Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: Trasher
We parted ways yesterday. I wanted to find something before but it didn't work out that way. Got a couple of nice ones lined up and just have to go through the process.
Have a friend who might be moving down your way. He's interviewing tomorrow for a job.

He's tired of the BS at his current civic employer.
I wish him good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This is the thing I can't stand about job hunting. All the BS you have to go through. Some of the employers think they are hiring for the president with all the tests and questions that are thrown at you. I get a kick at all the PC tests and surveys that a couple of companys use. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
This guy anyone should be happy to hire. Only low spot for him is he didn't finish his Bachelor's degree. I hate to see him move away as he's a great addition to our Linux group, but his family and sanity come first.
I wish him luck. Family was the biggest reason why I needed to change. I want to be able to see the kids grow up and I happen to be one of those wierd parents that enjoy the kids and want to be a big part of their lives. It's pretty hard to do while your two states away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I wish him luck. Family was the biggest reason why I needed to change. I want to be able to see the kids grow up and I happen to be one of those wierd parents that enjoy the kids and want to be a big part of their lives. It's pretty hard to do while your two states away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Me too. He got a line on a job here with a company. They told him they wanted to bring him in for an interview, then he heard from another member who's employed there that they already filled the position. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

He's definately into the family thing. It comes first.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Quad Patrol

I can't agree enough with you guys about family coming first[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I can speak from experience that it's very easy to put your working family first and forget about the family that really matters most. I did that for many years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I really think that is the reason why I was seriously injured at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] It opened my eyes on what really is important in life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now of course, I still miss it and am thinking about going back into the field or at least back in the public sector. Need to talk to the wife though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Pretty sure she'll tell me to pound sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

I saw one of these on tv..
Jackpot!
Now i want one in Black.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
$17,000 though.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Edit here i built one in black. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Back in Black!

Old 08-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

you have expensive tastes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

We parted ways yesterday. I wanted to find something before but it didn't work out that way. Got a couple of nice ones lined up and just have to go through the process.
Have a friend who might be moving down your way. He's interviewing tomorrow for a job.

He's tired of the BS at his current civic employer.
I wish him good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] This is the thing I can't stand about job hunting. All the BS you have to go through. Some of the employers think they are hiring for the president with all the tests and questions that are thrown at you. I get a kick at all the PC tests and surveys that a couple of companys use. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Did diebold make any of them machines? LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Quad Patrol

you have expensive tastes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
He does seem a little high maintenance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] doesn't he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Well I was out on the truck again today. I have to say the pogostick really suprised me today. Not sure how, but somehow I managed 8.77MPG! That was for the round trip. I need to check each leg. Though I did run through about 18 gallons and change for 169.8 miles. That's between 8.98 and 9.4 MPG. Was pretty light going over towing the tandam axle hydraulic with the cruise, running 55-60 the entire way. Well, 'cept climbing Pacheco. Coming back I had a Ditch Witch in the trailer, tugger in a big steal box and some empty wire spools. No tach but she was spinning pretty good in 2nd coming back climbing pass. 35 min, up to about 55 on the less steep spots. Though I did crawl for about 4 miles through Prunedale...they (CalTrans) was pruning the trees. Took me probably 20 minutes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Mileage was hand calced, well, calced with a calculator. LOL. And I looked and found out it's a 4.63 rear. Always thought it was a 4.88.

I must say that it REALLY impressed me today. I've gotten mid-8s w/o a trailer. Guess it was keeping her slow and using the cruise. Though I think the speedo is off. I had it set at about 62, hit the radar at Prunedale and said I was doing 57. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I think I was more impressed climbing. I figured it for another 1st gear screamer at 20MPH. LOL Though actually watching the fuel gauge move DIDN'T suprise me.

Now if the boss would only buy a new truck with a PSD (F-550) or CAT (F-650) under the hood. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Quad Patrol

When we went to the concert Saturday night, I filled up the next morning and I got 20+ mpg on the way to and from Sacramento[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Needless to say, I was very surprised. Last time I got mileage like that, it was on a trip home from Idaho. I really can't figure out why the big jump[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Driving habits really haven't changed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Only changed the air filter about a month ago and I always top the truck off when I fill it up, so, it can't be I short change the tank after I filled up. Hhmmm!!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Catch a tailwind? Any difference in the tires? New? Freshly topped off so they are at max PSI?

I think part of it this time may have been I was quick to kill the cruise control in the hills and did a lot of locking out OD sooner. That was making a HUGE difference on coolant temp. With the flat bed you never know if you get it topped off or not. More often then not you end up wearing some. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Going down a forgot to flip the switch and pretty much emptied the tank. They are 18 gal and I put in nearly 19, IIRC. But the filler pipe is horizontal and 2+ feet long. And for some reason, we don't lose as much at Chevron stations. The handle's work better I guess. Longer tube maybe. Both fillups today were minimal spillage though.

I almost hit the scale at the winery just to see where I was. LOL Not sure if it would have tweaked them or not to do that.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel