyone know how/if i can get my username changed on here?!?! To "XC Rider" if at all possible... Im changing all my names on the boards that i can over to that....

Old 10-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, im thinking about getting a personalized plate for my GT.. Should i get "XC RIDER" or "1S1CKGT"? The GT one would make alot more sence. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 04:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Ok, im thinking about getting a personalized plate for my GT.. Should i get "XC RIDER" or "1S1CKGT"? The GT one would make alot more sence. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Id go with "R U 18"

Your young enough to get away with it, but stay away from RD's daughters. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

The LORD works in mysterious ways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

6-8 hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] your butt sure is going to be sore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll have to see what's on the agenda, If I have my trailer by then, maybe it'll be it's maiden voyage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You stiill up for Pismo on the Oct 21/22?
Most of the time.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have a few riders lined up. Im even taking my KTM. I got your PM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

The new job and my deal at the Jetmoto Dealership in Oakdale has taken out most of my weekends for a while.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel