Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: Trasher
It must be He!! gettin old. Can you tell us about it Confused? or is this just a Canadian thing needing those type of drugs?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Please share with the group
wow, i guess I'm close to the senior of the group at 40 y/o. thank god I named Pa Cartwright (Mr. Tommy) way back when i did. why..., you just listen up you young whipper-snappers!! as for the performance enhancers, I figure it's like cheating with 'roids. so far, I've never had to fake the finish, so i figure I'm okay. but i'm sure the wife would appreciate one of those 4-hour-see-your-doctor-problems i was talkin about earlier. so far the only performance enhancers have been a few drinks. lets hope that keeps working for a long time.

it's all beginning to make so much sense. no wonder i get no respect! yer all a bunch wet-behind-the-ear young punks... listening to yer dam rap music on dem-dere boom boxes. show some respect for your elders sonny-boy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm older than you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] 'oh my.......... Must be that Rap music that keeps me feeling younger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] yo dogg..............

Old 12-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Had to get the PSD re-alligned on Saturday...now they think I may have tie-rod problems.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh, also put in a new throttle cable on the sp500, too.

Didn't they check the tie rod ends out when you had the ball joints checked/replaced??? Those are the first things they check
If you have sloppy tie rod ends, your toe setting will be off and can wear the Toyo's out pretty quickly.

Old 12-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Skinner, I'll let you know where we plan on going, if anywhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Wife wants to go to the bay area for a day or too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Confused, what are fathers for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] rather see you break a leg, then your son[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Glad you made it down safely. Why didn't you bring the Kodiak? Or did you just feel you needed some excitement in your diet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
MD, or should i say Barney Fife, your detective skills are deteriorating! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As i explained, i was trying to give the 250ES a good run, diagnose my fuel problem, and generally give it a long, fast run. this was more logging road, so we were flying a lot..... trying to de-carb it. and because it was going to be a faster, adult oriented ride, I guess Jr felt more comfy going fast on the XR80 vs. his quad. boy, is he ever doing good with kick start and clutch!! I'm impressed. and that thing FLYS... with my hide, it was going close to 50MPH, full out in 5th gear.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hoss: I'm with Creator, you had upper and lower balljoints replaced and they never checked tie rods??? Have Fords always been rotten for ball joints?? they don't last much beyond 50-60,000 miles, on any of their trucks. Mine were done at around 30,000 miles.my old 3/4 ton had em done, and so did my '86 1/2T. are you on a lot of rough roads, washboard/logging road stuff?? plus no grease nipples on them doesn't seem to help (not enough clearance I guess).

well guys, i guess I'm one of the rodents you were just trashing. they often compare SF to Vancouver for large cities, maybe because of some of the similarities: both have a HUGE Chinatowns, both are full of queers that are proud of it (our restaurant dinner specials are often rump-roast, bone-in), both have a large suspension bridge (Golden Gate is more modern and longer than Lions Gate), both are hilly, although we have a better mountain backdrop, and both have a large park in the city (can't recall SF's big park), but Stanley Park here is huge and beautiful, and right in the heart of downtown. Oh the timber you could take outta there!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] both are westcoast/on ocean.

point is, with all those similarities, guess that makes me some kinda freak. And i hear ya boys on outlying area property values getting jacked cuz of the big city. we have Kelowna in the Okanagan Valley, and Vancouver Island. 2 nice places to live with mild winters. but all the big city folk sell their properties for buckets of cash, move to these places and drive the values up artificially, cuz there's nothing to sustain the economy except service industry. my wife has been searching since we had a northern trip recently. newer house with 313 acres, asking $399,000 Canadian (deduct 20-25% for US amount). man, the trails you could make on that property!! 8 hours north of here (Prince George).

Old 12-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

I'm planning to go to Gordon's over the holiday week (Next to Buttercup). Too bad you aren't going to make the drive but I don't blame you. It's pretty far for you.
Yes it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Maybe next year. Hopefully, we'll have that elusive toy trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]and no need for two cars to do all the traveling with the quads and trailer.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher yo dogg..............

Creator, Isn't it Yo dawg?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Confused: I wasn't ******* Vancouver. I've never been there and haven't heard all that much about it so it wouldn't be my place to dog it.

It's not so much that I don't like people from the Bay Area (it's MUCH larger than SF. SF in fact is a very small part of the entire area.) It's I just don't like all the people (I mean the AMOUNT of people). Fresno is 400K plus, Clovis is about 80K (it was like 30K when I moved here in '83 from...well...Fresno.) The traffic is absolutely insane!

By small town I mean like some little town in UT or something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Though the local "wild life" could make it interesting.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Trasher yo dogg..............

Creator, Isn't it Yo dawg?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

DOGG.
D-O double G If it's good enough for Snoop, it's good enough for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Confused: I wasn't ******* Vancouver. I've never been there and haven't heard all that much about it so it wouldn't be my place to dog it.

It's not so much that I don't like people from the Bay Area (it's MUCH larger than SF. SF in fact is a very small part of the entire area.) It's I just don't like all the people (I mean the AMOUNT of people). Fresno is 400K plus, Clovis is about 80K (it was like 30K when I moved here in '83 from...well...Fresno.) The traffic is absolutely insane!

By small town I mean like some little town in UT or something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Though the local "wild life" could make it interesting.
yo dude, dontcha mean dawging!

careful, UT is full of closet freaks, stalkers,queers, bigamists, beastialitists and necropheliacs (mostly necros and beastialitists) ! they just PRETEND to be nice. Haven't you paid attention to anything Hoss has posted over the past year? and look at all those avatar changes of his ...WIERD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 03:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

MD, or should i say Barney Fife, your detective skills are deteriorating! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As i explained, i was trying to give the 250ES a good run, diagnose my fuel problem, and generally give it a long, fast run. this was more logging road, so we were flying a lot..... trying to de-carb it. and because it was going to be a faster, adult oriented ride, I guess Jr felt more comfy going fast on the XR80 vs. his quad. boy, is he ever doing good with kick start and clutch!! I'm impressed. and that thing FLYS... with my hide, it was going close to 50MPH, full out in 5th gear.
Yea right, take a m/c up where snow is so deep the kid almost hurts himself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And then, blame the idea on de-carbing a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We all know, Honda's are reliable and shouldn't NEED to be de-carbed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Logic, sounds about right for a confused canadian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And, How did you know, I had to load my bullets from my shirt pocket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel