Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

ya, i never thot anyone would misinterpret my former "business" partner as a turdpuncher. we were 49.5/50.5 shareholders in a limited company, until i bought him out. so partner just seems like a natural reference. but now that every word i use is under the microscope, i'll be more careful. and i'll continue to overlook everyone else's bad spelling and worse grammar. it's that darn Toyo.. he's trouble. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

we had a car in the city caught going 300Km/h. there were all these fad shirts being worn after that said, Vancouver: Speed Limit 300 (in huge numbers). but this 205 mph is obviously flawed. still, he was flying even if it was 140mph.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: rescuediver
4kicks, ....

...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img](No reason for replies here)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]It costs money to hear your case, and the fine does not pay for everyone that particpates in "your day in court" I think, if you want to take it to court and you loose, you should pay for court fees and officers fees. The $100 (approx)fine doesn't pay for the system to work properly. And I believe, if you win, the appropriate jurisdiction, should compensate YOU, for your time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Wish You luck. MD
UH HUH SURE there is reason man... YOU GUYS JUST GIVE OUT TICKETS FOR REVENUE TO PAY YOUR SALARIES!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] More tickets you dish out maybe you get a surplus in the budget and then you send in the union reps for the kill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All a conspiracy I tell ya

Toyo, Wish it was that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] My dept. does not directly see the money that is generated from the fines that are paid. The percentage that they get, goes directly into the general fund. And, the portion of our citation fees are a small pportion of what the general fund contains. WE DO NOT HAVE A QUOTA. It's actually, against the law to do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]If it was for our salaries, I could then, agree with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, it's not[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Only consparacy going on here, is against me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Hey I loved CHiPs when I was growing up! Haven't seen it in a few years though.

I try to take the 5MPH rule. Don't go faster than 5MPH over the limit. Only place I really really watch for the CHP is out on "The Racetrack" as I call it. Highway 41 between Lemoore and Kettleman City. Usually see 2 -3 officers when I come back from Pismo and it takes about 30 minutes to drive that stretch of road. See maybe one between Kettleman and Paso Robles and that's about another hours drive.

I have yet to get a ticket. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] <beats on desk> Close call going to Pismo a couple trips back....flew passed a CHP officer sitting under an overpass at Madonna Rd. in SLO. Luckily he bailed at Los Osos Valley Rd. I was wizzinging along at 65 with a trailer. eek.

Just the other day they closed 41 between Cholame and Reef City (41&33) due to a 7 car pileup including a big rig around Cottonwood Pass (I think that's what they were calling it). DOH. 2-Lane highway. Traffice diverted on I-5 and Highway 33 south to 46. ICK. That's got to add an hour to the drive.
Skinner, 5 mph over is a safe speed, especially where radar is used[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm confortable at 10 over, but, that's because everyone else is usually doing 15+ over. If, I'm pulling my trailer, I'll do about 65-68. Again, I'm traveling pretty safe and still getting passed by fellow trailers going 80mph+ Remember, watch what's going on around you. Are there bigger fish in the sea? 99% of the time for me, there is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And watching what truckers do, is a very smart move[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
rescuediver, YOU ARE THE MAN!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I can't believe how well you responded to all those posts, especially mine, THANKS A BUNCH![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thank You and you are VERY WELCOME[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, Generally, Trucks are limited to the right or slow lane. Unless, they are passing and can do so within 1 mile(yea, right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])They can only use the #2 lane, if: it's posted. This is usually in City limits or heavy on ramp traffic areas. This helps merging traffic. And, vehicles over 10,000 lbs are prohibited from using the #1 lane or fast lane. Exceptions are Commercial Buses. ie. greyhound
A lot of your slower trucks have governors on them. The big boss watches how fast they eccelerate, rpm's, avg mph etc. I'm sure, PA, can elaborate more on that. A trucker friend of ours, hated it in one of his trucks. Felt it was unsafe for him as he traveled the open road.
On aircrafts, they time you between 2 points. If you look on the shoulders, you will see white marks. They time how fast you travel between those two points and cite you accordingly. Also, if you get a ticket by air[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would just pay the ticket. They are the most professional presenters in court I have ever seen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Of course, besides me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They have all the case laws (pertaining to air enforcement) out there and can shoot down any defense you can throw at them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And on the crotch rocket? Here, he would of went to jail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Any speed over 100 mph is a misd. And speed like that, would be an easy reckless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
MD, who was questioning your integrity? or was that just a general comment? I agree if you can't believe the police, who can you believe. but over the past few years I've never seen such huge deteoration in police credibility. the lying and cover-ups have been awful, locally. a few brief examples: an "accused" child molester/murderer (Shannon Murrin) got off his charge cuz the police flagrantly lied and were contradicted on the stand. they arranged to have him beaten by neighbors, then lied about it.[quote]

Confused, It was a general comment on my part. Every force has a officer that is questionable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]When I did backgrounds, I tried to weed them out. Unfortuanately, some get through. Also, the agencies where you see major problems, I would ask, were they pressured to hire substandard officers due to- various pressures from the community? L.A. has their problems, Miami had problems, Detroit etc. Look at who they hired and can you see where problems might arise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Quad Patrol

I know dbeck said before they old sticker or printer guy or whatever made off with their dies or something. They were finally getting them back and going to run stickers and get everyone their stuff. That was back in July or August I think.
You guys should PM dbeck or email him at dbeck@atving.com
He will be able to answer you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And also, ask about extras, worse he can say is NO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Here's the ticket.

Should be interesting to find out what happens. Somebody isn't being honest. Either the officer goofed up, or the guy is lieing about the bike (i.e. it's heavily modified.) People are comparing what some pro riders did on a closed course. The thing is, those are closed, meaning turns. Depends on how long of a straight this was he was on. The gearing and the rev limit of the bike is what should have showed on the dyno. I.e. it should have shown what the speed at redline would be with the gearing.
Skinner, It reads 205 in a 65 zone. And timed by a Aircraft operator. Read my post above about aircraft operators[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]That's a cheap fine, for the speed he was doing.

Old 09-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
any of you fellow PSD guys interested in a trailer to take all your toys wherever you go? Click Here

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nice trailer, Think I'm going to hold out for the new, slide-out version[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Quad Patrol

And once again, I am talking to myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I've been doing to much of that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Here lately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel