Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

[i]Originally posted by: powerstroke01

W00's are too fast for teh p0p0!!1!!1!!!!11
LMAO,,,Peeelleeezzzeeee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 03:23 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

My wise, or unwise depending on how you look at it, uncle once imparted some good advice to me, "You might be able to out run a Crown Vic, but you can't outrun a Motorola." I think that says it all. hehehe. Fresno PD had to replace their piston helicopters with turbines....they were literally getting outrun. One time in the summer of ohh...'99 probably, maybe before that, they were chasing a Chevy truck and couldn't keep up with it. They were having to cut corners and head him off. He finally popped a bead when he hit a center island.

In the summer because of the heat, and reduced carrying capacity because of the thinner air, they have to leave behind some of their toys. The funny thing was when they bought those Enstroms, they touted the piston engine motors as being quieter. Now in the move to the trubines, they are touting how THEY are quieter than piston motors. And I'll tell yah, they are. While I was out with the Mormon Chick on Friday night one of the new Ghetto Birds was up running a race track. Half the time you couldn't hear him. Usually from the frontal area. From the back it just sounded REALLY weird.

I do know of a few curves thought would be cool to fly around on, but I'm completely stock on the car and I don't wanna fly over an edge. Highway 49, especially south of Bagby Recreation area. Power knows this area...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Wow, it sure is pretty funny to see where all we've gone with this thread.

On the Nubira, I've never actually busted the front end loose. I always see spinning tires as a waste of power. I was just teed off last night and jumped on the gas pedal taking off from a corner. When I jump on it too hard on the Nubira it gets some nasty torque steer going on.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-18-2004, 03:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, there is a lot of truth to that saying about Motorola[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Helicopters, we have one, don' t really keep up on them. Seems they are never working when you really need them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We usually use the local EMS helicopters or requests CHP's out of Fresno.
So, did the Ghetto bird, catch the skinner and Ms. Mormon in a strange position[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I don't think any part of Hwy 49 isn't curvy. That is a nasty, narrow highway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't contribute to the whirly bird chat, cuz i know zero 'bout it. BUT windy highway, this one is wicked... take highway 20 from Anahim Lake to Bella Coola. It's 23 miles and tons of switchbacks and hairpins with no guard rails, 5000' drop. carved out of a mtn. not paved. takes over an hour to drive that section. it goes from 5000' to sea level, with a six mile section at 18 percent grade, mostly one lane wide during the steep part. some nice, sheer drops there. I REALLY wanna see you guys pull the B-train set ups down that hill. I don't know how to post a link, but if you do a google search for highway 20 Bella Coola, you'll get several hits and some specifically about "the hill". beautiful area, full of grizzly and black bears. a friend of mine is a bear biologist there.

the locals built the road that everyone said couldn't be built, and gov't refused to fund it. two bulldozers started on either side and touched blades in the middle.

creator, add another off-topic to the list, but this one is related in that it emphasizes the importance of having a good exhaust brake for your diesel.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

yippee-i-o. check out ned's new avatar. no sermons today though, I thought I'd let you ponder the last one.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Gees Preacher...I feel actual guilt.
I think I'll stop posting on this forum and get back to work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
I thought I would check this puppy out from the start and see where we all have been. (I'm bored sitting in a hotel room in Flagstaff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img])

We have talked about 7.3 diesels (the topic) and then it went it many different areas. Below are most of the other topics discussed:
lift kits, fuel mileage, 6.0 vs 7.3, transmissions, rearends, Ft. brakes, engine mods, pulling doubles, class a licenses, dumbell sets, riding areas, quad decks, mudisntjust4boys, WW's kids haircut, cost of homes, fishin, airbag susp, trail dust, paint colors, trans coolers, temp gauges, perf. chips, trojans, Canada, rock bands, who's got the most toys, quad racks, GPS, Polaris Quads, raffles, exhaust systems, F550-650's, toy haulers, CHP, pocket rockets, Moab, diet pepsi, REI, posted pics, Duramax, '05 fords, river trips, Jib Jab, Pismo, BBQ's, Speedo's, heat vent pp, yamaha breeze, mohawks, daewoo's, Forda Beta Kappa, temps, mexican food, mustangs, hamburgers, corrosion, fire places, sheep, sheetrock, profiles, sleds, new names, salmon, home depot, church, work (for some of us), Helicopters, and VW diesels.

Looks like the thread turned into a chat room![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Nothing wrong with that........Might as well keep it going and find out what other turns it will take.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Creator (aka Trasher)
My dearest Creator, I pray unto thee thanking thee for Forda Beta Kappa. Please forgive me for being such an unworthy forum participant....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This thread is kinda like Seinfeld...about a whole lot of nothing. I guess that's why we love it so much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hey Nedflanders, thanks a lot for chasing away DQ with all of your Bible bashing...gees....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

hi diddly-do there Hoss.

you missed the point. i saw earlier you were accused of being a misogenist. I just wanted to relay that Ephisians essentially preaches that's a good thing, and you're supported in your quest to rule the home with an iron body part. that is, if there's enough blood flow left to get that part to iron.

the other part was just a warning to choose your sheep wisely.

actually, creator started the thread, but you're the one that dubbed it FBK and gave it life. what creativity for a frat boy. maybe creator should do another scan of all the posts and see how many names you've been given... fratboy, pervert, stalker, deviant, pp, hoss.

ol Ned thinks you're really a baaaaa-baaaa-baaad-boy. i'm sure there's a flock that agrees.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ned...poor, poor Ned...you are such an ill informed soul. I'm not a bad boy, I'm just a little bit like Dennis the Mennis. I like to stir things up and walk away...

Hey, do you even own a Ford? You probably drive one of those "Short Buses" that you use to haul the "Flock" around. By the way, your kids are nerds.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

well, well, well, there's no reason to insult rod and todd, they're the apple of Maude's and my eyes. I have a former airport shuttle bus with a Powerstroke. I use it to haul around Rev. Lovejoy and the rest of the congregation.

I have a cattle-hauler for the g/f's, i mean sheep.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel