Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Rumor has it they saw Hoss pan handling on the street corner with a sign that read: Need money for PSD tranny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LMAO! I was on the corner selling my goods.

Sorry fellers, the past couple of weeks have been a blur (working long hours).

Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]Whitewater[/bLMAO! I was on the corner selling my goods.

Got change for a quarter???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Well guys I got some bad work news. Coworker was killed in an MC accident in the foothills north of town riding after work.

Was looking forward to playing airsoft this weekend, now it's like whatever. My bro is taking it pretty hard. He liked the guy, but didn't like working him a lot. One coworker went by the office and said the boss was just sitting in his office completely blank.
So sorry to hear that sad news. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and his family

Old 04-28-2006, 02:25 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Well guys I got some bad work news. Coworker was killed in an MC accident in the foothills north of town riding after work.

Was looking forward to playing airsoft this weekend, now it's like whatever. My bro is taking it pretty hard. He liked the guy, but didn't like working him a lot. One coworker went by the office and said the boss was just sitting in his office completely blank.
Thats a bummer B&RW! Very sad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

My oldest son just got home from the hospital, saying goodbye to one of his HS buddies. Kids 19, got a enlarged heart(basket ball sized) and his liver is shut down. Meth got another one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

wow skinner, that's a bitter irony. on one hand we're talking about being worked like a dog, not getting quality time/family time, etc...then your co-worker dies. almost wonder if you guys all work that hard/those kinda hours, if somehow the guy might not have been as alert as normal, or just a little fatigued & what role that played in his death?? still a tragedy, and hopefully some good will come from it, like your $$-driven boss realizing there's more to life.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:37 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: nedflanders
wow skinner, that's a bitter irony. on one hand we're talking about being worked like a dog, not getting quality time/family time, etc...then your co-worker dies. almost wonder if you guys all work that hard/those kinda hours, if somehow the guy might not have been as alert as normal, or just a little fatigued & what role that played in his death?? still a tragedy, and hopefully some good will come from it, like your $$-driven boss realizing there's more to life.
They've only been working 8 hrs (6a-2:30). Job is 30 min south of town. Accident happened at 3:30 according to the news. I don't think fatigue had any play in it. From what else they said, he was "distracted" and went a little off the roadway. Bike was fishtailing when he came back on the road. Not sure what then happened, but he went over the side of the road. LJ would probably be the only one who knows, but it happened on Sky Harbour Rd which overlooks Millertain Lake. My guess is if he was distracted, he was looking at the lake. It can be very beautiful along that drive.

From what I could tell, he was riding his regular harley. Didn't look long enough to be the custom bike. The custom is like 11' long.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Thats a bummer B&RW! Very sad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

My oldest son just got home from the hospital, saying goodbye to one of his HS buddies. Kids 19, got a enlarged heart(basket ball sized) and his liver is shut down. Meth got another one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I lost 7 pretty close friends due to street bike collisions before they all turned 25. Not one was at fault. Mostly speeding, blowing through red lights, and an illegal that was drunk and then tried to run after killing 2 people.
He ran into a small problem though. The first person to catch him was the bigger brother of the driver that was killed

Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Prety slow weekend around here it looks like....

Well the airsoft game was kick@ss. It was completely overcast with a little drizzle.

Saw a couple of interesting things on the way over. One, San Luis Resevoir is higher than I've EVER seen it. Probably 5' from the lowest sections of 152. Can't even see high water lines, it's at or above them. Fullest I've ever seen it. O'Neil forebay though, looked low for some reason.

Now here's the sight from the "Oh **** that's gotta suck dept." Stopped for a rest and munchie grab at Case de Fruita (LJ, MD and MWQ know this place). So I get back on and am prepared to make the worst left turn known to man (highway 152 to 156 west) and see traffic is backed up to Walnut (the left BEFORE 156.) Hmm...idiots are in the wrong lanes (left turn lane to Walnut) so I slip by a few (now VERY unhappy people...hey, I thought you were turning on Walnut [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). Anyways...I'm sitting there, nut much traffic going the other way...WTF is taking so long... So I said fsck this and jumped out and figured 1) got to Gilroy and take 101 south, or hit 25 and come back to 156 (we were staying in Salinas). Well, what do I see when I get to the corner...about an 8 axle low-boy with a huge crane on it, high-centered on the corner. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He was a little too low for that left turn.

They got it unstuck as it wasn't there on the trip home last night.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Check out mah pics page....

And:
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/76/102/48380.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/76/102/48377.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/76/102/48381.jpg

Anyways..... Been workin and jeepin....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, Sorry to hear about the loss of your co-worker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel