Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Hey RD, Just wanted to let you know that the forest service/whoever has been stocking all the creeks/rivers up here with fishies. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Really!!! Can I fit my 36 footer in at Miami?

We're headed to Dardanelles tomorrow for the weekend. We won't be riding our quads. Just hanging with friends before they go on their yearly 2 month trek to Elk Camp in Oregon. Then, in 2 weeks we're suppose to go above Jackson for 4-5 days. That will be a fishing/slash quad riding trip[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Im betting that Miami creek is probably dry. haha
Theyre stocking all the creeks and rivers above bass lake.. Its in the paper up here a few times a week saying when they do it. And i was up there last week when they were.
Ive been scouting out campgrounds with my mom looking for nice ones with room for "large" trailers and lots of riding available.. The only issue is that some of them are not easily accessible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

LJ, over on the Club ATV site, I see you have posted in the weekend ride thread about Strawberry lake. How familiar are you with that area? Might be worth the drive to check out the areas that were linked to the thread. To bad the links show the forest service website is down[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Ive never even been up there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

But im familiar enough with google and USGS maps to find my way around..

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://store.usgs.gov/locator/?store_url=http://store.usgs.gov/scripts/wgate/zww2075a26803/~flNlc3Npb249UFJEOklHU0tBSENJR1NTQVAwMjowMDAwLjAwM DcuMmY4MGM2NmUuM2UxMiZ*aHR0cF9jb250ZW50X2NoYXJzZXQ 9aXNvLTg4NTktMSZ*U3RhdGU9MjA4MDcuMDAxLjAyLjA1====? ~okcode=SESH
">http://store.usgs.gov/locator/...==?~okcode=SESH
</a>

YOu can download Full USGS topo maps in PDF using that link.. Theyre around 10 megs each..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I thought the Prodigy was supposed to be the best of the type. What kind of swapping were you doing.</end quote></div>

I was initially going to swap out a new Prodigy for my old one.

I was getting a false reading that there was a problem between my trailer and the tow vehicle and my trailer wasn't attached! I would get the flashing code every so often at first, then it progressively worsened to where it flashed more than a revolving mirror at a disco[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Checked everything on the truck and couldn't find anything wrong. Finally emailed Prodigy (actually the maker) they called back after 3 days and told me some units will give this false code. They said they would warranty it, however, finding a dealer to do it was another story[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Can't find the original receipt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the business where it was bought refused to help me. So, I had it replaced with a Draw-tite at my buddies shop and will see how they handle the return.

They are suppose to be the best out there, but my buddy has replaced 3 plus mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And has yet to be reimbursed by Prodigy. And my readings at RV.net shows others are having code problems for no apparent reason also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So, I had Draw-Tite before and never had any problems with it. In this case, I think easy is better.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Quad Patrol

LJ, over on the Club ATV site, I see you have posted in the weekend ride thread about Strawberry lake. How familiar are you with that area? Might be worth the drive to check out the areas that were linked to the thread. To bad the links show the forest service website is down[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Ive never even been up there. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif" border="0[/IMG]

But im familiar enough with google and USGS maps to find my way around..

http://store.usgs.gov/...or/.....SESH

</a>

YOu can download Full USGS topo maps in PDF using that link.. Theyre around 10 megs each..

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Thanks for the link[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I had the link at one time, for some reason removed it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Can't imagine that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Did a little four wheeling today with my youngest on the east side of Sonora Pass[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (Beautiful country) while taking a picture over looking the Marine base, I heard a chomping noise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] hoping it wasn't a carnivore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Standing among some trees was a doe, so we took a picture of her, then out of nowhere, a fawn came running up to her and started nursing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] All 10 feet away from my daughter and I. It was so cool! I just love be out in the wilderness[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Did a little four wheeling today with my youngest on the east side of Sonora Pass[img][/img] (Beautiful country) while taking a picture over looking the Marine base, I heard a chomping noise[img][/img][img][/img] hoping it wasn't a carnivore[img][/img] Standing among some trees was a doe, so we took a picture of her, then out of nowhere, a fawn came running up to her and started nursing[img][/img] All 10 feet away from my daughter and I. It was so cool! I just love be out in the wilderness[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Isnt that awesome! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Im betting that Miami creek is probably dry. haha

Theyre stocking all the creeks and rivers above bass lake.. Its in the paper up here a few times a week saying when they do it. And i was up there last week when they were.

Ive been scouting out campgrounds with my mom looking for nice ones with room for "large" trailers and lots of riding available.. The only issue is that some of them are not easily accessible. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

F&G plants trout around here at above Sonora in the forks of the Stanislaus River too.

I also went site looking today. One of the downfalls of having a long trailer is 80% of the camp sites in the National Forest can only handle trailers up to 21-24 feet.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I thought the Prodigy was supposed to be the best of the type. What kind of swapping were you doing.</end quote></div>

I was getting a false reading that there was a problem between my trailer and the tow vehicle and my trailer wasn't attached! I would get the flashing code every so often at first, then it progressively worsened to where it flashed more than a revolving mirror at a disco[img][/img] Checked everything on the truck and couldn't find anything wrong. Finally emailed Prodigy (actually the maker) they called back after 3 days and told me some units will give this false code. They said they would warranty it, however, finding a dealer to do it was another story[img][/img] Can't find the original receipt[img][/img] and the business where it was bought refused to help me. So, I had it replaced with a Draw-tite at my buddies shop and will see how they handle the return.

They are suppose to be the best out there, but my buddy has replaced 3 plus mine[img][/img] And has yet to be reimbursed by Prodigy. And my readings at RV.net shows others are having code problems for no apparent reason also[img][/img] So, I had Draw-Tite before and never had any problems with it. In this case, I think easy is better.</end quote></div>

Should have just traded up to an '05-'07. I'm sure the wife would understand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"Well honey it was for safety. If the brakes on the trailer don't work...." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I was getting a false reading that there was a problem between my trailer and the tow vehicle and my trailer wasn't attached! I would get the flashing code every so often at first, then it progressively worsened to where it flashed more than a revolving mirror at a disco[IMG][/IMG] Checked everything on the truck and couldn't find anything wrong. Finally emailed Prodigy (actually the maker) they called back after 3 days and told me some units will give this false code. They said they would warranty it, however, finding a dealer to do it was another story[IMG][/IMG] Can't find the original receipt[IMG][/IMG] and the business where it was bought refused to help me. So, I had it replaced with a Draw-tite at my buddies shop and will see how they handle the return.

They are suppose to be the best out there, but my buddy has replaced 3 plus mine[IMG][/IMG] And has yet to be reimbursed by Prodigy. And my readings at RV.net shows others are having code problems for no apparent reason also[IMG][/IMG] So, I had Draw-Tite before and never had any problems with it. In this case, I think easy is better.</end quote></div>

Should have just traded up to an '05-'07. I'm sure the wife would understand. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

"Well honey it was for safety. If the brakes on the trailer don't work...." [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

7.3l &gt; *

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Should have just traded up to an '05-'07. I'm sure the wife would understand. [img][/img]

"Well honey it was for safety. If the brakes on the trailer don't work...." [img][/img]</end quote></div>

LOL! I wish[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My buddy is thinking about selling his '05 (the one with turbo problem) and buying a 2008 PSD. I would buy his, but it has way to much "bling" on it and I wouldn't enjoy 4x4ing in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And the wifey would really like to hear about me wanting another PSD after putting a new tranny in this one.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel