Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Welp I finally made it home for the night.

Left around 4 or something like that to go to Reedley to pick up the truck. Had to wait there for them to fill it up. Wasn't about to miss out on a full tank of gas. The pumped in about 18 gallons and it's running about 2.45 here. That's what I paid today to get extra gas to put in the generators.

Some of the specs that I can remember off the top of my head:

'04 F-150 2WD
Standard Cab
Short Bed (so it's the shortest wheelbase they make)
Oxford White (Corp. Vehicle Color for us.)
XL Package
4.6L V-8
4 Sp. AT
3.55:1 standard diff.
40/20/40 Vinyl split seats. Not the comfiest for when it's warmer. My back got sweaty on the 1/2 hr drive back. But it's trick. Has the flip down arm rest, storage compartment. Anyone seen how much storage is behind the seats in the standard cabs '04? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Black vinyl floors (considering the sand and mud I love em. NO STAINS!) w/ feux diamond plate markings.
AM/FM stereo. No cassette. But hey, price was right!
Standard stuff as far as about 6 cup holders, power point, cig. lighter (make that second cig. lighter).
Locking tail gate
Locking spare carrier. Now that thing is rather trick.
235/70/R17 (I thought they were 16, some kind of Hankook tire). I don't have high hopes in the sand at Pismo for those. Rather linear and not much cross tread. Probably OK with just the truck. With a trailer....ANCHOR TIME.
Tow package with 4/7 wire connector, receiver, and brake controller harness.
Tilt wheel.
No power locks, windows, etc. No cruise.

After rebates I think it was about 17K. Had a 5K rebate for it being an '04.

My thoughts:
Rides about as high as a 4x4. Great visibility. The mirrors on the thing are HUGE. I'm not sure I have enough stuff to store in the thing. There are compartments everywhere. Doors. Rear mini-doors (those are so neat.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

you can always find enough stuff to fill the cab of any truck. Hell i could drive a Bus and fill the cab with stuff. dog toys, clothes, quads, toyo tires and the sort. piece of cake. hell all the In & out bags will fill up the floor no problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I'm not much for In-N-Out. I've rather taken a liking to Sonic.

I just spent 45 minutes outside looking in and around the truck. Hehehe. I must say, the engine bay looks like it should be some kind of jet fighter. Wires, wires every where. Hell, there isn't even a throttle cable. It's all electronic. And there's an external tranny cooler. Has to be about 24" wide and 10" tall. Sits in front of the bottom of the A/C condensor (and radiator.)

I think I know how you guys feel when you got your PSDs. But the nice part is, I don't have the payments. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now I just need to find some kind of a nylon strap come-along. I'm not riding up into the back of that thing. It's dang near as high as a SD 4x4.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, congrads on the new truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]'bout time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I'm a lit'l confused, though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]You said it was a standard cab, but, said it has "Rear mini-doors (those are so neat.)" I think of an extended cab, with your description[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Trasher, I think it's about time you post some pics of your ugly mug and PSD.
I agree with Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
any of you guys ridden the mace mills/ rock creek riding areas near georgetown california(its in the mtns east of sacramento) Well its a pretty cool area. In fact it looks like we are going to buy some land in the area. Its right on a lake(lakefront, but its a small lake, maybe 15 acres or so) and can ride quads/dirt bikes right from it. We are probably gonna build a cabin/house on it(lot has all utilities to it except sewer(will do septic). Will have to start shopping for some 4x4 quads to ride around there, the DS's are for sand only. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just thought i would share.

Sean
jetsnow, Never been up that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Looked on the map and noticed it's not to far from Rocklin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Have family live up that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Can you ride up there when snow is on the ground?I know, off of hwy 108. They close the roads to atvs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] so the snowmobilers can have all the fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 02:38 AM
Air Cooled Rider

You read it right. The '04 F-150s have small suicide style doors. They have about a 6" wide window in there. And that section actually opens up like the super cabs do. Makes the main door smaller (easier in and out in tight parking spots, yet allows easy access to the area behind the seats. Tomorrow, I'll post up a pic from work. FOr some reason they never post right when I'm at home. I can see the preview image in my page, but they don't show up. It's weird. Just looking at the cab from the side, you can't tell they have the small suicide doors (unless you get up close and personal). I didn't know either until I was at the dealer and saw the handle in the sill. They have about as much space behind the seats as some of the old Nissan extra-cabs did.

Ok, I'm so having problems finding this come-along I'm looking for. They have a nylon strap instead of a wire cable. Anyone seen one? I can find all kinds of winches for boats, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Finally found what I was looking for: Ratchet Strap Hand Puller

Old 10-19-2004, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, And they call that a standard cab? Interesting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I think I know what your talking about, you want a which without the steel cable. You want the nylon strap instead. Correct? Be right back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 02:46 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, is this what your looking for? synthetic winch strap

Old 10-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Air Cooled Rider

I edited my previous post with what I want. Now if I could only find someone locally who carries them. Like to get it NOW and not have to wait. I could order it and try pulling it up with some tie downs, block and tackle style.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel