Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

I know dbeck said before they old sticker or printer guy or whatever made off with their dies or something. They were finally getting them back and going to run stickers and get everyone their stuff. That was back in July or August I think.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Do we get extras for the long wait [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Got me. Not sure. But we should. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

WOW! talk about a buncha h0mo-phobes! Ya'll got yer western names and yer afraid of the word "partner". that's like the most popular word ever in any western. "C'mon, partner"... or, "hold on there partner".... AND this is on the heels of yesterday's chat where 3 of ya were wanting to chew and lick certain parts of confused's anatomy. no flagrant h0mo admissions there!

OR, maybe it WAS confused's former closet-hom0 partner and he was just comin out of the closet for the rest of us, to help ease our way out. someone's always gotta be the first to make the admission before the rest of the pack follows. Homer does have his sexy moments, especially with Maude gone.

anyways, who are we to judge confused's sexual preference, as long as he drives a PSD, and doesn't have any kinky encounters in it with his boyfriends.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Ned you got it all wrong. westerns was Pard'ner.

Old 09-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
On that note, did anyone hear about the dude getting the ticket for doing 205 on a crotch rocket? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Happened in the midewest, IIRC. Wow. I can only imagine the fine. He was clocked from the air via marks and a stop watch. Obviously he got a free ride to the Gray Bar Hotel for that move.
There is no way that he was doing 205. Its just not possible on that bike.

Straight from the guys mouth:

All right, I was the one who got the ticket and it is time to clear some things up. For one, I was riding a 2003 Honda RC51, "heavily modified" with 2 Brothers slip on pipes and, well thats all the mods I have unless you count the "I stop for wh***s" sticker. Next, the bike wasn't impounded, it was towed so it wouldn't be in the roadway. Ok, on to the tickets. 205...uh no. I am personal friends with the owner of "Hitman Motorsports" and tonight, Sept. 22, we did a top speed run on his dyno, in 6th gear, and maxed nearly 60mph slower than I was arrested for. The "no motorcycle endorsement" is because my licence was expired, I do have a motorcycle endoresement for all you people digging into me about that. The stop watch method may be accurate at times, but this is un-conceivable for my motorcycle to approach 205. Honda's RC211v, which is Honda's MotoGP race bike, 5 cyclinders and 268 horespower, just broke 200mph on the track within the last week. And we are talking about a 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar bike. And for you gear-heads, I had on Joe Rocket Boots, Shoei helmet, Leather gloves, Ballistic coat, and leather bottoms. Also, both of us were arrested, and no, the slower one did not get a warning, he was ticketed for 111mph on a F4i. I hope this clears things up for everybody, I am just sick of everyone saying things about what they dont know, making me look like this horrific person. People speed, and if anyone knows anything about the "Flood Run" (which was the ride I was on, which by the way benefits the Gillettes Children Fund) I would be a hell of a lot more concerned about the 7,000 bar-hopping motorcyclist out on the road. 99% of the people you hear things from are misinformed. If you have questions, I will answer them. And one last note, this is information you don't know, the pilot who clocked me, was clocking me, the F4i, and flying his plane at 110mph all at the same time. Think about that for a second.

More quotes from other people:

"Sport riders verified top speed of an RC51 with a pro rider is 163.

Thats in leathers which are much more aerodynamic than what the guy was wearing....who knows how big he is. as we both know aerodynamics play a major role.

Id say he was probably going 150-160...those RCs dont have much top end."

Another quote from the rider:

TO answer some questions this happened about 5-6 miles south of Wabasha on 61 heading towards Winona. I haven't talked to the flood run organizers, however the officers did say they were there because they knew the event was taking place and they have had a history of "excessive speeders" on the last stretch down to Winona. And while we were on the side of the road, I would estimate 200-300 bikers passed us, but no one pulled over. And in response to Merlin509, there are some decent steches on that road, but even if my bike did do 205, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable. And the stretch down to Treasure Island you are talking about, one of my old roomates was killed on that road earlier this year.

And on the subject of this stopwatch calculation, you have to sit back and think, and believe me I have done a lot of this, about human reaction time, the fact that he was running two stop watches and flying his plane at the same time, his degree of angle on my when I crossed the hash-marks on the road, plus depth-perseption. I really do appreciate everyones feedback on this, and I will keep everyone informed."

Old 09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Thanks for the heads up on that power. I received it as a link on a news site. I'm thinking it was ABC. I guess we can **** can them along with CBS for getting the story right.

The story didn't say what kind of bike he was running but I know some of the higher end sport bikes can flat out get up and boogie. The fact that it only pulled 140MPH on a dyno tells you it sure as heck wasn't going 205. The dyno would be pure gearing. No aerodynamic drag. Maybe someone saw 140MPH on the ticket and thought they popped him for going 140 MPH OVER the speed limit.

Old 09-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Thanks for the heads up on that power. I received it as a link on a news site. I'm thinking it was ABC. I guess we can **** can them along with CBS for getting the story right.The story didn't say what kind of bike he was running but I know some of the higher end sport bikes can flat out get up and boogie. The fact that it only pulled 140MPH on a dyno tells you it sure as heck wasn't going 205. The dyno would be pure gearing. No aerodynamic drag. Maybe someone saw 140MPH on the ticket and thought they popped him for going 140 MPH OVER the speed limit.
Even CNN says 205. Thats what they all said and thats what he was ticketed for. I think the officer was deffinatly wrong on this. The fastest racing RC51 was only clocked at 175... So unless this guy has some MAJOR power adder that 205 that they got is totally wrong.
Kinda feal sorry for the guy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Here's the ticket.

Should be interesting to find out what happens. Somebody isn't being honest. Either the officer goofed up, or the guy is lieing about the bike (i.e. it's heavily modified.) People are comparing what some pro riders did on a closed course. The thing is, those are closed, meaning turns. Depends on how long of a straight this was he was on. The gearing and the rev limit of the bike is what should have showed on the dyno. I.e. it should have shown what the speed at redline would be with the gearing.

Old 09-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

any of you fellow PSD guys interested in a trailer to take all your toys wherever you go? Click Here

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel