Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: Trasher

I'm glad it's working out for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You have to work on Fridays?? You need to get that changed quick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Me too!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I work everyother friday. We do a 9/80 deal here. 9hrs a day mon thru thurs and 8 every other friday. The other friday we get off. Last week was the 36 hour week and then we got Friday off. Its not 4/10's but its real close.
I once had hours like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I try every few weeks or so to talk my manager into those type of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, he just laughs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think more would get done by working us 10 hours a day, 4 days a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We just finished a job for our bakersfield office, 4 of us finished a job that was 2 months behind in just over 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even worked 7 hours Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 04:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

That's cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] about the job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If your not getting a paycheck$ time to move on and start making some at your own place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I was getting paid at the dealership.....just not a lot compared to my usual per hour rate. Main problem was lack of time. i need to get the CNC mill wired up. I did tell you i bought a cnc mill didnt I?

Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I once had hours like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I try every few weeks or so to talk my manager into those type of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, he just laughs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think more would get done by working us 10 hours a day, 4 days a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We just finished a job for our bakersfield office, 4 of us finished a job that was 2 months behind in just over 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Even worked 7 hours Sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
The 9/80 is a decent compromise.

Probubly got a decent bonus for that....huh? OK probubly not.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Quad Patrol

4 Bilstien shocks
I put a set of those on my F350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I like the ride, but still wander a little bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Probably need to replace an arm or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, the wife will take an arm or two of mine if I spend anymore money on the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I finally got her ding fixed last week too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Looks better than new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Quad Patrol

That's cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] about the job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If your not getting a paycheck$ time to move on and start making some at your own place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I was getting paid at the dealership.....just not a lot compared to my usual per hour rate. Main problem was lack of time. i need to get the CNC mill wired up. I did tell you i bought a cnc mill didnt I?
You mentioned it, somewhere from the midstates, IIRC.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Quad Patrol

The 9/80 is a decent compromise.

Probubly got a decent bonus for that....huh? OK probubly not.
You a funny man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bonus's don't come out until Februarish, so, hopefully it's more than just enough to buy a happy meal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Quad Patrol

I was getting paid at the dealership...?
What time you going to be at the shop on Sat? Maybe I'll try to swing by.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused one, Tomorrow I get to meet a fellow canadian of yours. Our CEO is coming down from Edmonton to have a meeting with us for a few hours.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
I had to pull my rear axles with a specialty socket, in order to get at rear rotors. I have the same set up for e-brake as what toyo is describing. I must destroy my ebrake shoes FAST, cuz I always drive away with the ebrake on (for short durations).

as for BJs (that's ball joints), you need a special press to get those out, and to press new ones in. on my quad, I was able to use some large sockets and my bench vise pressing the lowers into the steering knuckle, but i don't think that'd work on the PSD.

check the U-joints aswell, and the front suspension arms (not the steering stabilizer, but the part near it). all that stuff needs replacing on mine, but i got ZERO cash. so i'll just wear my tires goofy for now. Hey, where'd ya buy the ball joints, and what did you pay?? any great internet deals I should know about?? this will be my 3rd set in 75,000 miles, so I'm not real confident in Ford's factory parts. That sounds about right; they're worn out in 25,000 miles.

Now, after that and getting the trailer, I need Trasher's $$$ to go play[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Trust me on this one- Trasher doesn't have any more $$$$. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Being off work for so long and having to get things done around the house has left me without funds big time. Working 2 jobs now just to get back on track. My oldest will be starting college, christmas, life, etc..................(golf) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Quad Patrol

Finally got our trailer and towed it with the PSD back to where we store it, found out 4 inches between the bottom of the trailer and top of the bed rails is not enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now I am looking for taller arms for the 5th wheel hitch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] either that, or I have to have some custom fabrication done to get 6+inches between the two vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so I don't mess up my bed.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel