Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Umm lets see which time. I was doin 150 on a ZX11 in a 30mph? I been doin 155 in a BMW M3 in a 25 thru a red light sliding in the rain. A couple days later my buddy wrapped that car around a telephone pole 32" embedment thru the center console, car got so hot while the pole was goin thru melted his nike's to the floor.

Old 09-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

The S/O here has a helicopter. Most of it was paid for by a citizen's campaign called 'Operationg Skywatch'. It was supposed to be a combined Fresno S/O and PD unit. But they city and county are always in a pissing match...kinda like Hoss's boy. So they split the money. S/O bought a used turbine helo from Phoenix. PD bought a couple of crappy piston Enstrom's that don't have enough power in the summer to carry all their night vision gear. So they are getting rid of those and picked up a turbine of their own. (The chief pilot, civilian, actually used to fly the S/O's helo when it was in AZ.)

My boss mainly did the Aero Squadran thing so he can get his CWP without much of a hassle I think. He's one of those gun toting NRA lunatics. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k He used to competition shoot all the time. Has 3 on the permit...cause I think it was the only three of the guns he has that you can carry with a CWP. Everything else is older I guess and not approved.

Though, I do like the new color scheme. Just took some brain adjustment to look for em.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Man all this helicopter talk is depressing me. You realize if i wasnt color blind i could possibly be flying a RAH-66 COMANCHE STEALTH HELICOPTER!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I got to ride in an apache. and let me tell you thats all i ever wanted to do after that was be in the marines or army and fly helicopters. i was shatterd at 18 shattered i tell you. straight up crap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now one day i may not be able to fly for military or comercially but i will somehow get my pilots liscense when i come up with the huge cash and time to get it done. i got my eye on a lil chopper

Old 09-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I've seen the Cameros around Fresno. Including one sitting in the drivethrough at a local Starbucks. No more donut houses...they've gone upscale! And yeah, the little buggers (light bars) are hard to see. I remember back in HS this kid said he was gonna fight a ticket he got for rolling a stop sign because the officer was in an unmarked car "and they have to be in an unmarked car!" Took a bit to regain my compuser from LMAO. The teacher's assist. told him it doesn't matter. He used to be a trucker but got tired of it. Said the CHP had a pink car of some kind. Used to see it around the Grapevine.

I remember everyone made a big stink about the CHP passing on HD and going to BMWs. I think they are pretty cool looking. Cheaper in the long run. Safer (how about anti-lock brakes!). I think all of the agencies here have, or are moving to BMW. Fresno PD runs a couple of different models. One is lilke the CHP and the other is more like an enduro type of bike. Funny lookin little things. But they are buying them for all the new traffic officers so they are probably a bit cheaper than the full on BMWs. Too bad for my ATV dealer...they serviced all the old Kawis. They had the highest priority of any customer.

Fastest I've been...ummm 95 or so trying to get past some damn garlic trucks on SR 46 going east bound from Paso Robles. Where the passing lanes are just before you start to climb up. I think right before the Cholame Safety Stop....I think MD is familiar with that stop from what he said earlier.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

95 man that aint even livin on the edge you never had a deathwish i see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Umm lets see which time. I was doin 150 on a ZX11 in a 30mph? I been doin 155 in a BMW M3 in a 25 thru a red light sliding in the rain. A couple days later my buddy wrapped that car around a telephone pole 32" embedment thru the center console, car got so hot while the pole was goin thru melted his nike's to the floor.
Dats toooo fasssstttt!! lol

Old 09-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Let me be the first to tell you two lane roads with no shoulders and trees on the sides at 150mph get really frickin small and you feel like your in star trek goin to warp speed ggoin by all the street lights.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Hell the car goes like 118 tops I think. SO she was close to the end of the line. And that was fast enough for me. It is really a dangerous section of road. Daytime Headlight area. That's one thing I WISH they'd make mandatory in the US is DRLs. They are one thing that really makes a different. Hell, I know you used to be able to buy the part for Dodge's for like $50 from the dealer. Just plugs in. I'm assuming into the fuse panel. Not sure though. No quoting! I always, unless I forget like 1x a month or I'm driving a car I'm not used to, drive with my headlights on.

OK, this thread is popping today.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

My headlights are on 100% of the time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] brrr its cold in here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k but seriously I turn the lights on in the truck everytime. its a process. get in - buckle up - start it up - flip the headlights on - push in the clutch agin - HAUL ****

Old 09-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I bet a PSD with 3.5's could do 140+

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel