Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Left the hotel this morning and walked out to the G to find a ticket on the window. No front plate. Going to have to donate $51.00 to the Buena Park police dept.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] Really ticks me off........ Come on now, don't they have anything better to do than cruise hotel parking lots[img][/img]

I have 5 vehicles and 3 don't have front plates. Been doing that for many years and never have been popped until now. Really ticks me off (did I mention that already?)[img][/img]</end quote></div>

LJ got that ticket too.

Boss recently bought an Audi A8 for his wife. They don't even offer a mounting bracket for the front plate. "So you guys sold me a car that's not even legal in the state of California?" No ticket yet. So he mounted the plate on a spare bumper he got that was SUPPOSED to have a bracket...it didn't.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Updated my pictures[IMG][/IMG] Even have some goodies for the FBK thread[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sweet[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I don't get the one pic with the quad flipped over. The trail looked pretty tame right there. Maybe I am missing something[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border="0[/IMG] I tend to do that alot[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

LOL!!

No, It's not you [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] the thing that is missing is the end of the sentence, it was cut off[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] What it should say was there was a BFR or translated ( big freaking rock[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]) in the trail that she hit doing around 30mph. It was funny watching her at first, I thought she was doing some trick riding[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] but then, she just layed it down. She was mad at me because I blew past her and wanted to save the quad from going down the side of the mountain[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] there was a good drop-off to the right. Luckily it went left and over turned as you see it.</end quote></div>

Do the Z's make a horrible sound when running upside down? I know Warriors do. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

From our experiences no, they don't. Only thing I remember hearing on yours was a "thump" [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] LOL! J/K</end quote></div>

haha funny. No, I rolled it within a few months of getting it...screwing around.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Creator, isn't it time you posted some pictures? Your mug can't be that bad[IMG][/IMG] Look, I didn't even crash the server[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

You haven't seen it yet[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I should do that but most of the time I am surfing here it's from my work lap top and I don't have pics on this computer.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I will try to get a page up soon.</end quote></div>

If you show up to Pismo over Thanksgiving[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] to visit your son[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] I'll take all kinds of pictures of you[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] Good and bad[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG] and post them all over the internet[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] LOL!</end quote></div>

Scary thought[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Quad Patrol

Boss recently bought an Audi A8 for his wife. They don't even offer a mounting bracket for the front plate. "So you guys sold me a car that's not even legal in the state of California?" No ticket yet. So he mounted the plate on a spare bumper he got that was SUPPOSED to have a bracket...it didn't.</end quote></div>

Jettas have the same thing, no place to mount a front plate. However, for around $70 or so (IIRC) you can by a kit (for the Jetta) from the dealer to make your car legal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] That's wrong! Might be the same for the Audi. Of course, there is some drilling involved.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Quad Patrol

Updated my pictures[IMG][/IMG] Even have some goodies for the FBK thread[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sweet[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I don't get the one pic with the quad flipped over. The trail looked pretty tame right there. Maybe I am missing something[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border="0[/IMG] I tend to do that alot[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

LOL!!

No, It's not you [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] the thing that is missing is the end of the sentence, it was cut off[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG] What it should say was there was a BFR or translated ( big freaking rock[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]) in the trail that she hit doing around 30mph. It was funny watching her at first, I thought she was doing some trick riding[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] but then, she just layed it down. She was mad at me because I blew past her and wanted to save the quad from going down the side of the mountain[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] there was a good drop-off to the right. Luckily it went left and over turned as you see it.</end quote></div>

Do the Z's make a horrible sound when running upside down? I know Warriors do. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

From our experiences no, they don't. Only thing I remember hearing on yours was a "thump" [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] LOL! J/K</end quote></div>

haha funny. No, I rolled it within a few months of getting it...screwing around.</end quote></div>

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It was funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Quad Patrol

If you show up to Pismo over Thanksgiving[img][/img] to visit your son[img][/img] I'll take all kinds of pictures of you[img][/img] Good and bad[img][/img] and post them all over the internet[img][/img] LOL!</end quote></div>

Scary thought[img][/img] [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I know, might have to use a polaroid camera to take the pictures, just so our expensive cameras won't break[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

If you show up to Pismo over Thanksgiving[IMG][/IMG] to visit your son[IMG][/IMG] I'll take all kinds of pictures of you[IMG][/IMG] Good and bad[IMG][/IMG] and post them all over the internet[IMG][/IMG] LOL!</end quote></div>

Scary thought[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I know, might have to use a polaroid camera to take the pictures, just so our expensive cameras won't break[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I put together a quick page and posted one picture.(not of me)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A couple of others I found in a email are too big to be uploaded. I need to find out how to re-size it to fit the limit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Hey, I just sell software but don't know how to use it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Quad Patrol

LOL! I call my daughter over when I need to re-size photos[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, last night I did figure out how to do it on this iMac[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have a front plate mounted on the danger stang now either and even after getting pulled over in it i still havent gotten busted for NFP.. But, if i do im just going to temp mount it with doublesided foam tape cause theres NO WAY in HAIL im gonna drill holes in that bumper.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

I dont have a front plate mounted on the danger stang now either and even after getting pulled over in it i still havent gotten busted for NFP.. But, if i do im just going to temp mount it with doublesided foam tape cause theres NO WAY in HAIL im gonna drill holes in that bumper.</end quote></div>

LOL! well then don't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Have a Ford tech do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I understand what your saying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think on smaller cars with fiberglass/plastic front ends its different. I also think the state should come down on the manufacturers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for selling cars that do not meet the state requirements for vehicles being able to bolt on 2 license plates. Of course mine does, I just elect not to run a front plate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel